Thread: Is it normal?

Community Member

Default Is it normal?

So I have been playing mmo's for a while now. I started with WoW, before that I played MUDS over telnet. I am in a guild, came over from Neverwinter. Our guild doesn't use voice comms except when we group or raid (we use in game voice chat). I was wondering if that is the norm for ddo?

Nobody on G-Land is normal, sorry to disappoint you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    Now you aren't a cookie cuttter, you are a character with unique gear and layouts and not everyone has the same mass produced epic ethereal bracers from the ghostly beholder factory.

It's really dependent on the person. Some use lots of voice chat, others use text only, some use whatever it more appropriate at the time. DDO does have a built in voice chat for in party chat only, which is nice (as you know), but as I said, not everyone uses it, while others use it almost exclusively. Not really a norm per say, just be ready for either or. *shrugs*

The guilds I've been in always used their own mumble or teamspeak servers for ingame comms.

Also, you're not always in the same group, but chatting with familiar people while playing is always a plus. Depends on the guild I guess.

Besides that the DDO voice client has pretty bad quality. 3rd party programs don't help while pugging though, obviously.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos