Default Elder's Focus Set

I'll probably test this out myself at some point if I don't get a response, but was wondering if anyone knows if the +0.5 crit multi on elemental spells from this item set in epics if functioning, and if it stacks with warlock +60% from tainted scholar. I happen to have flexible slots for ETRing for my necklace and helm, and the crit multi bonus would be a significant boost to my damage with high critical chances. Any responses detailing if it shows up on character page, if it is noticeable in testing, or other useful information are welcome.
    Dazling of Cannith

I can't think of any occasion where enhancements don't stack with gear effects, so I'd say you're probably good to go with it.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Crit. multies were all removed, when they revamped spellpower.
    I haven't checked that set lately, but I would be surprsied if it gave crit. multiplier.
    Archmage set for example doesn't work.

Worth testing though if you have it laying around.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

not really matching the topic, but i got this random thought:

the epic ring of elemental essence might be a very good item on a melee warlock, no?
    also that yellow slot on the already great caster ring got more useful after the augment pass

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadazia View Post
    not really matching the topic, but i got this random thought:

the epic ring of elemental essence might be a very good item on a melee warlock, no?
    also that yellow slot on the already great caster ring got more useful after the augment pass
    Downside is it's main bonuses are archmage, which isn't needed because warlock doesn't require many spellpoints, and elemental damage boost, which will only apply to the one element (acid) I'm using.(I know that elders focus would only be the one element as well, but +50% spell crit would be a LOT of damage) The other downsides are that I'm already using sages/guardians rings from heroic WGU, and I have Epic Rock Boots for my acid bonus. Thanks for the input though!
    Dazling of Cannith

It does not work, tested late last year and again recently (I retested when they put the character sheet display of multiplier into the game thinking they might stealth enable gear based multipliers to work again) No gear based source of multiplier works in the game, (aka TOD stuff also doesn't work)

IMO this and TOD set bonuses not working is one of the more unprofessional aspects of DDO... nothing that people ground out raids or Shard/Scroll/Seals for should ever be nerfed into uselessness and then not even compensated for by changing the bonus to something else (like spell power)

There is melee power and crit muliplier across all weaponry. But casters can't have multiplier ? Seems legit...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilYouKnow View Post
    There is melee power and crit muliplier across all weaponry. But casters can't have multiplier ? Seems legit...
    Worse still warlocks get .6 of a multiplier and their base damage is higher than heroic spells, their spell power is mostly scaled by 150% and their spells cost no SP...

Seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    It does not work, tested late last year and again recently (I retested when they put the character sheet display of multiplier into the game thinking they might stealth enable gear based multipliers to work again) No gear based source of multiplier works in the game, (aka TOD stuff also doesn't work)

IMO this and TOD set bonuses not working is one of the more unprofessional aspects of DDO... nothing that people ground out raids or Shard/Scroll/Seals for should ever be nerfed into uselessness and then not even compensated for by changing the bonus to something else (like spell power)
    At least the savant rings still give the old +2 MCL, which is actually far more desirable than the 2% crit. chance.
    Still unprofessional, no question.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member

oh, got your point. i still want one of those rings, i think they're great on other arcanes then.
    i miss quite alot of DnD knowledge about warlocks, so i only know the stuff that comes from ddo
    and since i've not rolled a warlock myself yet that knowledge is... clearly arranged

i just remember that the bursts from the warlock can be different types of damage and that some other sorts of extra damage can be added along with it
    so i thought that ring might be interessting

another random idea: is that archon ring triggering on each blast, or just once per cast? iirc some blasts can hit multiple times per cast (?)
    if the evil blast is considered alignment spell damage, that ring would be really great