Community Member

Default Do gems respawn enemies

I am currently in a group where the leader told us not to pick up the gems because it makes enemies respawn. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    I am currently in a group where the leader told us not to pick up the gems because it makes enemies respawn. Is this true?
    Not being sure which quest you are running I am not 100% sure, but I cannot think of a quest offhand that picking up anything makes enemies respawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

col chamber in the vale. The gems spawn bats. Well, they seem to spawn anyway...irksome if you lack cleave or AoE attacks...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Not being sure which quest you are running I am not 100% sure, but I cannot think of a quest offhand that picking up anything makes enemies respawn.
    Its coallesence chamber. We were also told hirelings are offensive and take XP away from quests.

Its coallesence chamber. We were also told hirelings are offensive and take XP away from quests.
    The leader was probably trying to fill the group for xp bonus week and the hireling takes a roster spot, so 5% potential xp hit
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Well this weekend they do - they do not give the extra 5% xp per person in the quest. The offensive part varies from leader to leader.

As for the gems in coal chamber, not that I ever noticed but then again I never paid attn to it so possibly..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

Hirlings no longer affect quest xp at all. There used to be a slight penalty when hirlings died, which was not in frequent.

As stated above, in coal chamber picking up gems spawns mobs, but I can't think of anywhere else that's true.

I ninja'd a couple of posts in this thread, heh
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players