Default Might Change To This Server

I stopped playing DDO in like mid 2013 because I started playing other game. I came back to Thelanis. It seems pretty dead. Except maybe around 7-9PM EST because the two Harbor and Marketplace instances. We barely have anyone LFGs anymore, maybe 15 on a good day. No one talks in the general chat really. So I started looking on Cannith. When I logged on they've had about 16-42 LFGs up. I would like people from those servers to tell me how the community is there and how active it actually is?

Cannith has had the Default status twice in the last year - The first time it had that status it maintained a high population {1st Overall throughout Orien's time as the Default and 2nd Overall well into Sarlona's time as the Default} for around 4 months afterwards!
    It has remained strong since - at about the same population level as G-Land, Khyber and post default Sarlona.

Then it got the Default back again and has only just lost it {like 2 weeks ago} to Argo SO in my view Cannith is most likely the strongest Server at this time {Argo will overtake it population wise but 90% of newbies never get past Lvl 5!}.

Cannith has very strong European and South American populations along with a decent core of U.S. Players.

BUT Cannith like all servers doesn't really pick up population wise until about 4pm GMT and dies around 8am GMT - Only Sarlona has a decent population if you play in the hours between 8am and 2pm GMT.

Cannith IS my main Server and I love it!
    Like all Servers it has it's fair share of all player types BUT the one thing I'm most proud of is that Cannith held on to it's population for so long after losing the Default status - Something that G-Land, Sarlona and especially Orien {which went back to it's old status almost immediately} did not!
    This to me means that Cannith is a very good Server for newer players!

I've had a riot since I started playing 3 years ago and wouldn't change server for anything.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Annairb View Post
    I stopped playing DDO in like mid 2013 because I started playing other game. I came back to Thelanis. It seems pretty dead. Except maybe around 7-9PM EST because the two Harbor and Marketplace instances. We barely have anyone LFGs anymore, maybe 15 on a good day. No one talks in the general chat really. So I started looking on Cannith. When I logged on they've had about 16-42 LFGs up. I would like people from those servers to tell me how the community is there and how active it actually is?
    Cannith is a great server. It comes alive around 5pm EST and goes strong until around 9pmEST. Welcome to Cannith.

Community Member

I play on the US west coast between 8 PM and midnight mostly. Usually by midnight everything has slowed to a crawl but I really haven't had a problem finding groups during this time period. All of the party leaders I've joined have really gone out of their way to welcome newerish players which is in contrast to when I stopped playing in 2012 where many of the party leaders had kind of an elitist attitude. I think the danger of population decline and with the game getting older players are really conscious of the new players and go out of their way to make the learning process smooth.

I don't know if I've grouped with you since rejoining the game 6 weeks ago but a big thank you to all of the people who have showed me a thing or two. It's been quite the transition getting used to the game. It's almost like learning the game from the start being gone for 3 years and everyone has been so kind to show me around. I haven't done much outside of eberron yet but I do plan to move into the stuff that I'll be doing for the first time soon and I am sure that everyone will be understanding of me there as well.
    Cannith - Noehealz, Protectorjon, Noebuffs, Mortion