Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boss Fight in Trials of the Archons

The boss fight in Trials of Archons is bloody tedious.

When I went toe-to-toe with the boss, I got all 0s or something, only later to find out that celestial had - to a lesser degree - Xy'zzy's DR.

I had to pull out an incomplete Green-steel longsword from my bank to even get damage numbers on her.

Another thing: the quest seems bugged, resetting every-single time you exist.

P.S. This was on Epic Hard, EE owned my face with the first mobs despite the fact my toon had about 150 PRR.
    The best techniques are pass on by the survivors

For that quest you need to find a good weapon and put an evil augment in it. Otherwise greensteel or a few lower-level weapons is all I can think of for that quest.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    For that quest you need to find a good weapon and put an evil augment in it. Otherwise greensteel or a few lower-level weapons is all I can think of for that quest.
    Was funny my first run through on my fighter I kept swapping weapons until I equipped my old Min2. Years later that bad boy still has its uses
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bennyson View Post

When I went toe-to-toe with the boss, I got all 0s or something, only later to find out that celestial had - to a lesser degree - Xy'zzy's DR.

I had to pull out an incomplete Green-steel longsword from my bank to even get damage numbers on her.

P.S. This was on Epic Hard, EE owned my face with the first mobs despite the fact my toon had about 150 PRR.

So you're complaining that the end boss in the top end game content has DR and you took a while to figure it out? Gosh, what a broken game! This game is too hard!

Also, if you're under 200 PRR in EE you are gonna get owned. It's Epic Elite for a reason.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by AlcoArgo View Post
    Also, if you're under 200 PRR in EE you are gonna get owned. It's Epic Elite for a reason.
    eh, I run around every life in EE with usually less than 100 PRR and don't get owned. if you have really good dps, self healing and play mindfully you can do fine. I will say this particular quest chain I have only run on heroic and it was solo so I can only assume its at least as rough from the Abishai element damage, in which PRR isn't going to help you there. maybe this life I will see for myself for sure.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

So you're complaining that the end boss in the top end game content has DR and you took a while to figure it out? Gosh, what a broken game! This game is too hard!

I've done Epic Elites before, but they weren't level 30 dungeons. This one was, and I got owned. Hard.

And how in the Nine Hells am I going to get 200+ PRR? Is there some magic number am missing?

Also, when did I say that the game was broken or too hard?
    The best techniques are pass on by the survivors

Community Member

Hi,

I use Celestias to bypass her DR. There are other options too, as the other posters mentioned.

I don't really know what to say in reply to this PRR comment, other than it's totally wrong, even for melee builds. I hope that it is intended as a joke.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 10-05-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Invite an artificer to your group-problem solved
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

As already stated, all you need for her is a weapon that has evil damage type.

What might be confusing is that you will still see yellow numbers. That's because she has PRR on top of the DR.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

There are a few useful options through Cannith crafting. Aligned, lawful outsider bane, with a red augment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post

What might be confusing is that you will still see yellow numbers. That's because she has PRR on top of the DR.
    Celestias break her DR as long as you have nothing running that breaks Celestia.

Quote Originally Posted by Basura_Grande View Post
    Celestias break her DR as long as you have nothing running that breaks Celestia.
    Yes, although I always find it weird to refer to celestia as "DR breaking". It is light damage. MRR and light resistances apply to that (not for this boss, but in general).
    On that note - she also takes full force damage.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post

Canith crafting does not specifically include an Evil damage shard but it does include Unholy. Would that work?
    Short Fat Bald Guys of Khyber: Zyp, Klod, and a bunch of mules...

Xyzzy's DR should be much harder to deal with than any of the Archons - the Archons have a weakness you can break through.

I assume you meant exit - do you mean you left and immediately re-entered, but it didn't say the quest was still running?

Quests without anyone in them do automatically reset after about 5 minutes.

Community Member

The Quest resetting has also happened to me on at least 2 occassions.

I've died in the final fight while running the quest solo, released and returned to the quest well within 5 minutes, and the quest portal shows that it has reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycurgus View Post
    There are a few useful options through Cannith crafting. Aligned, lawful outsider bane, with a red augment.
    Finally I have a use for the something-longsword of the Destroyer my main has had for years!
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

"You're a Jedi, Harry"

- Gandelf

I've done Epic Elites before, but they weren't level 30 dungeons. This one was, and I got owned. Hard.

And how in the Nine Hells am I going to get 200+ PRR? Is there some magic number am missing?

Also, when did I say that the game was broken or too hard?
    The person who said you need 200prr was just making stuff up. 200prr is excessive at every level of play. The only reason to get 200prr is because you think its fun getting lots of prr. Typically, if you're on a melee, I feel like 80 prr is adequate ee, up to 130 prr is good if you're not putting a lot of effort into it, and anything more than that is excessive.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Xyzzy's DR should be much harder to deal with than any of the Archons - the Archons have a weakness you can break through.

I assume you meant exit - do you mean you left and immediately re-entered, but it didn't say the quest was still running?

It resets immediately for me. With no one else in the quest, simulate a client crash by disconnecting your network, quitting the app, reconnecting your network, and restarting the client. You will end up outside the quest. This is particularly annoying on the Mac client, since this is how we clear the opaque walls bug. If that problem happens in this particular quest, it cannot be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post

All of these U27 quests immediately reset upon exit. Not 5 minutes. It's right away. If no one is in the instance, you're done. Very annoying!!
    Krackle (Cannith), Theoman (Cannith)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast