Thread: Why?

Default Why?

Why shut off lam before the weekend? Most peeps are off on the weekends, so it allows for better testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsbet View Post
    Moved his sense of humor to a new data center, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemdog View Post
    Why shut off lam before the weekend? Most peeps are off on the weekends, so it allows for better testing.
    Best guess? Release on Monday, this was just to find any superly glaring showstopper bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Lamannia is not a Beta server, they don't want you to test. It's a preview server. They decided what you will play and show you in a little preview. That's all. Don't think our "test" means something for them.
    Leader de "I GRANCHI AVIATORI" -->Toons:

Axart - Bowart - Chainart - Drondell - Healart - Jysela - Mesmerizart - Palwart - Tankart - Warelize - Wrapart

Founder
    Enlightened Completionist

Question Nerd Rage?

While the other two responses may be right, let me propose another possibility... To avoid a weekend's worth of nerd rage over things that they have already decided need adjusting, but know most, even those of us willing to give up our weekend to Lamannia, may not read every post where they have already stated they will be tweaking this and that before the next release/preview. Monday will tell which of us, if any, is more correct.
    Martens -The Enlightened One, Triple-Cubed Completionist, "Abbot Slayer," Mournlander (30 Monk Martens' 3.0 Build) * Marten (30 Cleric) Sarlona
    ** My IRL Epic **

We had enough time to discuss the dev's proposed changes and based on the feedback they are ready to proceed to live since everything is perfect.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

The obvious conclusion is that the Lam "preview" and official thread were put up at the last minute to give the illusion that the player base is part of the process. A few minor mostly harmless quick compromises are given to the most agreeable squeaky wheels and everyone else is left to complain without comment or effect on the process.

I'd like to see them address Racial, Deity and Vanguard being heavily effected more than other builds, The ruining of many fun and "outside the box" builds that are based on the snyergy of named weapons with Improved Critical Doubling, and how the game will be poorer and more one dimensional.

I guess there's not enough people playing Dwarves, Silver flame Paladins or S&B pitching a fit to be worthy of attention. So they'll just cancel VIP and leave quietly. Then Turbine will scramble to fix the collateral damage. Too bad the damage will have been done already and like always they will have already lost players.

If the goal of these nerfs is to make sure that Barb and Ranger TWF are similar power while lots of other already lower DPS builds do a lot less DPS than they already do, ignoring everything else then maybe they can call it a success... but IMO the goal is questionable and the collateral damage has more negative impact on the overall game than the positive impact of reducing DPS and thus increasing challenge across the board...

I wonder if we'll see another Sev apology in 3 months "we didn't foresee how many unintended nerfs this change caused; now that 70% of the player base is TWF Khopesh and Human we intend to do a "Racial balance pass" we will start by giving Drow +4 crit range and 80 melee power if they equip a Scimitar in both hands, Dwarves will get 90 melee power and +3 crit range when they equip an Axe in one hand, Elf's will get +5 crit range and 70melee power to Bows and Long swords...

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    We had enough time to discuss the dev's proposed changes and based on the feedback they are ready to proceed to live since everything is perfect.
    I like you... you're so funny

Axart - Bowart - Chainart - Drondell - Healart - Jysela - Mesmerizart - Palwart - Tankart - Warelize - Wrapart

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    The obvious conclusion is that the Lam "preview" and official thread were put up at the last minute to give the illusion that the player base is part of the process. A few minor mostly harmless quick compromises are given to the most agreeable squeaky wheels and everyone else is left to complain without comment or effect on the process.
    That's the point

I guess there's not enough people playing Dwarves, Silver flame Paladins or S&B pitching a fit to be worthy of attention. So they'll just cancel VIP and leave quietly. Then Turbine will scramble to fix the collateral damage. Too bad the damage will have been done already and like always they will have already lost players.
    Meanwhile the game continue to die...

I wonder if we'll see another Sev apology in 3 months "we didn't foresee how many unintended nerfs this change caused; now that 70% of the player base is TWF Khopesh and Human we intend to do a "Racial balance pass" we will start by giving Drow +4 crit range and 80 melee power if they equip a Scimitar in both hands, Dwarves will get 90 melee power and +3 crit range when they equip an Axe in one hand, Elf's will get +5 crit range and 70melee power to Bows and Long swords...
    And it will be too late cause players will be already on others games to spend their money