Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fresh Start Static Group

I am looking to start a Static Group for the purpose of playing through the content with friends.
    My intent is a group that only plays together. We raise our toons together and experience as much of the content as we possibly can.
    I am a sub and have all the content. It would be nice to have a group of subs but I understand everyone cannot afford that.
    If somebody is dedicated to meeting with us I am fine with only covering the content that possess.

I am also open to the rules we'll use although I do prefer to rely on gear that we find together. That will give us a sense of group identity and working towards our joint success.
    I work during the week from 7am to 5pm.
    My weekly free time is after 6pm CST. I am available anytime on weekends

I can create toons on any server from levels 1, 4, 7 and 15. I would prefer to start at 1 or 4 and progress to 20. We can decide at that point if we want to cover epic content or TR.

Please let me know of any interest. I would like to start as soon as we can get 4 players but we could start with as few as 3.

We will not twink our starting toons beyond the gear granted to lvl 4 veteran character gear.
    Account was hacked. So none of the characters that were listed here can be trusted...not even me.
    Gah...I can't trust myself now...
    Hi! Welcome.

I like the idea of no auctions, vendor, etc gear, only what we find. Been playing in a group like that and it gets hard, especially for the rogue, at upper levels, but you work it out. The first question someone will ask is: "What about collectibles?" For me, collectibles are in-game finds and you can trade them in for potions or minor augments.

I am premium, do not have everything, especially the high end stuff. Only 3 low level packs I don't have (Sharn, Catacombs, Tangleroot).

My time zone is EST; I am usually home by 6 and available around 7:00/7:30. I am available a few days during the week, but not Wednesday (work late). I play with other static groups of folk I consider friends after so much time spent together. Looking for a new group of the same.

Being an old timer (PnP player), I prefer a group of fairly level headed folk that don't whine, curse or spit too much. It is a game, so have fun, but don't do it at others expense, and keep the drama to yourself.

I would like to try something I haven't played a lot of. I have played Rangers, Paladins, Clerics, both Wiz and Sorc. I may want to try a Bard again, as the last one I played was not done very well and I didn't enjoy it much. Maybe this time would be better. I would also consider Druid. If you want to stick to more traditional roles then mine would be Ranger, Paladin, Cleric.

I would be interested in joining. I already play with a static group on Thursday and Sunday so those nights are no good for me. What are you thinking for day, time and server? Are ship buffs allowed? If so I have a high level ship on Argo, if not I'm fine with no ship buffs.
    Eternal Champions of Argo

I have not considered character limitations. I think, regardless of what we wind up doing, you should play what you enjoy. If you'd like to play a Bard I say go for it and enjoy it.
    As for collectibles I see no problem with using the items you glean from collecting them. I think that's a natural part of the game.
    Ship Buffs are, to be quite honest, game breaking. That said I would have absolutely no problem with the group buying their own ship and using any buffs that ship was able to maintain.

In order to use another ship's buffs we'd have to rely on a guild or wealthy player. I don't really want to have that reliance in the static group that I play in.
    If we have our own ship and our own guild we can make our rules how we choose. Only the people in the static group would have a say in it. That is much more appealing to me.

The server choice and play time, again are up in the air until we have a group. The three of us could be the group if we choose but, again, I would prefer 4.
    So if you know 1 more person that would be fantastic.

I work weekdays until 5pm CST and could play around 6pm CST or anytime after. I normally stay up till 11 or 12 each night. Weekends are completely open right now.
    I'm pretty easy on times I am just unavailable during the day on weekdays.

So if you all have a preference let me know. Since we are not twinking our starting toons it really does not matter to me which server we play on.
    I would almost like to choose a server none of us has toons on so we can insure we are not tempted by our other toons goodies.
    The whole idea is teamwork to succeed together.

What do you both think?
    Account was hacked. So none of the characters that were listed here can be trusted...not even me.
    Hi! Welcome.

I have toons on Argo and Thelanis, so any other server would be fine with me.Best time for me would be 8 est until 11 ish Monday , Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm ok with Friday or Saturday but are more likely to miss a night here or there. Starting a guild from scratch is fine with me.

What days and what server are you planning on starting this group? I'm also able to start 6pm cst on weekdays. I'm currentlylin a static group that meets tues/wed nights but the group is faltering a bit. I could see if the others might be interested in starting fresh with this group. Also, might list who is interested in playing what class/ role? I like playing rogues and barbarians but am open to whatever.

Ashur

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Perhaps

Wayfinder would be a good place to start this group?

All start fresh with no shared bank items?

BTW its a great solo challenge to start on Wayfinder with no loot and use what you get to L20. Why not do the same with a static group?

I am fine with Wayfinder.
    We have discussed that and our intent was to start with the gear you get for a lvl 4 toon only. The idea behind a fresh start was no help from other toons and no help from an established guild.
    We have to rely on each other.

Right now we have 2 people that can play around 6pm CST, 1 person that can play around 8pm EST...which I have no clue what that is CST.

And a couple of people asking what days times etc.

I'm proposing we play on Mondays at 6pm CST. That we create toons on Wayfinder at level 4 if that is suitable to everyone.
    As for class etc I really don't care. The game does not really require a well balanced party as far as class is concerned and well built toons are what really matters.

My intent for toon is a combination of Rogue / Arty / Ranger. I will be a halfling great crossbow wielder. For all intents and purposes I'll be a rogue that is ranged primarily.
    I've solo'd most content with this class at elite and feel comfortable with it. My intent is to experience content more than a new class.

If you want to play a rogue by all means play one. If you want to play multiclass by all means play one. If we wind up with 5 rogues I don't mind at all.
    Try to be self sufficient as much as possible so we don't NEED any particular class and it's a non-issue. Play what sounds like fun to you.

I can say right now when that really fancy schmancy melee weapon drops I have no interest, same for med/heav armors.
    If a great crossbow of godliness drops yes I'm going to be giving it the big eye

If the time/day proposed does not work for you please sing out and we'll look at other times/days. I made a choice because nobody else was suggesting anything.
    So give me an idea of who is interested seriously and we'll begin hammering out our plans. Think about the character you'd like to play and we'll get those made on Wayfinder.

If we can decide quickly enough I'm up for knocking out Korthos on Monday October 5th. If it takes us a bit longer to decide what we want we can go for the following week or another day.

Look forward to hearing from you all and getting this going.
    Hi! Welcome.

Monday works for me. If possible could we start at 8EST? That's 7 your time. I will have a toon at Lvl 4 ready to go. I will PM you the toons name when I make one.

I don't have a problem with 7pm CST.

As long as your toon is brand new made at level 4 that works great.
    No exp other than the solo quests.

Which by the way I see no problem running those 3 solo quests in harbor for enough to buy bolts, arrows, whatever you need to start with.

Everyone okay with that idea? Should net a couple hundred plat from those.
    Hi! Welcome.

How do you feel about going to cap? If we are going to cap I will start an iconic at lvl 4.

Again I say folks should play what they want. If you want to play the most broken Bladeforged you can make with the gear we have at level 4 I say go for it. If you want to play something else go for it I don't care what class you are. I just want a group of levels 4s to start out, play together and do as much content as we can together and see what we can accomplish. I want us to have a lot of fun on the way so make what will be fun for you.
    I have 2 characters made ready to go so I can pick the one I like better when we start.

All that being said if you are going to make a character with 15 levels of experience you'll be waiting a long time to take those levels. I am not playing iconic and the whole point is us staying together for everything.
    So hold your levels until everyone can take a level then you can take that 1 level with us.
    Playing that way it would not matter if you were iconic or not.

Sound good?
    Hi! Welcome.

As per your question about going to cap. I will not be able to answer that until 20.
    In my first post I had mentioned if we, as a group, actually get to 20 we can decide at that point if we'd like to continue into epic content or TR.

Either choice is fine with me. I have not seen the epic content so that would appeal to me and if we enjoy each other enough to TR our toons together I'd say the group was a success regardless.
    So either really.

But again I wont know one way or the other until we reach 20.
    Hi! Welcome.

If you have not already got things rolling, this sounds right up my alley. I'm new(ish) to the game, but have managed to play through 2 TRs and working on an ITR now with my main character.

I'd love to have a static group to work with and build up my character like in the PnP days.

Canuck we have plenty of room and right now I've only got 1 potential definite. We are looking at making toons on Wayfinder. Start at level 4 and you can do the solo quests prior to starting with us for some spending plat. Those 3 quests in harbor that are solo only are what I refer to.

Once we have enough definite folks to form a reasonable party we'll start.

We are looking at Mondays starting around 7pm CST.
    That time frame is negotiable because I don't have definite commitment from those that needed it.
    Until people tell me DEFINITELY they will commit to us everything is negotiable.

I've made 2 toons on Wayfinder. I'll be playing a rogue/ranger/artificer. I have not decided yet on halfling or warforged. Primarily a rogue ranged toon.

Play anything you would like. We plan to go to 20 and decide at that point if we want to cap or TR. That's a decision for another day because lvl 20 is a LONG way off for a Static Group.

Let me know if you'd like a definite spot.

Please everyone let me know if you want a definite spot so I can plan around available group space.
    We do not have enough definites yet to start on Monday October 5th so I'm looking at next Monday or after at this point.

So let me know if you'd like a spot and we'll get it moving.
    Hi! Welcome.

Monday's at 7 CST works for me. I have a level 4 barbarian ready to go.

Cool Unconditional in

Definitely in. Mon 7CST works for me. I live in MST (so one hour earlier) so as long as you don't end up much earlier than that on a week day i'm game. Weekends are open should we need to work out other times.

Rolled a 4 ranger, PMd you the name. If I change my mind on class btw now and full group (because everyone wants to try the new ranger dps or be a RNG/ROG hybrid) I'll play a warlock or a monk. I'll make sure to have one of each ready to go so we end up with a good mix in the party. The solo quests don't take very long.

For the record - Not VIP, but I own all Adv packs including 28. I'm good for all content, but won't be opening it on elite for us.

Thanks... looking forward to it.
    Last edited by TheCanuck; 10-05-2015 at 01:07 PM.

I was in last night before 8 EST, asking around about a static group. Jumped out a little after 8 to check with some guildies and was back in about 8:20. Didn't see any indication there was a group forming.

Maybe next time we should have a set meeting spot, secret handshake or such

Rayco T'hal Bard 4

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    I was in last night before 8 EST, asking around about a static group. Jumped out a little after 8 to check with some guildies and was back in about 8:20. Didn't see any indication there was a group forming.

Maybe next time we should have a set meeting spot, secret handshake or such

Rayco T'hal Bard 4

I did see your msgs in general, while i was afk, but you were gone by the time I saw them.

If you take a look @ one of the last posts, you'll see:
    "Please everyone let me know if you want a definite spot so I can plan around available group space.
    We do not have enough definites yet to start on Monday October 5th so I'm looking at next Monday or after at this point."

that there weren't enough definite for us to get rolling. If you're committed to be there say something here. I think if we have 4 ppl, its worth starting. Three is a bit low, but i'm sure we'd still have a blast.

-TheCanuck

Me - Rogue/Rng/Arti - Whispergloom
    Vyder - Barb
    Canuck - Ranger
    Drowsword - Bard

That gives us a 4 person party and includes everyone that has said they definitely have interest.
    Let's shoot for October 12th at 7pm CST on Wayfinder.
    We'll meet at the docks in Harbor right next to Osgood's entrance. Just before the trainers by the water.

We can form our group and guild and decide which quests to run. I will have the solo content from harbor complete, please feel free to do so as well.
    We can start with Korthos to get a feel for the group and how we will work together.

I can open everything on elite as I'm sub so that's not an issue if we decide to run it all on elite. Honestly does not matter to me.

Look forward to seeing everyone Monday the 12th and lets run as much as we can and see how it goes!

I will hop in 5 min early so you can find me.

Whispergloom
    Hi! Welcome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast