Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Dance of Death -> Exposing Strike -> Merciful Strike is a pretty cool combo, but you have to time it juuust right if you're trying to maximize the bonus dmg from Merciful Strike. EDIT: too soon and you get just the +3[W] atk; too late and you miss window of opportunity from Exposing Strike.

For archers, Manyshot -> Sniper Shot -> Merciful Shot is much the same.
    Yeah it's that "juuust right" that I simply don't want to bother with lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligraph View Post
    Yeah. It's not that hard to sneak attack, is it? you just need to not have agro?
    It's not that hard to know when you have sneak attack. As unbongwah said, it's more about knowing when you have just the right combination --> mobs are below 50% and you have sneak attack.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Community Member

Do you know if Shroud Portals are counted as bosses for Castigation (in Divine Crusader)?

Don't have it on Live and haven't had a chance to test it on Lam, but I've been able to down a kobold (orange named) in ~30s using it.
    Ligraph, Andonar and Inos on Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligraph View Post
    Do you know if Shroud Portals are counted as bosses for Castigation (in Divine Crusader)?

Don't have it on Live and haven't had a chance to test it on Lam, but I've been able to down a kobold (orange named) in ~30s using it.
    I don't know the answer to this and haven't been in Shroud to test it since you asked. Playtime has been pretty limited for me recently. I'll report back once I know, unless someone else beats me to it.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Community Member

Very nice build concept, just one question:

Would you consider viable to drop Tempest Capstone in order to splash 1 Fvs to gain divine might? You could easily gain a huge boost to STR and also a much higher Dire Charge DC. Then, since capstone is lost anyway, one more splash could offer some goodies for compensation (e.g. fighter for 1 feat etc). Like with INT, it would be easy to get a high charisma with little investment.
    Ghallanda Server - Razaghan [Melee FvS 12 / Ranger 6 / Mnk 2] - Ignicia [Sorc 18 / Pal 2]

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azaghan View Post
    Would you consider viable to drop Tempest Capstone in order to splash 1 Fvs to gain divine might? You could easily gain a huge boost to STR and also a much higher Dire Charge DC.
    No: the Tempest capstone is pretty powerful (+10 Melee Power, +25% offhand doublestrike); and Know the Angles is actually better than Div Might for TWF builds. [EDIT: except for Tempests w/Dual Perfection, in which case it's a tie.] And since you're getting a DC boost either way, Dire Charge is unaffected.

If you're looking into MCed rgr builds, it's about trading DPS for better survivability or more versatility, IMO, such as a rog splash for trap skills (Tempest Trapmonkey) or deep pally splash for defensive stance, Div Grace, etc. (original Noyellowbar).
    Last edited by unbongwah; 04-01-2016 at 08:32 AM.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaghan View Post
    Very nice build concept, just one question:

Would you consider viable to drop Tempest Capstone in order to splash 1 Fvs to gain divine might? You could easily gain a huge boost to STR and also a much higher Dire Charge DC. Then, since capstone is lost anyway, one more splash could offer some goodies for compensation (e.g. fighter for 1 feat etc). Like with INT, it would be easy to get a high charisma with little investment.
    The build already has know the angles from harper, which effectively does the exact same thing as divine might. So really, all you'd be doing is losing the capstone for no gain (maybe 1 feat from fighter, but that's not needed).

EDIT: Ninja'd by unbongwah! And yeah, I'd agree with him about what to splash and why.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910