Community Member

Default Mouse locked on Arch Linux

I know this is not a supported OS but maybe some1 out there is having the same issue i have and may work out a fix. I usually alt+tab out of the game window (fullscreen windowed) but now my mouse cursor stays locked to the game window. I can hover over any other window i have open at that time but as soon as i click on it the cursor changes back it shape to the game cursor and registers the click as if it were ingame (character attacks even when other window is on top). It could be just related to linux or my window manager, just want to know if any1 out there is having this same issue.

I'll start by saying that I do not use the same distro that you do; but, I'll try to offer what information I have.

Quote Originally Posted by charleslecharles View Post
    I can hover over any other window i have open at that time but as soon as i click on it the cursor changes back it shape to the game cursor and registers the click as if it were ingame
    That sounds like a 'click-through' issue. You didn't say what window manager (wm) you're using, but from your description I would guess something Gnome based (again, I use a different wm so can't directly replicate what you're seeing). Gnome has been known to cause 'click-through' problem with some 3D games. Mention of it is made in the Arch wiki pages on gaming:
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...focus_in_GNOME

Hopefully that might give you a starting place to get more information.
    Sarlona: Gedov Stillcloak
    Current: Drow Rogue (2) / Wizard (11)
    Past: Ranger x4, Rogue x3, Wizard x2
    Goldfish left Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Community Member

I'm using MATE, gtk2 version and it was working fine a week ago. Probably something broken by an update since Arch is a rolling release and it does update oftten. Thanks for the link, gonna try some other wm and see what happens.

Community Member

Chaging desktop enviroments did nothing, downgrading wine did. If any1 runs into this problem jus try that.