Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Hatchery

Default R.O.S.E : Repository Of Sneaky Endeavors

Welcome to R.O.S.E

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVERVIEW

This thread's purpose is to document the achievements of the skillful few who, when presented with a carefully crafted quest full of monsters with lovingly animated death animations, and the option to use several classes/weapons/abilities/spells to cause those animations in a highly efficient manner, refuse to kill anything.

Users are to record their accomplishments in the art of non-lethal questing: the completion of quests with a few kills as possible.

It's also a competition.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUIDELINES

Any quest, heroic or epic, is allowed. If you want to kill every mob in Cannith Crystal and count it as a minimum-kill run, you are free to do so.

You do not have to be solo
    . Normal and Hard completions are accepted in their own category.

Quest completion will be scored on time. Time is added on to your completion as penalty for playing the game as intended.

--every kill beyond the amount required for completion: 30 seconds
    --every second of dungeon alert: 1 additional second per level of dungeon alert.
    --every character level beyond the level of the quest: 30 seconds per level difference. This includes epic quests.

Users are encouraged to record their entire run. This is for the benefit of others interested in stealthplay, but also for scoring. I respect the technical limitations some may have, so a picture-only submission whose time is below a video submission may accompany, but not replace, a video submission in the leader-board.

Screenshot of your character's level, completion time, and kill count are required, unless they are visible on video.

There are no limitations on what you can do to achieve your minimum-kill run. Any item, ability, tactic, etc. is permitted, even ones that are unreasonably overpowered. This includes invis-running: if you're annoyed that a sprint-boosting Barbarian is bumping you off the leaderboard, make your mark in quests where invis-running is impractical.

If you are interested in stealth but don't know where to start, start here.

Good luck and happy sneaking!

The Hatchery

Epic Quests

Epic Amrath
    Devil's Details
    EN --
    13:46 Spookiness
    EH --
    EE --

Epic Three Barrel Cove
    Old Grey Garl
    EN --
    EH --
    EE --
    7:04 Saekee

I sense severe awesomeness arising from this thread! Thank you for this, I think your idea is wonderful and that many will enjoy this thread to a great degree. Can't wait to see it flourish!

The guide you linked is extremely well written and informative, definitely a good read!
    I lmao over that "unreasonably overpowered" ability but then I started thinking R.O.S.E and heck, that could be useful if it distracts mobs yet doesn't kill them hmmm

Luckily I have a main pure rogue that I thoroughly enjoy, I will have fun thinking how to utilize it for this thread.
    Not all that glitters is gold but if you strike gold on khyber you probably just smacked me.
    Goldnblood, Goldenoak Goldmooon, Goldsunn, Goldeni, Goldenflash, Goldenlich, Goldlit and Goodthings (he's different).

Hi quezuzu, thanks for overseeing this! I remember R.O.G.U.E., the old shadow lord trial competition, though I was too new to compete in it.

I do not have video recording capability to compete, sadly.

I like that you count DA. Will follow thread happily--I hope people post. Stealth runs tend not to be speedy but once the minimum required kills is achieved, speed becomes the only competitive aspect remaining.

I did an EE stealth guide of Garl and completed it in about 7 minutes sans DA--I am sure someone can beat that number!

R.O.G.U.E. had other fun stuff as well. Any chance of adding it for flavor?
    Last edited by Saekee; 08-11-2015 at 10:06 AM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Sounds like fun!