Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    World Designer

Default U28 Items Official Discussion

This pack consists of 16 items from the 4 dungeons. There are 2 items from each of the dungeons that have a set bonus, and an overarching set bonus if you use 6 of those 8 set items.

All items should in the dojo chest.

Thanks for the new loot. A couple of bugs though.

They add different amounts for the set bonus. +1 to all stats isn't worth using. +2 to all stats might be for a DC caster, but not for a DPS who has to give up +24 mythic melee power.

This should also say Accuracy X, instead of Attack 10 which has a tooltip of +4.

Last edited by Infiltraitor; 09-16-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    Reignbeautank - Argo Server.

If you have the Reignbeau character name on Argo server and want to trade it to me, please contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    They add different amounts for the set bonus. +1 to all stats isn't worth using. +2 to all stats might be for a DC caster, but not for a DPS who has to give up +24 mythic melee power.

What I'm curious about is those have 2 different amounts for the devil's handiwork. Does that mean that each one grants a different stacking bonus when all 6 are equipped because if so holy frack I want to see them all.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Rogue Mechanic or Assassin. Depending on how I feel during the etr.
    Sereine De'Corenai Paladin. Because ETR.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Default A comment and question for the devs...

This thread shows all of the items, for those who want to see them and aren't on Lamannia.

Slice and Dice are both made of flametouched iron but don't list good among the damage types.

Is the set bonus from slice and dice +2 sneak attack damage or +2 sneak attack dice?

Thanks in advance.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Please tell me that the slice and dice leaves fries laying around the field like the ham barrel.

Please tell me the Return to sender is actually you throwing letters and not a dagger. Make it comically large, too if so.

Can you post a SS of what the docent looks like equipped.

Locked and Loaded? What's going on with that one?

And all these set bonuses:

A bunch of them are quality bonuses. Quality STR +2, Quality Con +2, and then the big 6 piece bonus that's quality +2 to all stats. Was it the plan to just override all the bonuses with that big set bonus because not everything gets overridden. I'm just asking you make the individual stats different bonuses so they stack easier.

Please continue the goofiness. I'm liking what I see just because it's fun.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Rogue Mechanic or Assassin. Depending on how I feel during the etr.
    Sereine De'Corenai Paladin. Because ETR.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

i dont really like the epic captains set.

add +11, 11, or 12 strength to the bracers and maybe ill change my mind. otherwise this set means sacrificing my trip dc for no str gain. even if the bracers had +10-12 str instead of +10 attack thats only +2-4 str and -17 trip dc. doesnt really seem like a fair trade.

the bracers and boots also dont really synergize well, especially given that the set bonus is +2 str. the bracers seem mainly intended to boost to hit, which isnt a hugely important stat, while the boots are really defensive. frankly i think the boots are the better item, but for a str build there more dps oriented boots to be worn instead.

if i equip only the bracers, i gain +2 str. if i equip the set, i have the same str i currently do. makes me wonder what the point of +2 quality str bonus is.
    You are but a lamb, ignorant of your own ignorance. You no longer interest me.

I've looked over the items and the set is pretty bad. Maybe level 24, tops.

Captain's Set
    There is nobody who would give up their healing amp slot for this.

Griffon's Set
    Give up my epic litany and 5 other slots for this set? That seeker +14 doesn't come anywhere near the +4 profane damage. Epic Lion's Mane is even worse.

Double Helix Set
    Both rings together doesn't beat a ToD level 18 ring from 4+ years and 23+ updates ago.

Slice and Dice Set
    Neither weapon is worth using at level 28. This was clearly meant to be a rogue item that isn't sufficient.

Suggested Set Changes: The items need their bonuses changed. The quality bonus from the individual sets do not stack with the quality bonuses in the large set. The 6 item set needs to be changed to alchemical bonus.

Ivy Helix
    The +6 resistance bonus is worse than a +8 blue augment that can be slotted in. The insight bonus is NEGATED by the riposte in the boots. This is actually a dead item. I recommend removing ALL the effects and simply putting "Tower of Despair: Incredible Potential" on it with a Green augment. You'll have people running TOD again and it will be a usable item.

Laurel Helix
    Slightly better than augments doesn't cut it at level 28. This isn't as dead as Ivy Helix but it is still really bad. It needs something to justify being level 28, like Speed XV or something instead of one of those augmentable effects.

EDIT: Mythics confirmed. This changes things slightly. This puts them in level 25-27 range in terms of power. Still not 28.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 09-16-2015 at 09:16 PM.

If you have the Reignbeau character name on Argo server and want to trade it to me, please contact me.

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    Ivy Helix
    The +6 resistance bonus is worse than a +8 blue augment that can be slotted in. The insight bonus is NEGATED by the riposte in the boots. This is actually a dead item. I recommend removing ALL the effects and simply putting "Tower of Despair: Incredible Potential" on it with a Green augment. You'll have people running TOD again and it will be a usable item.
    You realize that Enchantment Save and Illusion Save are different "channels" of bonus than the general Resistance bonus typically found on items. So although they are the same "type" (resistance), they should still stack with a +8 blue augment. The devs have answered that question before, for example in reference to Epic Glimpse of the Soul from U23, not to mention Cannith crafting.

I suspect Spell Save is probably the same "channel" as school specific saves (but all of them at once), which is why they made that one insightful so it would stack with the two specific schools on the same item.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    You realize that Enchantment Save and Illusion Save are different "channels" of bonus than the general Resistance bonus typically found on items. So although they are the same "type" (resistance), they should still stack with a +8 blue augment. The devs have answered that question before, for example in reference to Epic Glimpse of the Soul from U23, not to mention Cannith crafting.

I suspect Spell Save is probably the same "channel" as school specific saves (but all of them at once), which is why they made that one insightful so it would stack with the two specific schools on the same item.
    They could have saved players countless headaches by making it an untyped bonus.

I feel bad saying this because I know there's a person who put a lot of work into this loot, but....
    It's terrible.

Not good enough to justify the set bonus, and a lot of the items are irrelevant. I guess I can't help but compare it to recent raid loot... but even the Orchard loot is more relevant.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

I guess I may use the quiver but the rest is of no interest to me. The items simply lack more of the interesting qualities compared to the raid / orchard / etc items it competes with and the set bonus doesnt make up for it at all. Also, using all 6 items for the large set bonus for a non-dagger used locks you into a corner gear wise with no flexibility as new gear shows up in some of those slots.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Assuming one of the design goals is to not have redundancy on the set items:
    * Captain set bonus does not stack with Devil set bonus.
    * Griffon set bonus does not stack with Devil set bonus.
    * Insightful Fortitude on Lion's Mane does not stack with Riposte on Ship Kickers.

Typos:
    * Barbette description: maning > manning
    * Eagle's Eye description: miniscule > minuscule
    * Fatal Flaw description: it's > its
    * Epic The Devil's Handiwork > remove the word The?

Consistency:
    * Attack Bonus +10: Why not call it.... Accuracy?
    * Wizardry V gives 125 spell points. Why does Quality Wizardry V give only 65?
    * Insightful Natural Armor Bonus +5: Other Natural Armor items just say "Natural Armor +x", without the word Bonus.

Other:
    * Instead of creating new enchantments, why not reuse existing rare bonuses? Green steel HP, Green steel SP instead of Insightful HP and Quality SP.

BtA.

No thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Default The Epic Fatal Flaw

Please, correct the grammatical error in the Epic Fatal Flaw description: "Every armor has it's weakness."

I'm not a native English and I really can't understand how it is possible to make such mistakes for an English speaker.

I know it's against forum rules to be a grammar naz, but in this case we're talking about an item description, so I think I'm allowed to.

EDIT: Otherwise, you could rename it to "The Epic Fatal Mistake".

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I guess I may use the quiver but the rest is of no interest to me. The items simply lack more of the interesting qualities compared to the raid / orchard / etc items it competes with and the set bonus doesnt make up for it at all. Also, using all 6 items for the large set bonus for a non-dagger used locks you into a corner gear wise with no flexibility as new gear shows up in some of those slots.
    This ! I find it very hard already to justify 3slot sets so being locked into 6 pieces ? NO thank you ! actually IMO set bonuses don't fit the game at all since there is so many build options out there that it is hard to justify running in lesser gear for a minor boost somewhere.
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

reposting here because I didn't know I wasn't in the official thread

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    epic bracers are fine. guess I save 2 bag slots for GH items.

epic kicks are meh for me. balance isn't an item I equip and never really been a fan of Riposte.

epic eye are only useful for the seeker. I don't equip spot items, I put skill points into it and usually fine even at end game spotting mobs. my search is never good enough because I wont invest in it if I don't play rogues. with that said, its a rogue item, but you need to wear it for the 6 set bonus.

epic mane are fine but lol on the natural armor. I would take items , enhancements or whatever more seriously if AC actually worked.

epic Laurel is fine but another lol to protection.

epic Ivy is fine if it is going to be actually useful for what it says it does at end game. if its going to increase my chances to not get held than sure, but Illusion saves? how much do we have to worry about with Illusion in DDO?

epic quiver is fine.

epic return to sender is fine, but is it now easier to paralyze mobs in epics? I have the epic Timeblade and at level it doesn't paralyze that often last time I used it several months ago.

I don't know if that's the whole list, but overall its not bad. I just commented on what my characters could use. everything else from the OP I either wont play caster types or don't have characters that would use them.

I kinda feel like 6 items for a set is a bit much to gain a bonus. when Chrono was released the set worked well with TOD set. I haven't gone over my end game build since ENecro was released so not sure if I could justify not using some epic Necro gear for this set or if this set is better than ENecro and can focus more on the new gear.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

I've seen good stuff for assasins... yet, nothing very impressive for Warlocks. The orb is ok, but there should be a 1 handed for Warlocks or Casters to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RD2play View Post
    This ! I find it very hard already to justify 3slot sets so being locked into 6 pieces ? NO thank you ! actually IMO set bonuses don't fit the game at all since there is so many build options out there that it is hard to justify running in lesser gear for a minor boost somewhere.
    The problem isn't that set bonuses don't fit into the game, the problem is these set bonuses aren't compelling enough to make anyone have to think about how to juggle their gear around to fit it in. Hard decisions are good and some enjoy finding just the perfect fit, but with the set bonuses we're getting it's not worth the trouble. For instance, if you're going to run a set bonus through the trinket slot you have to at least exceed what we have their already. Why would I take a litany off that gives me +2 to all stats to slot a trinket and 5 pieces of gear to get the same bonus?
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

A lot of the items (Epic Return to Sender?!) look really, uh, WEIRD. Which I love.

Also, THANK YOU FOR ADDING ANOTHER DANG +20 SEARCH ITEM TO THE GAME FINALLY. Although it's in EXACTLY THE SAME SLOT AS TWO OF THE ENTIRE FOUR EXISTING ONES FOR SOME SILLY REASON. CMON. Throw us a friggin bone, here.

The set seems kind of meh to me, like, I don't think I have a character that would want to bother wearing the whole thing.

Here's an idea, though--have five unique augments (one for each color--red, blue, green, yellow, purple) that can make an item act as a set piece. So you could potentially just wear *one* of the set items and use 5 slots on other pieces to get the nice but admittedly mediocre set bonus. (Maybe have each of the augments have some other bonus on them. If you really wanted to go CRAZY, make them +10 stat augments, since the actual set items only have insightful bonuses and stuff.) That'd be really cool. I think it ought to be at least a +3 quality bonus because wearing a set is awkward and there are already some +2 quality bonus items that won't stack with this set.

Oh, one more thing . . . Riposte on booties! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU. I might be able to move some dang gear around now on my favorite character without making myself crazy.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 09-17-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

As a monk player: please make outfits instead of wraps. We haven't had a unique named outfit in 3 years.

Also, I really don't understand the point of these wraps. Casters don't use wraps, they use 2 scepters/daggers to get more bonuses. Henshin don't use wraps, they use staves (and I've never seen anyone play Henshin, that tree is worthless). So the wraps are for the 0.01% niche flavor multiclass build? I don't get it.
    Last edited by Ovrad; 09-17-2015 at 10:06 AM.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast