Page 291 of 293 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293 LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    You answered it right there at the end. Trust your feeling. It should bring back happy memories, even though the sad will still be standing near.

New visits from our Covid-friend in the household. Wife and daughter got the brunt of it this time, hefty flu symptoms but both on the mend at this point.

Trying to hold focus on HC, but just so burned out dunno if I'll even make a 20 this round. Not missing the Hounds at all tho.

*draws smiley face in the dust on the bar*

---------

edit: Ooh, nabby!
    Wife and I got all three non-reaper rewards on our main accounts. She has been jonesing for that mount ever since it came out the first time.

Our second accounts, which are ftp, are proving a bit more problematic. I don't think we are going to get the favor rewards, we are just trying for 20 at this point. Running normal/hard is SLOW. Makes you really appreciate the elite unlock on a VIP account. And the 10% xp, and the runspeed boost...

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I hope you are okay out there db? Haven't heard a peep since covid. Everything is okay here except my mom's birthday is coming up... she would have been 63 this year. I am sad. Should I make a cake anyway? I feel like I should.
    all well here, thank you

just been busy with w**k.

might be able to make a trip to india soon, meet my grandma and aunt after 3 years. fingers crossed.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Hey Ael, you duckin and dodging debris down there yesterday?
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

New visits from our Covid-friend in the household. *snip*
    Not missing the Hounds at all tho.
    Hope the fam pulls through swiftly and well. I will NOT EVER miss the hounds, that was a horrible mechanic to spring on ALL difficulties... and really did feel like the actions of a malicious DM.

Hey Ael, you duckin and dodging debris down there yesterday?
    Nope thankfully missed out on that uproar, the tornado warnings were for areas to either side of my own. We got flash flood warnings and water moccasins from the bayou in the streets instead. :/

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    all well here, thank you
    Good to know!
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Bell's Palsy.

What an evil bit of carpfish.

While it was better news than what one would expect from the symptoms, you know it's serious when they see you walk into the ER and they're already calling a team to come get you. (Or the wife, in this case) Likes to hit folks after they've had a viral infection - like the Covid she had just cleared.

You know that feeling when the side of your face is numb from the dentist. Well, this is like that except there is NO motor control of the facial muscles on one side. Even chewing is only powered by the muscles on the other side of the jaw.

Steroids and anti-viral meds. Drops and tape the left eye shut to sleep so the eye doesn't dry out because it doesn't close. Hopefully the effects will only last a couple weeks, tho some folks can take months.

SO!

How's yer alls' weekends going?

----------

For the non-link clickers:

Overview

Bell's palsy is a condition that causes sudden weakness in the muscles on one side of the face. In most cases, the weakness is temporary and significantly improves over weeks. The weakness makes half of the face appear to droop. Smiles are one-sided, and the eye on the affected side resists closing.

Bell's palsy is also known as acute peripheral facial palsy of unknown cause. It can occur at any age. The exact cause is unknown. Experts think it's caused by swelling and inflammation of the nerve that controls the muscles on one side of the face. It could be caused by a reaction that occurs after a viral infection.
    Symptoms usually start to improve within a few weeks, with complete recovery in about six months. A small number of people continue to have some Bell's palsy symptoms for life. Rarely, Bell's palsy occurs more than once.
    Collectibles

Have you ever wondered....?

Wonder no more!

Collectibles

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Bell's Palsy.

What an evil bit of carpfish.

While it was better news than what one would expect from the symptoms, you know it's serious when they see you walk into the ER and they're already calling a team to come get you. (Or the wife, in this case) Likes to hit folks after they've had a viral infection - like the Covid she had just cleared.

You know that feeling when the side of your face is numb from the dentist. Well, this is like that except there is NO motor control of the facial muscles on one side. Even chewing is only powered by the muscles on the other side of the jaw.

Steroids and anti-viral meds. Drops and tape the left eye shut to sleep so the eye doesn't dry out because it doesn't close. Hopefully the effects will only last a couple weeks, tho some folks can take months.

SO!

How's yer alls' weekends going?

----------

For the non-link clickers:
    wow, healing thoughts headed her way my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired_Old_Gamer View Post
    wow, healing thoughts headed her way my friend.
    Ty.

As of today, she can move her eyelid just a smidge and the tinglies of nerves waking back up have begun.

It's a good thing, but days+ of face pins & needles doesn't sound it's gonna be fun.
    Collectibles

Thumbs up

Ty.

As of today, she can move her eyelid just a smidge and the tinglies of nerves waking back up have begun.

It's a good thing, but days+ of face pins & needles doesn't sound it's gonna be fun.
    Glad to hear there has already been slight recovery. Here's to hoping she heals swiftly and completely.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Glad to hear there has already been slight recovery. Here's to hoping she heals swiftly and completely.
    The improvement was temporary. One of her coworkers who has gone thru it says that can happen.

MEANwhile... heh.

Adhesive Capsulitis, or Frozen Shoulder in the Common tongue. That's what the torn rotator I thought I was dealing with turns out to be. Finally got to an Ortho. The good part? Means no surgery to fix anything torn! Woot! The bad part? There's no surgery to fix this. It heals on it's own, over time. Months... of time. *le sigh*
    Collectibles

HC: Casually trudged my way to the 1250 mark.

Probably won't make 20 with life stuff getting in the way this season. SO burnt out, don't even care. Currently 1 AP into 17, so will see how I feel tonight to make a last shot at getting there.
    Collectibles

The improvement was temporary. One of her coworkers who has gone thru it says that can happen.

MEANwhile... heh.

Adhesive Capsulitis, or Frozen Shoulder in the Common tongue. That's what the torn rotator I thought I was dealing with turns out to be. Finally got to an Ortho. The good part? Means no surgery to fix anything torn! Woot! The bad part? There's no surgery to fix this. It heals on it's own, over time. Months... of time. *le sigh*
    Aww. and aww. But no surgery sounds good.

Yesterday....

Last edited by cdbd3rd; 02-22-2023 at 03:46 PM.
    Collectibles

Default Anniversary Party

Okay did I just find something new or am I the last to know?

I was just running the Anniversary party to see what had changed and an NPC party guest said this to me:

I was just running the Anniversary party to see what had changed and an NPC party guest said this to me:

Not as uber kewl as having one's own NPC, but kewl.

Can't answer the "how long" question, between length of time since I went NPC poking in there and some big fuzzies in my memory modules.
    Collectibles

whoo!

this is sometime between last year and this, wasn't there last to last year

finally going to india for a visit. been 3 years or so now.

wow, good luck and pleasant journey.

finally going to India for a visit. been 3 years or so now.
    Learning how time can fly when ya blink.
    Collectibles

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Learning how time can fly when ya blink.

Really, it seems like yesterday we were talking about what college to go to. Gratz young man, have fun, safe travels

Page 291 of 293 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293 LastLast