Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

Default stunning blow/trip in doj

when doj first came out, i tried stunning/tripping the orange named orthons and barbazu, but never could. then i saw people freezing them, so i asked what their dc was, and got responses of low to mid 70s.

my 2nd laziest stun dc is 87, and i never was able to stun an orange named devil. so i went in there today on en, and just tested this on the pack of devils in the first room. i didnt drink any stat pots (id have to drink a bunch of em for just +3 dc, and if low-mid 70s is landing i shouldnt need em right?), for a dc of 89 before improved sunder stacks. i was stacking improved sunder 5 times on some of the enemies, for an effective stun dc of 104.

not a single stun landed, nor trip. in fact what i discovered was that neither of those abilities was even causing the enemy to attempt a save.

so im wondering, is this wai, and im just missing something?

is being able to freeze these mobs not wai? were stunning blow/trip coded wrong and just broken?

if not wai, can there be a fix please?
    You are but a lamb, ignorant of your own ignorance. You no longer interest me.

Community Member

Default Also

Related to your comment that a massive trip/stun DC wasn't landing on the non-reds in EN Defiler of the Just, my 75+ Assassinate DC has never proc'ed on any of the mobs other than the tieflings in my 40 runs of the raid.

I've heard DC casters (presumably players with great DCs) say this as well about their spells but have no personal experience on these sorts of toons.

I'm not sure what the solution is here. Having groups with many terrific toons instakilling all the mobs lickety split would pose no challenge. On the other hand, max DC-based toons being ineffective such that DPS is the only thing that matters makes for a lackluster one-dimensional play experience.

Like the OP I have seen freeze toons proc their effects many times, so that one appears to work. Maybe because the hellish mobs aren't used to Minnesota winters...
    Last edited by dualscissors; 11-03-2015 at 10:16 AM.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dualscissors View Post
    Related to your comment that a massive trip/stun DC wasn't landing on the non-reds in EN Defiler of the Just, my 75+ Assassinate DC has never proc'ed on any of the mobs other than the tieflings in my 40 runs of the raid.

I've heard DC casters (presumably players with great DCs) say this as well about their spells but have no personal experience on these sorts of toons.

I'm not sure what the solution is here. Having groups with many terrific toons instakilling all the mobs lickety split would pose no challenge. On the other hand, max DC-based toons being ineffective such that DPS is the only thing that matters makes for a lackluster one-dimensional play experience.

Like the OP I have seen freeze toons proc their effects many times, so that one appears to work. Maybe because the hellish mobs aren't used to Minnesota winters...
    yea, you can use your dc abilities on the tieflings and hellhounds just fine provided your dc is high enough. it is the orthons and horned devils that should be stunnable/trippable/etc due to being orange named but in fact cannot be, and simply dont even attempt a save, just ignore the effect. basically their red names.

and yea, it is quite one dimensional, it would still be one dimensional even if this bu(ll****)g didnt exist and all orange nameds were fair game, because there are so few of them and theyre not often important (reinforcements, which any non red names in those spawns are nearly always orthons or horned devils, not tieflings or hellhounds).