Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Balizarde is a nice complement to any TWF build if you have one banked away: useful static bonuses, keen so you don't need IC:Pierce, 15-20/x3 becomes 13-20/x4 with Holy Sword or rgr crit bonuses which puts it on par with drow khopesh.
    I would definitely take Balizarde over a drow khopesh. I didn't mention it because I don't have that option for my character, although I should have mentioned it as a qualifier. This is the same character that was Totally Bass Ackwards, so I'm stuck with a Mornh that I'll likely never use. I turned in my raider's reward box for Mornh while the character was at level 22. Then the rogue pass came and he got put on the back burner. So I never actually used Mornh and now probably never will lol.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Yeah, I've learned not to cash in my Raider's Boxes until I'm lvl 23+ and ready to use them so I waste fewer of them that way.

I'm thinking you could spec this particular char for, say, Mornh (15-20/x4) + Oathblade (13-20/x3) until you farm up your TF khopeshes; or maybe TF khop + ToEE khop for the set bonus? Take IC:Blunt and hold off on khops until you finish your gear.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Yeah, I've learned not to cash in my Raider's Boxes until I'm lvl 23+ and ready to use them so I waste fewer of them that way.
    I thought I had learned that lesson before, but apparently not. At the time, I also had no idea the ranger pass was to follow the rogue pass. Oh well. Lesson learned... again.

I'm thinking you could spec this particular char for, say, Mornh (15-20/x4) + Oathblade (13-20/x3) until you farm up your TF khopeshes; or maybe TF khop + ToEE khop for the set bonus? Take IC:Blunt and hold off on khops until you finish your gear.
    I actually already have a TF khopesh. This character was originally my SWF paladin and I used khopeshes on him then. So I've got some nice ones from that life already. I'm not too far from the ToEE khopesh either, only a few mats away. What I don't have is the ToEE light armor. That will probably be the thing that holds me up the most. The sad part is, I sold a set of ToEE light armor on the shard house just a few months ago because I thought I'd never use it. Not the first time I've done something like that either. It's a fine line between hoarding and inventory management. Oh well. Lesson learned... again.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    The sad part is, I sold a set of ToEE light armor on the shard house just a few months ago because I thought I'd never use it. Not the first time I've done something like that either. It's a fine line between hoarding and inventory management. Oh well. Lesson learned... again.
    Let's just say I may have more bank alts than playable chars at the moment.

In short: NO idea what you're talking about, man.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Well, yes, I suppose if you happen to have two fully upgraded Balizardes and a couple of Meteoric Star Rubies burning a hole in your bagspace, go for it. Not everyone is that fortunate, though.

Although if you do have a bunch of MSRs or Ruby Eyes to burn, another option would be a pair of Axe of Adaxus fitted with two gems each. These become 17-20/x5 weapons with rgr bonuses (17-18/x5 19-20/x8 in LD). Balizarde and drow khopesh are still ahead on effective hits, but those should be some awe-inspiring crits.
    I am not clear on the math, but as far as I'm aware, double the gems does not double the proc rate. You would get a proc chance per blade, and that is it.. Buuuut.. there are a LOT of different augments.. you cold put righteous and force along side the star and I'm sure it would just be insane. I have a Dual pair of EE Adaxas waiting for my Ranger to get up to lvl for em... but gotta wait till the weekend to do the slayers for it.

Community Member

In your gear list you have in your main hand a war hammer. Is this intentional? I'm guessing maybe not, but then I was also thinking maybe I'd TR my war hammer wielding barb into a ranger for fun. Of course would have to spec for bludgeoning. Guess I'd probably also want to go LD as well though. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by LargoKeyWest View Post
    I am not clear on the math, but as far as I'm aware, double the gems does not double the proc rate. You would get a proc chance per blade, and that is it.. Buuuut.. there are a LOT of different augments.. you cold put righteous and force along side the star and I'm sure it would just be insane. I have a Dual pair of EE Adaxas waiting for my Ranger to get up to lvl for em... but gotta wait till the weekend to do the slayers for it.
    I believe unbongwah meant slotting two different rubies in the same weapon (e.g. meteoric star ruby and ruby eye of the tempest).

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    In your gear list you have in your main hand a war hammer. Is this intentional? I'm guessing maybe not, but then I was also thinking maybe I'd TR my war hammer wielding barb into a ranger for fun. Of course would have to spec for bludgeoning. Guess I'd probably also want to go LD as well though. Thoughts?
    Whoops! Just a copy/paste error. Thanks for catching it. This character was Totally Bass Ackwards (link in my sig), a heavy armored, dual warhammer wielding pure tempest before the enhancement pass. I used that build template to transform it into this one, and must have missed changing that weapon. The revamp really put a nail in the coffin of that build. I would not go int based or heavy armor anymore. Warhammers, however, are a viable option, and the better one if you plan to run in dreadnaught. In dreadnaught, warhammers end up with the same crit profile as khopeshes (due to pulverizer), thus saving you a feat, and you get anvil of thunder which stuns mobs on a crit. Overall, though, I think khopeshes in divine crusader is the superior choice (better crit profile, much better self healing, and, at the very least, comparable dps).

EDIT: Khopesh is the better option in dreadnaught as well. See Eth's post below for why.
    Last edited by CThruTheEgo; 10-02-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Warhammers, however, are a viable option, and the better one if you plan to run in dreadnaught. In dreadnaught, warhammers end up with the same crit profile as khopeshes (due to pulverizer), thus saving you a feat, and you get anvil of thunder which stuns mobs on a crit.
    No, pulverizer is still competence and doesn't stack with the "advanced sneak attack" crit. range increase.
    Khopesh in Dreadnaught is 15-20 x4, Warhammer is only 17-20 x4.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    No, pulverizer is still competence and doesn't stack with the "advanced sneak attack" crit. range increase.
    Khopesh in Dreadnaught is 15-20 x4, Warhammer is only 17-20 x4.
    Ah right. So khopesh regardless of destiny then.

Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply. My kopesh owning toon is currently a shelved monkcher. I really want to take him out of the dustbin, but can't find a compelling reason to play him over my mech. Though maybe I'll go pure ranger on him next or maybe I'll turn him into a dual wielder again. He was originally an old exploiter build ranger/rogue/monk. Arrrggghhh choices......lol

Overall, though, I think khopeshes in divine crusader is the superior choice (better crit profile, much better self healing, and, at the very least, comparable dps).
    If you're planning on DC, heavy picks are a worthwhile alternative to khopeshes:
    • khopesh: 19-20/x3 base -> 18-20/x4 rgr bonuses -> 17-20/x4 Celestial Champion -> 13-20/x4 IC:Slash -> 13-18/x4 19-20/x5 Overwhelming Crit = 45 effective hits (presuming 95% hit chance)
    • hvy pick: 20/x4 base -> 19-20/x5 rgr bonuses -> 18-20/x5 Celestial Champion -> 15-20/x5 IC:Pierce -> 15-18/x5 19-20/x6 OC = 45 effective hits

Same effective hits, but save yourself a feat and IC:P will apply to Celestia as well if you have them. [Does anyone know if rgr / Tempest breaks Celestia light DR?] Downside to picks is since khops crit more often, you gain more DPS from proc-on-crit TF effects like Dragon's Edge etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbIe View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. My kopesh owning toon is currently a shelved monkcher. I really want to take him out of the dustbin, but can't find a compelling reason to play him over my mech. Though maybe I'll go pure ranger on him next or maybe I'll turn him into a dual wielder again. He was originally an old exploiter build ranger/rogue/monk. Arrrggghhh choices......lol
    I think the general consensus on pure vs multiclass rangers is, if you intend to stay at cap, go pure. The tempest capstone is a solid choice. But if you're just going for a past life, or maybe even an epic past life farming build, multiclassing for trap skills is a good option for the utility and extra xp. It just depends on your priorities.

If you're planning on DC, heavy picks are a worthwhile alternative to khopeshes:
    • khopesh: 19-20/x3 base -> 18-20/x4 rgr bonuses -> 17-20/x4 Celestial Champion -> 13-20/x4 IC:Slash -> 13-18/x4 19-20/x5 Overwhelming Crit = 45 effective hits (presuming 95% hit chance)
    • hvy pick: 20/x4 base -> 19-20/x5 rgr bonuses -> 18-20/x5 Celestial Champion -> 15-20/x5 IC:Pierce -> 15-18/x5 19-20/x6 OC = 45 effective hits

Same effective hits, but save yourself a feat and IC:P will apply to Celestia as well if you have them. [Does anyone know if rgr / Tempest breaks Celestia light DR?] Downside to picks is since khops crit more often, you gain more DPS from proc-on-crit TF effects like Dragon's Edge etc.
    Good point about picks. I'd say since rangers are not feat starved in the least, I'd favor the greater crit frequency of khopeshes for proc effects personally. There's also a minor difference in base damage which favors khopesh: d8 vs d6.

No idea about ranger breaking Celestia.

A possibly good alternative to Greensteel for leveling would be the Water Khopeshes from the Cannith Challenges, upgrade them to Tier 2 so they stay BTA and then that way once you reach level 20 they can be moved to a mule for safe keeping

Stoner81.

PS - Nice build dude, you got some really cool ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    A possibly good alternative to Greensteel for leveling would be the Water Khopeshes from the Cannith Challenges, upgrade them to Tier 2 so they stay BTA and then that way once you reach level 20 they can be moved to a mule for safe keeping
    Those are definitely a solid choice, and potentially more accessible to a player who doesn't already have a bunch of Shroud ingredients.

PS - Nice build dude, you got some really cool ideas
    Thanks! I certainly can't take all the credit. I get a lot of help from the community with all my builds.

Among non-raid heroic options, I also like Hooked Blade, upgraded with either Bloody or Destructive. Bleeding Edge looks even better; the aug slots let you add Devotion, cold iron, and/or silver. I also bought a pair of HE Ironwood khops recently, so looking forward to using them at some point.

Talking I liked that build

For me, I like a bit more defensive.

My current build with feats
    Dodge
    Khopesh
    Power attack
    Stunning Blow
    IC: Slashing
    Maximize
    Two Weapon Defense(mobility work fine too)
    Toughness
    Overwhelming Critical
    Epic Toughness
    Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    Epic Damage reduction
    Elusive Target

this get more PRR: 15(feat)+ 10(Improved Parry)= 25+ others bonus
    in enhancements i take :Mark of the Hunted to bypass an additional 10% Fortification
    epic black dragon armor:Armor-Piercing - 20%,Relentless Fury

Main hand: Thunder-Forged Khopesh (Blinding Fear,Paralyzing Fear,Mortal Fear)
    OffHand : Thunder-Forged Khopesh (1st Degree Burns,Paralyzing Fear,Mortal Fear)

This has a powerfull combo with:
    Twists :balanced attacks

That my build I no get tree of Harper Agent.
    But I get power attack + Mark of the Hunted passive and click.
    And with 2 cc without save
    Last edited by sjbb87; 10-03-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sjbb87 View Post
    For me, I like a bit more defensive.

My current build with feats
    Dodge
    Khopesh
    Power attack
    Stunning Blow
    IC: Slashing
    Maximize
    Two Weapon Defense(mobility work fine too)
    Toughness
    Overwhelming Critical
    Epic Toughness
    Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    Epic Damage reduction
    Elusive Target

this get more PRR: 15(feat)+ 10(Improved Parry)= 25+ others bonus
    I take epic damage reduction as well, so you've got 15 PRR over my build. Once I got over 100 PRR, I felt like the damage mitigation was decent, but the damage avoidance was way too low. That's why I opted for mobility over two weapon defense and improved dodge over improved parry. But if you're not investing in harper, then you could afford both improved dodge and improved parry, though with lower dps.

I think trading mobility/spring attack for toughness/epic toughness might be a worthwhile trade. But I don't see two weapon defense as worth it. Once you get over 100 PRR, two weapon defense is adding about 1% damage mitigation, which seems pretty low for a whole feat imo. However, the same could be said about mobility/spring attack once you get your miss chance up high enough. In an effort to find the right balance, I chose damage avoidance over mitigation because I felt like that was the area that needed more improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by sjbb87 View Post
    in enhancements i take :Mark of the Hunted to bypass an additional 10% Fortification
    epic black dragon armor:Armor-Piercing - 20%,Relentless Fury

Main hand: Thunder-Forged Khopesh (Blinding Fear,Paralyzing Fear,Mortal Fear)
    OffHand : Thunder-Forged Khopesh (1st Degree Burns,Paralyzing Fear,Mortal Fear)

This has a powerfull combo with:
    Twists :balanced attacks

That my build I no get tree of Harper Agent.
    But I get power attack + Mark of the Hunted passive and click.
    And with 2 cc without save
    With precision, advanced sneak attack (the 4th deepwood stalker core), and dragon's edge, I end up with a total of 70% fort bypass. I think that's a pretty good number for this build. Plus, I'd have to drop harper to be able to afford mark of the hunted, which would mean lower dps. With the black dragon armor, mark of the hunted, and advanced sneak attack, you should be at 40%. With one paralyzing fear weapon and balanced attacks, I would think you'd have enough CC effects that you could afford to go with dragon's edge on one weapon for 15% more fort bypass, plus the 69 average bleed damage on a crit. Losing the black dragon armor, however, means losing relentless fury...

Relentless fury is compelling, but I wonder how it compares to the +20 melee power from the ToEE set. Given the melee power of this build, I would think the set bonus would come out ahead.

Community Member

With the black dragon armor, mark of the hunted, and advanced sneak attack, you should be at 40%. With one paralyzing fear weapon and balanced attacks, I would think you'd have enough CC effects that you could afford to go with dragon's edge on one weapon for 15% more fort bypass, plus the 69 average bleed damage on a crit. Losing the black dragon armor, however, means losing relentless fury...

Relentless fury is compelling, but I wonder how it compares to the +20 melee power from the ToEE set. Given the melee power of this build, I would think the set bonus would come out ahead.
    Everything would be SO much more convenient if Black dragon and TF w/ dragons edge stacked...

Also.. did you forget you changed your alignment? The Epic Litany is going to bite you in the ass now .. Have you thought about a reconfigure for using Full Plate? I gotta say, I've gotten spoiled with the PRR of TF Full Plate
    Last edited by LargoKeyWest; 10-12-2015 at 04:27 AM.

Default Any reason not too

Updated for U28.

The Divine Cuisinart
    Human ranger 20
    Neutral good (for blessed blades, makes attacks do good damage, useful for current endgame)
    34 point build
    In-game name: Gardiun of Gnosis on Sarlona

135% OFFHAND
    Any reason not to run my double completionist as a dex version of this using TF/ToEE scims or rapiers? Not worried about finesse feat. Been running a lot of builds with 10 str and hit fine, except in level 31+ content.

Anything you'd change?

I'll probably ETR and run it as str build, but cores felt to strong to pass up.

What should I give up to slot completionist? Spring Attack? It's the only thing striking me, but I want all the dex and con I can squeeze in since I am not going strength.
    Last edited by adrian69; 10-17-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast