Page 252 of 293 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    I don't recall having any problems when I upgraded (free) my current system from 7 Pro to 10 Pro. When I later reinstalled on a new SSD, I did have to go get that Direct X download thingy to make DDO act right in hi-res, but I had to do that on 7, anyway.
    The comp I ordered got back-ordered for over a month, so cancelled that.

Next week will shop again.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    The comp I ordered got back-ordered for over a month, so cancelled that.

Next week will shop again.
    if you're looking at a desktop CD, i'd encourage you to consider making a custom PC. often far more bang for your buck.
    there are many websites that'll help you put together a build, and there are many suggested builds for various price ranges.

that would require some setting up from your side though, (or from any techie niece/nephew you have lying around)
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

been aching to play DDO again.
    Would love to try out the new content and classes.

Sadly would require too much money from me, and too much catching up to do :\
    If there's a DDO 2 i'd be super happy to jump on it.

[vent]

So, few days ago on Hobbit-side. Trying to force myself to tolerate the unbearable lag just to do some crafting in the Craft Hall. While stacks run, I read & engage in /World chat when it's friendly banter.

Rat-named character and bear-named character are joking around, and bear-named character makes a comment about doing a 'bear fart'. I pipe in with "Better a bear fart than being in the room when the wife and her cat have a fart war."

Gets a couple lols and the conversation moves on.

Few minutes later a GM steps into chat to admonish folks to rein in the offensive banter. Confused, I scrolled back and couldn't find anything remotely offensive other than the mention of farts. So I reply out "You mean fart jokes?" The GM replied and confirmed, then re-explained that we have to be considerate of all players, blah blah. For a fart comment. Not religion, not politics, no nationality bashing, no R/X-ratedness. Farts.

I called the wife in and had her read both what I'd said and the GM response. I got smacked on the shoulder but she laughed and walked out shaking her head. I tried showing it to the cat and he just glared at me for interrupting his nap - but he's old and crotchety, so that was expected.
    [I do smack myself for not grabbing a screenie. Also, not digging at the GM, they just did what they had to do after someone reported the fart jokes.]

Farts.

At least Russell always listens.

Guess I should go watch at least a little of the Chokes/Titans game. Got a big $2 bet on it with the daughter.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-19-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    Collectibles

[vent]

Farts.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but people today are so thin-skinned that kids get suspended for using their imagination. My son got written up and was almost suspended in the first grade for a couple days for playing knights & dragons, and pretend slaying dragons during recess. Apparently using the words kill, slay, hunt or fight are ALL inappropriate even when talking about imaginary creatures. Let that sink in.

Also I'm sure its part of the reason he had such trouble making friends at school because he was afraid to get in trouble for being himself and enjoying the things he likes. Nothing like your teacher, principal and school condemning you for your imaginary play to stifle that impulse summarily.

Sooner or later they are going to ban certain words from our lexicon altogether and we'll only be able to use euphemisms until those hurt someone's feelings too then we'll have to find all new words.

To quote French Kiss, "These people make my *** twitch."
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but people today are so thin-skinned that kids get suspended for using their imagination. My son got written up and was almost suspended in the first grade for a couple days for playing knights & dragons, and pretend slaying dragons during recess. Apparently using the words kill, slay, hunt or fight are ALL inappropriate even when talking about imaginary creatures. Let that sink in.

Also I'm sure its part of the reason he had such trouble making friends at school because he was afraid to get in trouble for being himself and enjoying the things he likes. Nothing like your teacher, principal and school condemning you for your imaginary play to stifle that impulse summarily.

Sooner or later they are going to ban certain words from our lexicon altogether and we'll only be able to use euphemisms until those hurt someone's feelings too then we'll have to find all new words.

To quote French Kiss, "These people make my *** twitch."

Gah, I wish I could say that that story surprises me. ...

I'll just leave it at that. Tho coming soon to a country near you...

Collectibles

[vent]

<- farts ->

<- arts ->
    sigh. there's sensitivity, and then there's... this

Things have been... very bad, for a while.
    several months.

think this might be it for me, to be honest. i've tried a lot, and i do mean a lot of things. but it's been a month of feeling this way now.
    my family knows how i feel, as do others.

think it might be time to call it a night.

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    several months.
    *hugs*
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Not one of our usual palindromic /nabs, but...

Collectibles

Hubby and daughter are at a Superbowl party. Our son, and I have to stay home, 'cause we've got yet another sinus infection. Oh joy. The tissue box count since the beginning of school is up to 9. Although maybe I should subtract at least one for the box our daughter used to make a "snowy" landscape for her dolls.

The party is essentially friends and family in the den around an enormous tv set and the kids in the living room with various games and gaming devices and a huge table in the kitchen of food and drinks between them. On the one hand, I'm going to miss spending time with friends... on the other I remember too well that there are only 2 bathrooms in that house. 1 per ~30 people at these parties. I will not miss that... nope.

Hubby and daughter are at a Superbowl party. Our son, and I have to stay home, 'cause we've got yet another sinus infection. Oh joy. The tissue box count since the beginning of school is up to 9. Although maybe I should subtract at least one for the box our daughter used to make a "snowy" landscape for her dolls.

The party is essentially friends and family in the den around an enormous tv set and the kids in the living room with various games and gaming devices and a huge table in the kitchen of food and drinks between them. On the one hand, I'm going to miss spending time with friends... on the other I remember too well that there are only 2 bathrooms in that house. 1 per ~30 people at these parties. I will not miss that... nope.

One of my work-mates got to the calendar before I did and took last night off. That put me not only working amongst the drunks, but driving a double route through the drunks. ...I guess it's a small plus that they at least were all happy drunks.

If I gave more than a rat's hemorrhoid about pro sports, I guess I'd cheer for the Chokes finally pulling off a big win. Daughter's happy, we bet a dollar on the game and she always bets the Chokes.
    Collectibles

Daughter's happy, we bet a dollar on the game and she always bets the Chokes.
    Congrats.

I'm not a sports person myself. But if I'd been feeling better I would have sat with some friends and family that only drive here for special occasions so my next likely time to see them is Easter. FB is great for keeping on top of events and staying in touch but its not quite the same as being face to face and giving out hugs. Granted I didn't miss any of the most far flung friends and relatives because they wouldn't have come for this anyway but still people that only need 2+hrs to drive to Houston don't come all that often either.

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    several months.

think this might be it for me, to be honest. i've tried a lot, and i do mean a lot of things. but it's been a month of feeling this way now.
    my family knows how i feel, as do others.

think it might be time to call it a night.
    -snip-

just some heavy stuff.

sigh.
    Last edited by doomboyv2; 02-04-2020 at 02:08 PM.

On a lighter note...

Collectibles

They added a new window cover ad to their new Chuck Norris theme.

Chuck busting through a window with his... hot dog.

I'll let you make your own jokes.
    Collectibles

You should have heard my daughter last night. I made Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. I've made it before but I maybe cook it 2-3 times a year. Its very rich, and you can end up feeling stuffed sick from a single bowl. She didn't remember having it before and she was just slurping it up gushing about how it was her favorite now forever and ever. "Parmesan, noodles... and chicken?! Did you invent this for me?!" Parmesan is her favorite cheese by the way and she hasn't met a cheese she dislikes yet.

You should have heard my daughter last night. ...
    I can imagine that.

I'm guessing she hasn't met some of the more pungent cheeses like bleu?

(So 'bleu' cheese is spelled 'blue' now?)
    Collectibles

wish i could sleep through tomorrow.
    it's just gonna make me more depressed.

I can imagine that.

I'm guessing she hasn't met some of the more pungent cheeses like bleu?

(So 'bleu' cheese is spelled 'blue' now?)
    No. Bleu Cheese gives me indigestion (bloating mostly), I don't think we've had Limburger, but she had one I thought smelled very strongly at a specialty sandwich shop as a grilled cheese last summer. I forget what it was, some kind of smoked cheese, it had a dark rind on it and smelled like bad yogurt to me but she said it tasted like liquid bacon. I still don't know how I feel about the concept of liquid bacon.

Page 252 of 293 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262 ... LastLast