Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fresh Start Static Group

I am looking to start a Static Group for the purpose of playing through the content with friends.
    My intent is a group that only plays together. We raise our toons together and experience as much of the content as we possibly can.
    I am a sub and have all the content. It would be nice to have a group of subs but I understand everyone cannot afford that.
    If somebody is dedicated to meeting with us I am fine with only covering the content that possess.

I am also open to the rules we'll use although I do prefer to rely on gear that we find together. That will give us a sense of group identity and working towards our joint success.
    I work during the week from 7am to 5pm.
    My weekly free time is after 6pm CST. I am available anytime on weekends

I can create toons on any server from levels 1, 4, 7 and 15. I would prefer to start at 1 or 4 and progress to 20. We can decide at that point if we want to cover epic content or TR.

Please let me know of any interest. I would like to start as soon as we can get 4 players but we could start with as few as 3.

We will not twink our starting toons beyond the gear granted to lvl 4 veteran character gear.
    Account was hacked. So none of the characters that were listed here can be trusted...not even me.
    Gah...I can't trust myself now...
    Hi! Welcome.

I like the idea of no auctions, vendor, etc gear, only what we find. Been playing in a group like that and it gets hard, especially for the rogue, at upper levels, but you work it out. The first question someone will ask is: "What about collectibles?" For me, collectibles are in-game finds and you can trade them in for potions or minor augments.

I am premium, do not have everything, especially the high end stuff. Only 3 low level packs I don't have (Sharn, Catacombs, Tangleroot).

My time zone is EST; I am usually home by 6 and available around 7:00/7:30. I am available a few days during the week, but not Wednesday (work late). I play with other static groups of folk I consider friends after so much time spent together. Looking for a new group of the same.

Being an old timer (PnP player), I prefer a group of fairly level headed folk that don't whine, curse or spit too much. It is a game, so have fun, but don't do it at others expense, and keep the drama to yourself.

I would like to try something I haven't played a lot of. I have played Rangers, Paladins, Clerics, both Wiz and Sorc. I may want to try a Bard again, as the last one I played was not done very well and I didn't enjoy it much. Maybe this time would be better. I would also consider Druid. If you want to stick to more traditional roles then mine would be Ranger, Paladin, Cleric.

I would be interested in joining. I already play with a static group on Thursday and Sunday so those nights are no good for me. What are you thinking for day, time and server? Are ship buffs allowed? If so I have a high level ship on Argo, if not I'm fine with no ship buffs.
    Eternal Champions of Argo

I have not considered character limitations. I think, regardless of what we wind up doing, you should play what you enjoy. If you'd like to play a Bard I say go for it and enjoy it.
    As for collectibles I see no problem with using the items you glean from collecting them. I think that's a natural part of the game.
    Ship Buffs are, to be quite honest, game breaking. That said I would have absolutely no problem with the group buying their own ship and using any buffs that ship was able to maintain.

In order to use another ship's buffs we'd have to rely on a guild or wealthy player. I don't really want to have that reliance in the static group that I play in.
    If we have our own ship and our own guild we can make our rules how we choose. Only the people in the static group would have a say in it. That is much more appealing to me.

The server choice and play time, again are up in the air until we have a group. The three of us could be the group if we choose but, again, I would prefer 4.
    So if you know 1 more person that would be fantastic.

I work weekdays until 5pm CST and could play around 6pm CST or anytime after. I normally stay up till 11 or 12 each night. Weekends are completely open right now.
    I'm pretty easy on times I am just unavailable during the day on weekdays.

So if you all have a preference let me know. Since we are not twinking our starting toons it really does not matter to me which server we play on.
    I would almost like to choose a server none of us has toons on so we can insure we are not tempted by our other toons goodies.
    The whole idea is teamwork to succeed together.

What do you both think?
    Account was hacked. So none of the characters that were listed here can be trusted...not even me.
    Hi! Welcome.

I have toons on Argo and Thelanis, so any other server would be fine with me.Best time for me would be 8 est until 11 ish Monday , Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm ok with Friday or Saturday but are more likely to miss a night here or there. Starting a guild from scratch is fine with me.
    Eternal Champions of Argo

What days and what server are you planning on starting this group? I'm also able to start 6pm cst on weekdays. I'm currentlylin a static group that meets tues/wed nights but the group is faltering a bit. I could see if the others might be interested in starting fresh with this group. Also, might list who is interested in playing what class/ role? I like playing rogues and barbarians but am open to whatever.

Ashur

I was in last night before 8 EST, asking around about a static group. Jumped out a little after 8 to check with some guildies and was back in about 8:20. Didn't see any indication there was a group forming.

Maybe next time we should have a set meeting spot, secret handshake or such

Rayco T'hal Bard 4

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    I was in last night before 8 EST, asking around about a static group. Jumped out a little after 8 to check with some guildies and was back in about 8:20. Didn't see any indication there was a group forming.

Maybe next time we should have a set meeting spot, secret handshake or such

Rayco T'hal Bard 4

I did see your msgs in general, while i was afk, but you were gone by the time I saw them.

If you take a look @ one of the last posts, you'll see:
    "Please everyone let me know if you want a definite spot so I can plan around available group space.
    We do not have enough definites yet to start on Monday October 5th so I'm looking at next Monday or after at this point."

that there weren't enough definite for us to get rolling. If you're committed to be there say something here. I think if we have 4 ppl, its worth starting. Three is a bit low, but i'm sure we'd still have a blast.

-TheCanuck

Me - Rogue/Rng/Arti - Whispergloom
    Vyder - Barb
    Canuck - Ranger
    Drowsword - Bard

That gives us a 4 person party and includes everyone that has said they definitely have interest.
    Let's shoot for October 12th at 7pm CST on Wayfinder.
    We'll meet at the docks in Harbor right next to Osgood's entrance. Just before the trainers by the water.

We can form our group and guild and decide which quests to run. I will have the solo content from harbor complete, please feel free to do so as well.
    We can start with Korthos to get a feel for the group and how we will work together.

I can open everything on elite as I'm sub so that's not an issue if we decide to run it all on elite. Honestly does not matter to me.

Look forward to seeing everyone Monday the 12th and lets run as much as we can and see how it goes!

I will hop in 5 min early so you can find me.

Whispergloom
    Hi! Welcome.

Community Member

Default interested

I would be interested in joining but would not be able to log in until about 7:30'ish pm. Let me know if that's ok...
    ]

Folks I'm in Game now. Just give me a hollar on Whispergloom.

Yeehaw I don't see any problem with that. Is 730 going to be the earliest you can ever get in or just tonight?
    Let us know in chat when you hop in.
    Level 4 toon. You can have starting gear for the Veteran lvl 4 toon and do the solo quests in harbor for spending plat.
    We have a barb, ranger, bard, and rogue/splash so far. Play what you enjoy.

Hope to see you tonight. Our regular scheduled time will be 7pm Monday nights unless something changes.
    If you commit to us and everyone agrees I don't see a problem with starting at 730.
    Hi! Welcome.

Community Member

Default Want a healer?

Hey I'd like to play in a static group. I can play just about whenever.

I prefer playing a healer-type of role.

I have all packs and am VIP.

Community Member

Default any openings ?

I would be interested in joining u guys if u still have room

Guys at this point we have 3 regulars and maybe 4 others who have expressed interest. One of those people has made a character and joined the guild.
    What it boils down to is who shows up.
    Tonight at 7pm we'll form a group and start questing. It's first come first serve.
    If I am late I would expect the folks to fill my spot with any interested party member in the guild that follows the static rules we've all agreed to play by in the guild.

If there is enough demand I have nothing against forming a 2nd group. We started with just 3 people and had a blast our first few nights together.

So we'll see how tonight goes.

We are finished with all level 3 quests on elite and will be starting some chains and lvl 4 quests tonight.
    7pm Wayfinder Look forward to seeing everyone that shows up.
    If we have more than a group we'll figure something out.
    Hi! Welcome.

Community Member

Default time zone

What time zone are u in.. I would like to join u tonight.. looks like u need a healer

Default time zone

7 pm CST (That is 8pm EST or 6pm MST or 5pm PST)