Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The new build for U36 is currently compiling folks! It will also include today's hot fix

Stoner81.

The new build is complete and is currently uploading and should be finished around 01:00 UK time I will update the links in the first post first thing tomorrow morning.

Enjoy folks!

Stoner81.

Hey all, it's been a while but I have everything set to do for U37 which I am hoping to have done just before Christmas so stay tuned folks!

Stoner81.

New build is up folks and ready to go so enjoy!

Merry Christmas!

Stoner81.

Community Member

This is awesome!

Community Member

What software did you use for this? im looking to do something similar and cant find anything

Quote Originally Posted by sbeehre View Post
    What software did you use for this? im looking to do something similar and cant find anything
    Setup Factory 9.

Stoner81.

I haven't forgotten about this I have just been really busy! I will update it once U39 drops.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    I am hoping that now that it is in the hands of Standing Stone Games similar issues can be addressed and hopefully fixed.
    Heard anything? Hash still the same as posted? Seems I just cant get a clean download.

Old system fried and Im a recent victim of Windows 10. Ive been battling Parasite 10 for a couple of months and still cant get in.

Seems thats another VIP down...at least for now. I wish they would put some effort into fixing this install problem. It shouldn't take the time of another player to support the rest of us. Forget any new players....

Quote Originally Posted by gnarledmaw View Post
    Heard anything? Hash still the same as posted? Seems I just cant get a clean download.

Old system fried and Im a recent victim of Windows 10. Ive been battling Parasite 10 for a couple of months and still cant get in.

Seems thats another VIP down...at least for now. I wish they would put some effort into fixing this install problem. It shouldn't take the time of another player to support the rest of us. Forget any new players....
    Try not installing the game to your Program Files folder, Windows 10 is very twitchy about files in those folders. Have you tried DDO-Wrapper?

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Try not installing the game to your Program Files folder, Windows 10 is very twitchy about files in those folders. Have you tried DDO-Wrapper?

Stoner81.
    I never have. I dont install anything in Program Files unless its required. Old habit has me install everything to an apps folder I create off of the root and I always redirect my data to a data folder (it makes backups and finding things so much easier).

A number of times. It seems at first to download fine but wont run, none of the hashes are matching. Ive tried anyway and at first was getting compression errors (2036?), there was other tries that were getting errors that Im not remembering right now, the most recent time things seemed to be installing then I would have to abort because it was asking for Wrapper "Disk 6".

Oddly a dropped connection lead me to eventually get in but I still have to use a goofy work around Ill mention just in case someone else finds this useful. I launch and wait for DDO to attempt to start downloading client_highres.dat then I Pause and reboot my router. As Im reconnecting I Resume. When the connection is back it skips the dat and loads normally into a high res session and I play fine.

Ive searched for tmp and havent found anything. No files in bindat. Replaced files from backup into main folder. Deleted the dat.part files and tried again. None of that stuff is working for me.

BTW, thanks for your efforts in creating this. Looks like youve helped retain a lot of players.

If non of the hashes match then you are going to have issues, I posted the hashes for that reason so folks can tell if the files are OK.

With U39 dropping today I will try and get a new build up as soon as possible. I might also try some other software if you still have issues.

Stoner81.

A new build for U39 has been done and is currently uploading folks! It should be done in about an hour or so, the download links will remain the same.

Stoner81.

New build is uploading folks, so please do not download at the moment! I will post back once the upload has been completed.

Stoner81.

Upload has finished folks! Let me know if anybody has problems and enjoy!

EDIT - I cleaned up my Google Drive so now the files are listed in the single link in the first post.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Here's my recent experience with this installer on a windows 10 computer
    * Downloading went great, considering the poor wifi I was using.
    * I had to run the installer as an admin to allow installation. (Because security)
    * Installation went great.
    * Launcher did not launch. Running it as an admin did not help either. A small window briefly blinked and that was all. I have not seen any error message and could not find any log file.
    * I copied the content of the "backup" directory and pasted it into the main DDO folder.
    * This time the launcher launched and the game updated successfully. I don't recall if I had to run it as an admin.
    * Game now works. Thanks.

Just downloaded this and had a few problems. (and one really really good thing!!)

1. The google download page will try to zip ALL the files if you click download all. This doesn't work because the files are too big and are already compressed. Have to download each one individualy. No big deal, might want to make a note of that in instructions.

2. Trying to even download with Anti-Virus software running in Real Time mode was hard if not impossible. The files are so large that the anti-virus scanner hangs. Might want to note that as well, disable real-time scanning before even starting to download. (remember to turn it back on!)

3. Installer mentions shortcuts. Has location for shortcut, even has choice for this user or all users. When I installed just a few minutes ago, no shortcuts were made. I just double clicked and installed, I didn't run as administrator, so maybe that was the problem.

4. The Big problem. It doesnt work. At all. Clicking ANY of the EXE files does nothing, just a quick open and close black window. Solution: Had to drag DNDLauncher.exe from my working regular install into this new folder. Double clicking DNDLauncher.exe started the patching and loading process normally. SSG has recently changed to this launcher, so that may be why it didn't work. However, I was surprised that the old launcher did not auto download the new and just continue. While I was able to work around this since I was just messing around, any new install from someone who doesnt have the DNDLauncher.exe will fail hard. EDIT- I see the post above solved by dragging out of the backup folder included in the download. -EDIT I have heard reports that even the OFFICIAL download from DDO doesnt work with this problem as well.

5. There's an extra goodie included in the installation files. The (in)famous Turbine Dat File Defragger. It would be great if you could list these three files in their own download- datdefrag.exe, datdefrag.vshost.exe, and Turbine.DatFileTools.dll I was surprised that my old ancient install directory needed patching. I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that the SSG company launcher no longer had internal dat file fragmentation. I have been looking for this for some time, always missing the .dll or having the wrong one.

All in all, thank you for this service you provide. Maybe the above only happened to me, but I thought you would want to know.

ps. You realize that your name, or at least someone's name is listed on the google drive when you click the lines near the top right to show file details?
    Last edited by Mindos; 11-19-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cru212 View Post
    Here's my recent experience with this installer on a windows 10 computer
    * Downloading went great, considering the poor wifi I was using.
    * I had to run the installer as an admin to allow installation. (Because security)
    * Installation went great.
    * Launcher did not launch. Running it as an admin did not help either. A small window briefly blinked and that was all. I have not seen any error message and could not find any log file.
    * I copied the content of the "backup" directory and pasted it into the main DDO folder.
    * This time the launcher launched and the game updated successfully. I don't recall if I had to run it as an admin.
    * Game now works. Thanks.
    Hmm something very odd was going on then since I use these files to re-install the game myself when I need to and don't have these issues. I will have a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Just downloaded this and had a few problems. (and one really really good thing!!)

1. The google download page will try to zip ALL the files if you click download all. This doesn't work because the files are too big and are already compressed. Have to download each one individualy. No big deal, might want to make a note of that in instructions.

2. Trying to even download with Anti-Virus software running in Real Time mode was hard if not impossible. The files are so large that the anti-virus scanner hangs. Might want to note that as well, disable real-time scanning before even starting to download. (remember to turn it back on!)

3. Installer mentions shortcuts. Has location for shortcut, even has choice for this user or all users. When I installed just a few minutes ago, no shortcuts were made. I just double clicked and installed, I didn't run as administrator, so maybe that was the problem.

4. The Big problem. It doesnt work. At all. Clicking ANY of the EXE files does nothing, just a quick open and close black window. Solution: Had to drag DNDLauncher.exe from my working regular install into this new folder. Double clicking DNDLauncher.exe started the patching and loading process normally. SSG has recently changed to this launcher, so that may be why it didn't work. However, I was surprised that the old launcher did not auto download the new and just continue. While I was able to work around this since I was just messing around, any new install from someone who doesnt have the DNDLauncher.exe will fail hard. EDIT- I see the post above solved by dragging out of the backup folder included in the download. -EDIT I have heard reports that even the OFFICIAL download from DDO doesnt work with this problem as well.

5. There's an extra goodie included in the installation files. The (in)famous Turbine Dat File Defragger. It would be great if you could list these three files in their own download- datdefrag.exe, datdefrag.vshost.exe, and Turbine.DatFileTools.dll I was surprised that my old ancient install directory needed patching. I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that the SSG company launcher no longer had internal dat file fragmentation. I have been looking for this for some time, always missing the .dll or having the wrong one.

All in all, thank you for this service you provide. Maybe the above only happened to me, but I thought you would want to know.

ps. You realize that your name, or at least someone's name is listed on the google drive when you click the lines near the top right to show file details?
    1. Will make a note of that.

2. Will make a note of that too.

3. It should certainly make shortcuts but I will double the settings and make sure it is enabled. EDIT - The shortcut should be under DDO in your start menu, it won't be in a folder called SSG or anything like that so try looking for that if you haven't already done so.

4. This must be a very recent change, I will do a new build and change the link to the correct file so thanks for pointing this out. EDIT - I have just updated my copy of DDO by running TurbineLauncher.exe and it all ran perfectly fine so I am unsure what the exact issue is.

5. The DAT defragger is a 3rd party tool I had from years ago which I use everytime I download the latest updates before doing a build. If there is a need I can make these available as a separate download (I think I have them somewhere in a separate archive).

As to the name listed on Google Drive it is fine because that is me

Stoner81.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast