Page 267 of 293 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    i'm leaving on the 9th.

also, mom's getting a divorce.

wack.

(a divorce which i completely agree with, my father's a real POS)

Excellent news!!!

...and sometimes a D is for the better, tho the process is usually a bear to go thru for everyone.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Excellent news!!!

...and sometimes a D is for the better, tho the process is usually a bear to go thru for everyone.
    oh it's absolutely a good thing.

he's been abusive to my sister mom and i constantly, and when we appealed to his siblings for help they did nothing. well, his problem now.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Still haven't found out how that nephew is doing. He graduated Highschool last May. He and his mom aren't talking in part because she just got remarried this summer. No one close to Houston has seen or heard from him since August (the wedding), but he lives near Corpus so... not unusual. I'm not excessively worried but... its bugging me a little.

Happy Birthday to me!

Sheesh, I'm getting old.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Still haven't found out how that nephew is doing. He graduated Highschool last May. He and his mom aren't talking in part because she just got remarried this summer. No one close to Houston has seen or heard from him since August (the wedding), but he lives near Corpus so... not unusual. I'm not excessively worried but... its bugging me a little.

Happy Birthday to me!

Sheesh, I'm getting old.
    hope all is well.

also, happy birthday!

heading out on monday

heading out on monday

You got it! Keep us updated when ya can. ...and have fun.
    Collectibles

Happy Birthday to me!

Sheesh, I'm getting old.

I always tried telling my mom that no news is good news.

...yeah, she never did go for that.
    ____

Birthdays - you still have those? My standard answer to the 'what do you want for' question is, "How about a whole day of ignoring it?" That is, unless someplace is doing the free dessert for your birthday thing, then maybe...
    Collectibles

heading out on monday

Farewell, wherever you fare till your eyries receive you at the journey's end!

It has been an honour and privilege to have taken even a small role in your life. Please keep us all informed of your progress.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

also, happy birthday!
    Thank you, and good luck to you. I hope you have many wonderful, joyful experiences that will someday become fond memories. And that you make many friends.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I always tried telling my mom that no news is good news.

...yeah, she never did go for that.
    ____

Birthdays - you still have those? My standard answer to the 'what do you want for' question is, "How about a whole day of ignoring it?" That is, unless someplace is doing the free dessert for your birthday thing, then maybe...
    I had a fairly happy birthday, I got breakfast in bed, takeout from a favorite place for dinner (which meant I didn't have to cook), new books, the present I wanted, and hubby decided to get me the Ultimate Edition of Feywild because it launched on my birthday. He said it was a sign. I can tell he doesn't care for it much himself, Ravenloft is more his style. I did not get *mumble mumble* I wanted... its on raincheck though. To explain would be TMI.

I had a fairly happy birthday, I got breakfast in bed, takeout from a favorite place for dinner (which meant I didn't have to cook), new books, the present I wanted, and hubby decided to get me the Ultimate Edition of Feywild because it launched on my birthday. He said it was a sign. I can tell he doesn't care for it much himself, Ravenloft is more his style. I did not get *mumble mumble* I wanted... its on raincheck though. To explain would be TMI.
    *nods sagely*

I know what ya mean. Much like my last one. And the one before that. And the one before... and...
    Collectibles

But on a much sadder note....

Alex Trebek has lost his war.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/08/alex-...reatic-cancer/

Collectibles

But on a much sadder note....

Alex Trebek has lost his war.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/08/alex-...reatic-cancer/

was watching SNL Jeopardy skits the other day. i remember the last one they had the real Trebek come on.
    also, a reddit thread sharing memories of him: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...your_favorite/

RIP

You got it! Keep us updated when ya can. ...and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Farewell, wherever you fare till your eyries receive you at the journey's end!

It has been an honour and privilege to have taken even a small role in your life. Please keep us all informed of your progress.
    Thank you, and good luck to you. I hope you have many wonderful, joyful experiences that will someday become fond memories. And that you make many friends.
    thank you for all the kind wishes folks

though it does feel a bit odd to be hearing goodbyes when i'm interacting with y'all through the internet, and don't plan to stop anytime soon

a classic

in quarantine.

is very cushy

in quarantine.

is very cushy

Oh, that does indeed sound horrible!!

Collectibles

Local news:

19-y-o man shot dead in a nearby McDonalds. One I frequent on my trip home from w*** as it's one of the few remaining 24-hour places open around here.

Come to find out, one friend shot another because of a game they'd play. They both carried and they'd play a game where they'd point 'n click their unloaded pistol at each other at random times. This time just happened to be the McD bathroom, and guy forgot his pistol was still loaded.

Sucks for their families, but a clear-cut case of Darwinism in action.
    Collectibles

That's so messed up. One kid is dead and the other's life is ruined because dumb. How do you forget a weapon is loaded? That's like women that get Toxic Shock Syndrome because they "forgot" basic hygiene. I will never understand either situation.

Makes me think of Bohemian Rhapsody.
    Last edited by Aelonwy; 11-11-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Local news:

19-y-o man shot dead in a nearby McDonalds. One I frequent on my trip home from w*** as it's one of the few remaining 24-hour places open around here.

Come to find out, one friend shot another because of a game they'd play. They both carried and they'd play a game where they'd point 'n click their unloaded pistol at each other at random times. This time just happened to be the McD bathroom, and guy forgot his pistol was still loaded.

That's so messed up. One kid is dead and the other's life is ruined because dumb. How do you forget a weapon is loaded? That's like women that get Toxic Shock Syndrome because they "forgot" basic hygiene. I will never understand either situation.

Makes me think of Bohemian Rhapsody.

*In a deep dark bunker something Sleeps... something fierce, and deadly, majestic in its slumber it is a beast best left alone for when agreed it is a truly fearsome sight....

Until... a sound touches its ears
    Local news: 19-y-o man shot dead in a nearby McDonalds. because of a game they'd play. They both carried and they'd play a game where they'd point 'n click their unloaded pistol at each other at random times. This time just happened to be the McD bathroom, and guy forgot his pistol was still loaded.
    and it jerks violently awake!

It rages out of its cave and immediately launches to the attack!

That's so messed up. One kid is dead and the other's life is ruined because dumb. How do you forget a weapon is loaded?
    This makes my blood BOIL!!

To answer your question Aelowny; YOU DON’T! Please understand I am not yelling at you I’m yelling at them...For being STUPID! You treat EVERY weapon you handle as if it were loaded!!! Period. END OF STORY!
    *In Grinch voice, “CUT, Print, Roll the tape!” And you never AND I MEAN NEVER!!!!!
    Point it at anything unless A. You intend to shoot, and or B. You have to.

The mere fact that they did this willingly just Angers me to no end because you are exactly right .
    They have just Destroyed not only their lives, but the lives of the families;
    because of a level of stupidity that is
    “So beyond the level of moronic that it borders on the imbecilic” ~ Captain Amelia
    (Treasure Planet).

This is so moronic it makes Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin look like genius’s.
    And that says something... I am just so equally appalled and yet saddened by this.
    I truly feel so sorry for their families...
    /End rant.
    Last edited by Bekki; 11-12-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Page 267 of 293 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277 ... LastLast