Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Ahhh...

Well I would like to delete the last two posts. Yes, your guess was accurate, and the answer was that simple. I did not realize that you have to over-write your shortcut on the toolbar even if the icon "looks" identical. But hey.. I learned and woohoo, my DPS is better now! Thanks tons!

CaptEHCJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptEHCJ1 View Post
    Well I would like to delete the last two posts. Yes, your guess was accurate, and the answer was that simple. I did not realize that you have to over-write your shortcut on the toolbar even if the icon "looks" identical. But hey.. I learned and woohoo, my DPS is better now! Thanks tons!

CaptEHCJ
    woot! I'm glad it worked

Community Member

Default Questions for your build

Hey, relatively new player here, I leveled a cleric to 20 before TR'ing for the first time into your Warlock build (level 13 currently) and am really enjoying it! I have a few questions to help me fully understand the build though.

1. Is there any way to lower/prevent the ASF on Spirit Blast/Eldritch Burst without removing my shield? I'm still fully able to tank/dps mobs but there have been a few times where I fail both of these and get bursted down before my cooldowns are back up (granted this is less of an issue now since I have Shining Through, I'd still like to lower/remove the ASF if possible!)

2. I went with the Fiend Pact instead of Fey, and I haven't put any points into Perform because of it. I assume the main reason you were maxing out Perform was for the extra sonic damage. As far as I can tell, there are no other benefits to taking that Skill. Am I wrong?

Thanks so much for your build/guide! I'm having a ton of fun with it and your videos are very informative.

I'm happy to see that there are people out there who actually open their eyes, read and realize that raid gear is not always the best in-slot. Epic Shield of Tireless Aid is at the moment the best shield for tanks in the game. I kept saying that and thank you for not being a sheep and actually looking outside of raid gear aswell, good job

Quote Originally Posted by Nyquilify View Post
    Hey, relatively new player here, I leveled a cleric to 20 before TR'ing for the first time into your Warlock build (level 13 currently) and am really enjoying it! I have a few questions to help me fully understand the build though.

1. Is there any way to lower/prevent the ASF on Spirit Blast/Eldritch Burst without removing my shield? I'm still fully able to tank/dps mobs but there have been a few times where I fail both of these and get bursted down before my cooldowns are back up (granted this is less of an issue now since I have Shining Through, I'd still like to lower/remove the ASF if possible!)
    At level 14 you can get Fanion, which has no ASF. I highly recommend this option. Up to that point what I have done is use a crafted light mithral shield, which has no ASF. You can also use augments to reduce your ASF. If you are a crafter there's Lesser Arcane Casting Dexterity as a prefix option that can be put onto rings, trinkets and gloves. There is also gear that lowers ASF, as well as some enhancements. You definitely want to run with zero ASF, which is very achievable. Check out the Arcane Spell Failure entry on wiki for some good info on the topic.

2. I went with the Fiend Pact instead of Fey, and I haven't put any points into Perform because of it. I assume the main reason you were maxing out Perform was for the extra sonic damage. As far as I can tell, there are no other benefits to taking that Skill. Am I wrong?
    You are right, no need for perform on Fiend Pact.

Thanks so much for your build/guide! I'm having a ton of fun with it and your videos are very informative.
    Yvw, I'm glad you're enjoying it and the vids and thanks for saying

Quote Originally Posted by Phil7 View Post
    I'm happy to see that there are people out there who actually open their eyes, read and realize that raid gear is not always the best in-slot. Epic Shield of Tireless Aid is at the moment the best shield for tanks in the game. I kept saying that and thank you for not being a sheep and actually looking outside of raid gear aswell, good job
    Well I will admit that I have my eye on Devil's Defense! But my Epic Shield of Tireless Aid has +4 mythic, so hard for me to give that up. There's a trinket coming in U31 with quality con +4 so that's going to tempt me to give up epic litany. Gearing choices keep me up at night

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nachomammashouse View Post
    At level 14 you can get Fanion, which has no ASF. I highly recommend this option. Up to that point what I have done is use a crafted light mithral shield, which has no ASF. You can also use augments to reduce your ASF. If you are a crafter there's Lesser Arcane Casting Dexterity as a prefix option that can be put onto rings, trinkets and gloves. There is also gear that lowers ASF, as well as some enhancements. You definitely want to run with zero ASF, which is very achievable. Check out the Arcane Spell Failure entry on wiki for some good info on the topic.
    I'll start working towards Fanion right away! Decreasing my 15% to 5% will be huge! I never got into crafting (only been playing for a month), so I was hoping to stay with named items that I can get from drops/challenges/etc. Thanks for the info!

I'll start working towards Fanion right away! Decreasing my 15% to 5% will be huge! I never got into crafting (only been playing for a month), so I was hoping to stay with named items that I can get from drops/challenges/etc. Thanks for the info!
    np, you can farm heroic orchard rare chests and quests for shield pieces and tome pages. Once you build up a few extra, start spamming the market and harbor and eveningstar trade channels saying that you're looking for shield pieces a,b,c and can trade shield/tome pieces x,y,z. You can usually find someone that is willing to trade. gl!

Community Member

np, you can farm heroic orchard rare chests and quests for shield pieces and tome pages. Once you build up a few extra, start spamming the market and harbor and eveningstar trade channels saying that you're looking for shield pieces a,b,c and can trade shield/tome pieces x,y,z. You can usually find someone that is willing to trade. gl!
    Already working on it, thanks! One more question though... the Fanion will bring my ASF chance to 5%, what if I augment it with a 5% sapphire of spell agility? Will it stack to 0% or just take the higher value of 10%?

Already working on it, thanks! One more question though... the Fanion will bring my ASF chance to 5%, what if I augment it with a 5% sapphire of spell agility? Will it stack to 0% or just take the higher value of 10%?
    Fanion has zero ASF. Are you also getting ASF from armor or something?

Community Member

Fanion has zero ASF. Are you also getting ASF from armor or something?
    I thought Fanion gives a flat 10% reduction to ASF because of it's Twilight enchantment (This suit of armor, favored by eladrin spellcasters, becomes semi-incorporeal when donned. The twilight armor reduces the chance of arcane spell failure by -10%). The only other ASF reduction I have is a 5% sapphire of Spell Agility, but I haven't equipped that onto anything yet because I assume that it won't stack with Fanion since Fanion has a higher %ASF reduction value.

So my understanding is that equipping Fanion would bring my 15% ASF chance down to 5% because of the Twlight enchantment, then I would need to find a way to remove that final 5%. The only other way I've seen to do that is through a 15% sapphire of Spell Agility. I have no other forms of ASF.

I thought Fanion gives a flat 10% reduction to ASF because of it's Twilight enchantment (This suit of armor, favored by eladrin spellcasters, becomes semi-incorporeal when donned. The twilight armor reduces the chance of arcane spell failure by -10%). The only other ASF reduction I have is a 5% sapphire of Spell Agility, but I haven't equipped that onto anything yet because I assume that it won't stack with Fanion since Fanion has a higher %ASF reduction value.

So my understanding is that equipping Fanion would bring my 15% ASF chance down to 5% because of the Twlight enchantment, then I would need to find a way to remove that final 5%. The only other way I've seen to do that is through a 15% sapphire of Spell Agility. I have no other forms of ASF.
    Fanion has zero ASF for itself because it's both mithral and twilight. The ASF reduction properties only apply to itself. So if you have no other sources of ASF other than your current shield, then you will have zero ASF with Fanion

Community Member

Fanion has zero ASF for itself because it's both mithral and twilight. The ASF reduction properties only apply to itself. So if you have no other sources of ASF other than your current shield, then you will have zero ASF with Fanion
    I totally didn't even read the Mithral buff.... color me embarrassed. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to getting the shield!

Community Member

I watched the whole video series and played the build to level 30 (and recommended it to a couple guildies), and I must say I really enjoyed it!

I was wondering if you'd be willing to add a section for recommended non-raid gear to the build for those of us who don't really raid (similar to the one you did for Gingerspyce's build). It would be really helpful!

Community Member

Default Martial Sphere

What did you run in for your 3 lives in the Martial Sphere. I am looking at all 3 and none are really getting any synergy with this build as far as I can see...

Thanks for any recommendations.

In fact, you might toss recommendations for all 3 spheres for us who are new to this eTR thing...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyntina View Post
    I watched the whole video series and played the build to level 30 (and recommended it to a couple guildies), and I must say I really enjoyed it!

I was wondering if you'd be willing to add a section for recommended non-raid gear to the build for those of us who don't really raid (similar to the one you did for Gingerspyce's build). It would be really helpful!
    Hey Cyntina, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the build, ty for commenting! I put together a quick list of non-raid items in the OP. It's note exhaustive, but it's a pretty good list to give newer players some ideas. I also can't emphasize enough that random gen loot is awesome now, and can be substituted for a lot of the gear

Quote Originally Posted by CaptEHCJ1 View Post
    What did you run in for your 3 lives in the Martial Sphere. I am looking at all 3 and none are really getting any synergy with this build as far as I can see...

Thanks for any recommendations.

In fact, you might toss recommendations for all 3 spheres for us who are new to this eTR thing...

Thanks!
    I speak about martial destinies very briefly at the 4:05 mark of Voodu Warlock ep. 25: Level 26 How to Solo EE Crucible, but you're right, there isn't really a good martial destiny to run in for this build imo. The good news is that it's so surviveable and warlock in general is so strong that it's not really a problem to plow through a martial epl

Community Member

Hey Cyntina, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the build, ty for commenting! I put together a quick list of non-raid items in the OP. It's note exhaustive, but it's a pretty good list to give newer players some ideas. I also can't emphasize enough that random gen loot is awesome now, and can be substituted for a lot of the gear
    Awesome, I'll be sure to keep your recommendations in mind. Thanks!

Default Finally!

This seems to be what my Warlock is missing. He simply SOAKS up the damage. Even with 1400 HP, he simply gets knocked around too much.

I am quite happy to have run across this thread. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    This seems to be what my Warlock is missing. He simply SOAKS up the damage. Even with 1400 HP, he simply gets knocked around too much.

I am quite happy to have run across this thread. Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you enjoy it!

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast