Default Attack spped: SWF twitch vs TWF

Dear forumites,

I was wondering if someone had counted the APS of a twitching SWF. My suspicion is that it is not far behind the number of attacks with TWF, plus in addition it allows (encourages?) you to move around. I think it is well known that hit boxes and attack speed with TWF are a bit messed up while moving. Has someone checked it up?

Thanks!

Founder

The running swf animation attacks at the same speed as the standing still animation until you add alacrity. Standing swf gains 13% speed for every 10% alacrity. Running swf gains 17% attack rate for every 10% alacrity.

Twf I believe is about 10% per 10% standing but all melee styles get the 17% running but has the bad hit box.

So swf can gain significantly running. A 75% alacrity with haste boost running would get 2.27 x the attacks of 0 alacrity.

Twf with 80% offhand and 45% alacrity standing still will still get more attacks at about 2.61 x attacks of 0 alacrity swf.

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    The running swf animation attacks at the same speed as the standing still animation until you add alacrity. Standing swf gains 13% speed for every 10% alacrity. Running swf gains 17% attack rate for every 10% alacrity.

Twf I believe is about 10% per 10% standing but all melee styles get the 17% running but has the bad hit box.

So swf can gain significantly running. A 75% alacrity with haste boost running would get 2.27 x the attacks of 0 alacrity.

Twf with 80% offhand and 45% alacrity standing still will still get more attacks at about 2.61 x attacks of 0 alacrity swf.
    Thanks, that's pretty helpful! You are referring to main hand? This is the latest I found on it:

APS: 2.40|1.53 = 3.92 (main and off hand)

From this thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...es-Comparison?

I'm not sure those attack per second numbers are accurate. They likely include double strike.
    This is what I got for non-twitch. Nowhere near 3.1 aps.

SWF Attack Speed: 2.34
    ----------
    80 hits per 40 seconds unhasted SWF = 2.0
    100 hits per 42.6 seconds haste = 2.34
    56 hits per 20 seconds hasted + Speed Boost = 2.8

I haven't tested twitch but it is slightly faster.
    Reignbeautank - Argo Server.

If you have the Reignbeau character name on Argo server and want to trade it to me, please contact me.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    I'm not sure those attack per second numbers are accurate. They likely include double strike.
    This is what I got for non-twitch. Nowhere near 3.1 aps.

SWF Attack Speed: 2.34
    ----------
    80 hits per 40 seconds unhasted SWF = 2.0
    100 hits per 42.6 seconds haste = 2.34
    56 hits per 20 seconds hasted + Speed Boost = 2.8

I haven't tested twitch but it is slightly faster.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...tanding-still)

Your unhasted data is at 30 alacrity not 0 alacrity. Haste boost also has a 1 second delay before you start attacking so you only get 19 seconds.

So I get 89 * 1.975 = 175 attacks/min for standing at bab 27 alacrity 75
    87.5 * 2.275 = 199 attacks/min not twitching but holding down a movement key at bab 27 alacrity 75
    Of course haste boost isn't sustainable for a minute straight (even in LD you will have delays reboosting)....

So running and fully boosted with swf you attack 13.7% faster.
    Last edited by maddong; 10-11-2015 at 08:05 PM.