Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedIce View Post
    With the current implementation, I plan on taking 12 Ranger, 1 rogue, 7 cleric and use DC for destiny. For me the DPS is enough as is and I get to add trapping, cleric 4th level spells at caster level 13, and
    Ameliorating strikes and take DM. I still have fourth core Deepwood, 3 ap for DOD, and 2 ap for offhand and 2 ap to go into tier five or killer.
    Sweet, time to dust off my Tempest Warpriest thread. Everything old is new again!
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

del
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-13-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Bastardized 12 ranger version?
    Pretty sure the best split is 12ranger/8ranger.

The way tempest works now your offhand is absolutely the same as your mainhand. 100% chance, 100% damage. So the capstone is basically 10 MP and 25% doublestrike. Although 25% offhand DS is actually slightly better, in situations where you would break 100% DS, because then it's still applied.
    At least for tempest I really don't see any 8 levels that would make for a better build than pure.
    Any class that gives you heavy armor/prr so you can actually stand in melee more than 2 hits is a consideration. The prr changes were needed but ranger is barely at 100 prr for epic that's just barely minimum (with max prr options) for doing EE meleewise. imo perhaps future gear choices will make that more obtainable. ie new artifact prr choices.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Any class that gives you heavy armor/prr so you can actually stand in melee more than 2 hits is a consideration. The prr changes were needed but ranger is barely at 100 prr for epic that's just barely minimum (with max prr options) for doing EE meleewise. imo perhaps future gear choices will make that more obtainable. ie new artifact prr choices.
    Some advice, if you want to keep up the more power for rangers kick stick to defense like in this post, you actually have a leg to stand on as Bard, Paladin, and Barbarians all have better (varies by degree) defense/survivability then rangers. Not that I'm saying they need more.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910