Page 197 of 293 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    *Sophie the Cat Burglar walks into the tavern, ....
    Always wondered if there was much profit in burgling cats.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Either Gold Coins have become rarer than hen's teeth, or my secret coin loot score has been nerfed. Been casually wandering along last couple weeks, but actually did some chest raiding today like thru Irestone a couple times & other places. Hours worth. 1 Gold.

Maybe I'll just go scrub the kitchen floor, instead.

Actually gotta get busy packing up my junk. Looking like the house deal is going thru. Seller has agreed to all the repairs we listed out, and few extra that VA requested on their appraisal - and is all still on schedule for Jan 8th closing.
    CD gettin' th' heck outta the city!
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    CD gettin' th' heck outta the city!
    Awesome CD.

Got invited to the Christmas Cookie (exchange) party again, the one where we all bake 2 dozen or so of our favorite cookies and trade them. This year I think they'll get plain sugar cookies or something... my feelings were hurt when they liked those nasty crackers covered in chocolate and semi burnt caramel over my ginger snaps. One of the morning talk shows my mom watches was even gushing over "Christmas Crack" as they have named it. I didn't care for it. To be fair, my husband says I'm a chocolate snob, and a cookie critic. Whereas, he'll eat anything made with sugar.

Yes, sugar cookies is what they'll get... and I'll have the kidos decorate them. Mwahahahahaha!
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Awesome CD.

Got invited to the Christmas Cookie (exchange) party again, the one where we all bake 2 dozen or so of our favorite cookies and trade them. This year I think they'll get plain sugar cookies or something... my feelings were hurt when they liked those nasty crackers covered in chocolate and semi burnt caramel over my ginger snaps. One of the morning talk shows my mom watches was even gushing over "Christmas Crack" as they have named it. I didn't care for it. To be fair, my husband says I'm a chocolate snob, and a cookie critic. Whereas, he'll eat anything made with sugar.

Yes, sugar cookies is what they'll get... and I'll have the kidos decorate them. Mwahahahahaha!
    How about these:
    http://www.trollstugan.se/news/skåne-gingerbread/

*Sophie the Cat Burglar enters the tavern, orders herself some fresh pressed apple cider, then finds a comfortable seat in a quiet corner. She removes a journal, ink well, and quill from her smallish backpack, sets them upon the table, and begins writing something or other.*

Always wondered if there was much profit in burgling cats.
    The funny thing is, I do not like cats and neither does my avatar. In one of my stories I mention this fact and that I find the label 'cat burglar' rather annoying.

Well, it's the 25th here, so Merry Christmas to you folks who celebrate it!

I mostly enjoy this time for the holidays, but it seems sis has something for me this year. She was in a 'Bad Santa' thing, and managed to get me a Parrot Mamabo Drone
    So I'm looking forward to her visit in Jan :P

Otherwise have a break from college. Doing some personal work in the meantime.

Also, remembered I had an account on a crypto-mining farm. Checked, and I had 0.009BTC. Not insane, but gives me some nice spending money, especially considering it's more in India. Had to deposit around $19 because it was a free account, and I couldn't withdraw without some investment. Which means it's started mining for me again.
    (Not a scam, I've successfully cashed out. Checked it thoroughly beforehand.)

Gonna buy a Rainbow Six Siege Year pass, and a few games in the steam sale, and set aside the rest to save. I'm happy that I'm getting better with managing my money. Better now than later.

Other than that, not much else going on. Been wanting to get a second tattoo, but want to think it over some more before I decide. No sense rushing into it.

Oh, and a picture of the drone, pulled from the 'net.

(It's a small drone, bit bigger than a hand. The launcher fires little plastic balls, and the grabber can hold a note, or a stick of gum or something. Apparently you can also program it, which I plan to explore.)
    "May the flamin' force be with you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    Hmmm well I enjoy my thin, crisp, dissolves in your mouth ginger snaps, but you've made me curious. Its such a large recipe though. I have been invited to a just-after-Christmas wedding... hmm... well we'll see.

My husband vetoed the sugar cookies by the way so I'm making chocolate chip and letting the kids decorate those.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

25th passing across the states now, so let's start this day off right...

Collectibles

My husband vetoed the sugar cookies by the way so I'm making chocolate chip and letting the kids decorate those.
    Could always make... both? I like both. I know I don't get no vote, but I'd totally lobby for both. I mean, if there was like a lobby for such things, or something.

Collectibles

So something is really irking me about Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

The main character, an Ultramarines Captain, goes into battle... without a helmet.

Why. The game doesn't start off with you stranded after combat, but you're going in a drop ship from a reinforcement fleet.

So why wouldn't he wear a helmet? You're going against orks, you'll get shot like that!

Really annoying me -.-
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post

The main character, an Ultramarines Captain, goes into battle... without a helmet.

Why. The game doesn't start off with you stranded after combat, but you're going in a drop ship from a reinforcement fleet.

So why wouldn't he wear a helmet? You're going against orks, you'll get shot like that!

Really annoying me -.-
    If I remember correctly most of the figures for "heroes" in warhammer don't have helmets. Apparently for tough guys looks is more important than head... Or maybe headshots just are not that bad for them.

Really annoying me -.-
    Beautiful people count on the hesitation others have about destroying something beautiful.

Don't listen to me, I don't play those games. So I have no idea how "glamorous" the heroes look but Drelak is probably right that the designer's were going for an attractiveness over practical approach.

Really annoying me -.-
    Is this a computer game version of Warhammer or the tabletop version with miniatures?

If the latter, find a figure with a helmet you like, lop off the heads of both figures, and swap 'em. I would also add a connecting pin from head to body (use a pin vise) and use some putty to clean up the seams. They can take it. They're Space Marines!

Note to anyone trying this: Never attempt to solder metal miniature parts. You will end up with a very hot puddle of slag that will burn a hole in your new dress and proceed to burn a hole through you. Much screaming and dancing will also ensue. (It really hurts.) Rough up the surfaces to bond and connect them with a good two part epoxy. Do not use super glue. That only works for static models. It will not hold up to regular game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    If I remember correctly most of the figures for "heroes" in warhammer don't have helmets. Apparently for tough guys looks is more important than head... Or maybe headshots just are not that bad for them.
    all the more amusing, considering that one of his squadmates has evidently had half his face sheared off and replaced with a metal plate.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post

Note to anyone trying this: Never attempt to solder metal miniature parts. You will end up with a very hot puddle of slag that will burn a hole in your new dress and proceed to burn a hole through you. Much screaming and dancing will also ensue. (It really hurts.) ....
    Aw, we always miss the fun stuff.
    Collectibles

Could always make... both? I like both. I know I don't get no vote, but I'd totally lobby for both. I mean, if there was like a lobby for such things, or something.

Well the christmas decorated chocolate chip were way more of a hit than I expected. Good thing I kept the two largest, most decorated ones for Santa. Not that hubby... I mean Santa, didn't chow down on a selection of various other cookies and treats we got from the party. In fact he ate so many of the treats that night that I had to make more Christmas day for family that came over and had Christmas dinner with us. Christmas day I made Andes Mint chocolate chip cookies because I was all out of regular chocolate chips, and brown sugar.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
    And a Happy New Years!!!

Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Well the christmas decorated chocolate chip were way more of a hit than I expected. Good thing I kept the two largest, most decorated ones for Santa. Not that hubby... I mean Santa, didn't chow down on a selection of various other cookies and treats we got from the party. In fact he ate so many of the treats that night that I had to make more Christmas day for family that came over and had Christmas dinner with us. Christmas day I made Andes Mint chocolate chip cookies because I was all out of regular chocolate chips, and brown sugar.
    It's a hubby's job, eating the cookies. It's a tough under-appreciated job, but one a proper hubby takes very seriously. *nods sagely*

Andes mint chip cookies sound awesome!

Made several huge batches of pumpkin bread here. Shared with neighbors. Got back peanut clusters from one, and peanut-butter rice crispie treats from another. It was a good year.

Collectibles

Song came on the radio last night hadn't heard in ages...

(get your headphones on youngsters)

Collectibles

Page 197 of 293 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast