Community Member

Default DDO Forums unsearchable, connection refused error

Trying to search the DDO forums gives me an error:

connection to 10.65.214.213:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Anyone else having this problem? Happens on multiple devices for me, work laptop and my personal iphone so I know it's not a firewall issue.

I also tried logged in and not logged into the forums, same problem.
    Main toon - Galing (Sarlona)
    Heroic Completionist x1 - 11/03/2016. Epic Completionist x1 - 12/04/2016
    Current life #43 (14 Epic, 23 Heroic, 3 Iconic, 3 Racial): Warforge 20 Arti 10 Epic

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Yes, been having this problem for about a week.

Community Manager

Indeed, this issue is likely to persist for a while before being corrected, although we are looking into it. In the meantime, while not the greatest solution, using Google and searching DDO.com (whatever you want to find) tends to work. This won't help people looking for all posts by someone, though.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Indeed, this issue is likely to persist for a while before being corrected, although we are looking into it. In the meantime, while not the greatest solution, using Google and searching DDO.com (whatever you want to find) tends to work. This won't help people looking for all posts by someone, though.
    That's been my workaround, thanks for the quick reply Cordovan!
    Main toon - Galing (Sarlona)
    Heroic Completionist x1 - 11/03/2016. Epic Completionist x1 - 12/04/2016
    Current life #43 (14 Epic, 23 Heroic, 3 Iconic, 3 Racial): Warforge 20 Arti 10 Epic

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Every since the forums changeover years ago I have not been able to use Google to search anything at ddo.com.(Forums in particular) Any ddo.com result fails to load. This is Multiple Computers, Networks and Browsers. Results come up in Google, but when I click on them, I get messages like this

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Every since the forums changeover years ago I have not been able to use Google to search anything at ddo.com.(Forums in particular) Any ddo.com result fails to load. This is Multiple Computers, Networks and Browsers. Results come up in Google, but when I click on them, I get messages like this

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.
    Yeah, same here. But not all the time. Seems like most of the older posts prior to the forum change are no longer viewable.

Just look at the URL of the page you're trying to load. More than likely it has something like "?s=a898asdf98dsflk292" tacked onto the end of it. Just remove everything back to, and including, the question mark and hit Enter. The page will load fine for you after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Just look at the URL of the page you're trying to load. More than likely it has something like "?s=a898asdf98dsflk292" tacked onto the end of it. Just remove everything back to, and including, the question mark and hit Enter. The page will load fine for you after that.
    that did indeed work. do you know why? DDO is the only site I've ever had to modify the results in order to see them.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

that did indeed work. do you know why? DDO is the only site I've ever had to modify the results in order to see them.
    I'm not sure why, really. For some reason, their forums code seems to look for that "s" argument and then try to do something with the value provided when it's present. In turn, this puts the forum page you're trying to access into an infinite redirect loop (at least, this is the error *I* see when that argument is present). Since the "s" argument isn't required for anything, simply removing it lets the page load. Of course, this still doesn't explain why that argument is present in the first place.
    Description: The arcane archer PrE seems to be designed to work only with bows. However, it is possible to attach its effects to other weapons with much greater rate of fire like shurikens (or crossbows).
    Bug.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I'm not sure why, really. For some reason, their forums code seems to look for that "s" argument and then try to do something with the value provided when it's present. In turn, this puts the forum page you're trying to access into an infinite redirect loop (at least, this is the error *I* see when that argument is present). Since the "s" argument isn't required for anything, simply removing it lets the page load. Of course, this still doesn't explain why that argument is present in the first place.
    but its a DDO.com issue, not a setting somewhere on my end?
    Thelanis

Sev~

but its a DDO.com issue, not a setting somewhere on my end?
    Correct. This is a DDO.com issue and not an end-user problem. There's nothing you can do about this, except to continue to remove the question mark and everything that follows it.
    Bug.

Just for a FYI the google/bing search should use:

<stuff to search for> SITE:ddo.com

You can also use

"search this phrase" site:ddo.com

to get an actual phrase search.
    Farog on Khyber - DDO Char Builder Lite updates -> https://github.com/ChristopherGLewis/ddo-lite-tools

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    Just for a FYI the google/bing search should use:

<stuff to search for> SITE:ddo.com

You can also use

"search this phrase" site:ddo.com

to get an actual phrase search.
    On Google, "site:ddo.com search phrase" works exactly the same as "search phrase site:ddo.com". I just tested it to confirm.
    Bug.

Community Manager

Search is back! We had to clear out a server used for search that had filled up on disk space.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Had to delete all the grumpy cat memes images?

Here's one to start the collection from again:

gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    Trying to search the DDO forums gives me an error:

connection to 10.65.214.213:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

Anyone else having this problem? Happens on multiple devices for me, work laptop and my personal iphone so I know it's not a firewall issue.

I also tried logged in and not logged into the forums, same problem.
    I LOL'd because I started DDO foruming recently and had the issue, and assumed it was an old issue. Didn't realize it was new, but glad it is now fixed

Search is back! We had to clear out a server used for search that had filled up on disk space.
    Turbine probably shouldn't have let the DBA go. They know how to do DB maintenance and stuff.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

TO be flat out honest, I have always had MUCH better results and accuracy come up using google than the native search engine to the forums. So I disagree that it's not the greatest solution.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!