Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Installed DDO client after clean install of Win 10, get eror 201. Tried several things, nothing worked.

Then tried this solution and put back smile on my face. Works like a charm!

Nice work, thank you!

Community Member

Default Downloading now

Came back to the game after a break, always was problem free but upon install I received the 201 error. Installed in Program Data, but files took forever to retrieve from there(at least I assume that's what it was) and I would disconnect on login frequently. Hoping this helps with that, or at least I can have my program files in...you know, program files. Anyway, thank you for doing this and will I have to DL every time there's a new patch, how does it work after initial install?

Quote Originally Posted by Arzoc View Post
    Came back to the game after a break, always was problem free but upon install I received the 201 error. Installed in Program Data, but files took forever to retrieve from there(at least I assume that's what it was) and I would disconnect on login frequently. Hoping this helps with that, or at least I can have my program files in...you know, program files. Anyway, thank you for doing this and will I have to DL every time there's a new patch, how does it work after initial install?
    You tell it where you wish to install the game to and then it will create a shortcut on your desktop. After that run it and the game will automatically update and run unless you are missing things that are needed (see post 3 of this thread, the FAQ).

Hope this helps.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Default Thanks for the Wrapper!

3 installations that failed to run (usually with data 201 error), and then I found this post and tried the wrapper. It worked like a charm.

There was some minor updating needed after the wrapper ran, but I am back online now!
    Last edited by LordKalkin; 12-31-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    Cannith: Mecharu, PikeHeart, LeafOnWind, SliceALot, TalkToThHand, Castinator, TheGimp. Member Keepers of the Faith, Misanthrope.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKalkin View Post
    3 installations that failed to run (usually with data 201 error), and then I found this post and tried the wrapper. It worked like a charm.

There was some minor updating needed after the wrapper ran, but I am back online now!
    Yes there will be, there have been a couple of hotfixes since U29 which are currently not included in DDO Wrapper. Anyway glad to see it helped you out, have fun!

Stoner81.

I'm working on updating wine/linux the install guide at https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...ation&iId=2910, and decided to use this to avoid Akamai Netsession (which has caused problems on wine in the past). In doing so, I discovered a couple of things that are relatively minor and one I consider fairly major:
    1. Currently the name of the actual install folder and the start menu folder is "DDO Wrapper". DDO Wrapper isn't installing DDO Wrapper, DDO Wrapper is installing "Dungeons & Dragons Online". It would be nice if you could fix that.
    2. The shortcut to the launcher is simply called "TurbineLauncher". While this is accurate, it's not user-friendly. Please consider changing this to "Dungeons & Dragons Online".
    3. By default DDO Wrapper installs to %programfiles%\DDO Wrapper. Anytime I run into someone having the sorts of problems DDO Wrapper is supposed to help solve, one of the first things I recommend is to re-install almost anywhere that isn't in %programfiles%. I'm not saying that this is the root of these problems, but I consider it to be a contributing factor, since that folder has been considered "protected" for a very long time (since Vista, at least), which makes having things in there that need to self-update a bad idea. Please consider, with U30, having this install DDO somewhere else by default (like "%systemdrive%\Games\Dungeons & Dragons Online" - I think I got that variable right, check it in whatever install builder you use, tho).

And finally, a couple of feature requests:
    • An option for a desktop shortcut. Ya, it's pretty easy to add this after the installation yourself, but it would still be nice if the installer provided the option. EDIT: If you already do this, great...wine may not have caught the creation of the shortcut and thus not created a proper one for me.
    • Use Google drive instead of MediaFire for hosting. Downloading anything over about 500M on MediaFire is a right royal PITA. Sorry, that's just the way it is. Google Drive files can be hotlinked, and don't serve obnoxious ads with the file, either. Oh, and the limit on the size of a single file is 5TB. Love 'em or Hate 'em, Google is definitely providing a better service here.

Kudos on making a great alternative installer, btw. It works very well on wine.

--ArekDorun
    Last edited by ArekDorun; 02-16-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArekDorun View Post
    I'm working on updating wine/linux the install guide at https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...ation&iId=2910, and decided to use this to avoid Akamai Netsession (which has caused problems on wine in the past). In doing so, I discovered a couple of things that are relatively minor and one I consider fairly major:
    1. Currently the name of the actual install folder and the start menu folder is "DDO Wrapper". DDO Wrapper isn't installing DDO Wrapper, DDO Wrapper is installing "Dungeons & Dragons Online". It would be nice if you could fix that.
    2. The shortcut to the launcher is simply called "TurbineLauncher". While this is accurate, it's not user-friendly. Please consider changing this to "Dungeons & Dragons Online".
    3. By default DDO Wrapper installs to %programfiles%\DDO Wrapper. Anytime I run into someone having the sorts of problems DDO Wrapper is supposed to help solve, one of the first things I recommend is to re-install almost anywhere that isn't in %programfiles%. I'm not saying that this is the root of these problems, but I consider it to be a contributing factor, since that folder has been considered "protected" for a very long time (since Vista, at least), which makes having things in there that need to self-update a bad idea. Please consider, with U30, having this install DDO somewhere else by default (like "%systemdrive%\Games\Dungeons & Dragons Online" - I think I got that variable right, check it in whatever install builder you use, tho).

And finally, a couple of feature requests:
    • An option for a desktop shortcut. Ya, it's pretty easy to add this after the installation yourself, but it would still be nice if the installer provided the option. EDIT: If you already do this, great...wine may not have caught the creation of the shortcut and thus not created a proper one for me.
    • Use Google drive instead of MediaFire for hosting. Downloading anything over about 500M on MediaFire is a right royal PITA. Sorry, that's just the way it is. Google Drive files can be hotlinked, and don't serve obnoxious ads with the file, either. Oh, and the limit on the size of a single file is 5TB. Love 'em or Hate 'em, Google is definitely providing a better service here.

Kudos on making a great alternative installer, btw. It works very well on wine.

--ArekDorun
    The shortcut name can not be changed I don't think and the point you make about it is addressed in the FAQ section.

The directory can be changed by the end user so it doesn't have to install to the ProgramFiles folder, just simply select where you wish it to be placed.

The ads on Mediafire can be easily blocked using any half decent adblocker like Ublock Origin.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like DDO-Wrapper!

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    The shortcut name can not be changed I don't think and the point you make about it is addressed in the FAQ section.

The directory can be changed by the end user so it doesn't have to install to the ProgramFiles folder, just simply select where you wish it to be placed.

The ads on Mediafire can be easily blocked using any half decent adblocker like Ublock Origin.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like DDO-Wrapper!
    I think I may have addressed some of these in the new build which is currently compiling and it includes the hotfix (U30.1).

EDIT

New build is ready just have to get it uploaded which I will do tomorrow

EDIT

Download links have been removed in preparation for new ones tomorrow, new file hashes are also up I could do with updating the screen shots again since some stuff is different.

Stoner81.

As luck would have it Mediafire is throwing a hissy fit so it looks like I am going to have to swtich to a different hosting solution so from the looks of things I'm going to have to sort out Google Drive. This of course means now that uploading the new wrapper will be a while since I normally upload it at work (5x faster than at home ) but I will see what I can do.

Stoner81.

New download links are available via Google Drive! Does anybody still want the original files available because if not I won't bother re-uploading them to Google Drive and will just leave DDO-Wrapper available.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Default Internal error

Hi,

I downloaded that wraps files - installation was fine - and when I tryed launch the DDO, it said "Internal error, please contact customer support". Any ideas?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Lotr93 View Post
    Hi,

I downloaded that wraps files - installation was fine - and when I tryed launch the DDO, it said "Internal error, please contact customer support". Any ideas?

Thx
    The whole game is down right now while they migrate the server hardware to a new datacenter.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...sday-March-8th

Game worlds are back up now so there should not be an issue, if there is please let me know!

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    New download links are available via Google Drive! Does anybody still want the original files available because if not I won't bother re-uploading them to Google Drive and will just leave DDO-Wrapper available.

Stoner81.
    Good deal...this does save a lot of headaches when downloading.

Does your workplace hate google or something?

--ArekDorun

Quote Originally Posted by ArekDorun View Post
    Good deal...this does save a lot of headaches when downloading.

Does your workplace hate google or something?

--ArekDorun
    I have no idea what happened with Mediafire but since I have now paid for more storage on Google Drive I am keeping it away from work, the internet connection is terrible at best generally speaking with regular drop outs it drives me mad!!

Stoner81.

Hey folks! I will be working on getting the new version of DDO-Wrapper up this week to include U31, we have recently upgraded to fibre so much faster at uploading I will post back once everything is uploaded.

Stoner81.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast