Page 178 of 293 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 5859

last class in my Trends in History course tomorrow.
    we're studying history in video games

i'm going to be play Battlefield 1 and Wolfenstein to show the class.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    last class in my Trends in History course tomorrow.
    we're studying history in video games

i'm going to be play Battlefield 1 and Wolfenstein to show the class.
    Wolfenstein. Oh dear lord that brings back memories.

Of my wife watching me over my shoulder, then suddenly running for the bathroom.

*chuckles evilly

Morning all.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Course, don't get me wrong - just about any cookie is fair game, raisins or no raisins.
    Yeah, that's about my feeling, especially since I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't care for most cake... but cookies... mmmm yummy.

Btw Pineapple upside down cake is one I like... so *nabs muffin*.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

*Cleans up stale leftovers.*

*Sets out afternoon Friday snacks.*

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Good morning everyone! (It is around 1 pm here.)
    Thanks for sympathy.

WorldCon is happening about two hour drive away from here, but it was sold out before day passes were available. They sold only 6100 tickets... Lots of Finns would have attended now.

Update to previous story about car accident: We drove the car to experts, and cost estimate is about 2500€. Luckily insurance should cover all but 150€. I won't be complaining about car insurace cost any time soon.

We are planning of attending an art exhibition today. Artist is a bear named Juuso. There are also bear themed work from other artists. Some picture can be found behind the link:
    http://www.kuhmoinen.fi/vapaa-aika/k.../riihigalleria

Good morning everyone.

School starts in just two days... been running around getting everything my littles need. My daughter will be starting Kindergarten. We've been having her practice writing her alphabet, first and last name, counting, addition and some subtraction. Every one of her practice papers starts out nice and neat with several lines properly written and somewhere about the third or fourth repetition is starts getting shaky, erratic and devolves into doodles and drawings. No matter how many times I correct her though she won't hold her pencil properly. She curls her whole hand around it like a fist.

Oh well, wish them luck for the year.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Good morning everyone.

School starts in just two days... been running around getting everything my littles need. My daughter will be starting Kindergarten. We've been having her practice writing her alphabet, first and last name, counting, addition and some subtraction. Every one of her practice papers starts out nice and neat with several lines properly written and somewhere about the third or fourth repetition is starts getting shaky, erratic and devolves into doodles and drawings. No matter how many times I correct her though she won't hold her pencil properly. She curls her whole hand around it like a fist.

Oh well, wish them luck for the year.
    Oh dear lord I remember those days.

Three or four lines sounds about right if memory serves, both of my boys had about the same attention span when they started kindergarten.

Best of luck to them, and you letting her go that first day...

was watching a GDQ speedrun, and saw one of the runners had their grandma on the couch, was awesome to see

*Sets out afternoon Tuesday snacks.*

First year in ever that I won't be driving my Jeep to Gen Con. Nobody can find the root cause of my Death Wobble.
    Collectibles

finally finished the pagination of my manuscript, along with the title. going to commission the cover in a bit, then... just send it in.

i chose the final title to be: "The Bathroom Door (and One Other Story)" because I felt that it would rouse people's curiosity enough to at least check it out.

it's close to 90 pages, so i was thinking of pricing it at $10 print and $5 ebook. is that too much? the indian prices are easy to set, but i'm unfamiliar with USD pricing.

I went by looking at the minimum price and bumping it up a bit.
    Last edited by doomboyv2; 08-15-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    finally finished the pagination of my manuscript, along with the title. going to commission the cover in a bit, then... just send it in.

i chose the final title to be: "The Bathroom Door (and One Other Story)" because I felt that it would rouse people's curiosity enough to at least check it out.

it's close to 90 pages, so i was thinking of pricing it at $10 print and $5 ebook. is that too much? the indian prices are easy to set, but i'm unfamiliar with USD pricing.

I went by looking at the minimum price and bumping it up a bit.
    Congratulations!
    Pricing is always tricky. I'd keep price really low at first, so people would buy on a whim and get largest posible audience to get known quickly. I feel that young people are most ready to try new things, but they have very little money. Later when they are richer they can pay more for your books. But then I am not from US.

News story ran local here for the cop who was shot in Clinton, MO.
    Editor should've been paying better attention.

Collectibles

*Sets out afternoon Tuesday snacks.*

First year in ever that I won't be driving my Jeep to Gen Con. Nobody can find the root cause of my Death Wobble.
    Bummer

I recken they've ruled out the useual suspects?

Tie Rod bushings, wheel bearings, power steering gearbox, steering stabilizers, etc?
    Last edited by Bekki; 08-15-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    Bummer

I recken they've ruled out the useual suspects?

Tie Rod bushings, wheel bearings, power steering gearbox, steering stabilizers, etc?
    Heya!
    how was da trip?

Yeah, as far as I know. There is a possibility of bolt holes being ovalled out some which I don't think I've gotten them to check specifically.

One of these days I'll have a real garage again like a big boy, and my tools out of storage.
    Collectibles

* A very tanned Bekki wanders in...
    * Hangs up his hat and heads to the bar...
    * Pauses at the Bar and rests his hands and his forehead on the bar...
    * Raises his head and takes a deep Breath....

"I'm home."

*Says hello to Russel

* Throws a treat to Mokat

"How ya doing guys?"

*Sets up and restocks...

*Sets up and restocks...

*Preps the food and drinks for the day...

*Pours morning drinks for all...

Good Morning All!
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Heya!
    how was da trip?

Yeah, as far as I know. There is a possibility of bolt holes being ovalled out some which I don't think I've gotten them to check specifically.

One of these days I'll have a real garage again like a big boy, and my tools out of storage.
    It was awesome.

But it felt very short.

Good morning all.

Vacations always feel short. If only we could add some of the dentist-waiting-room-time, or DPS-line-time to them... there's an extra week in there I'm sure.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

*Pours morning drinks for all...

Good Morning All!

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    ARRRRrrrrr....

ARRRRrrrrr....
    WB Bekki, did you have fun...

Oh.

Wait.

Philippines.

Nevermind ;P

Page 178 of 293 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast