Page 159 of 293 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Afternoon all.

So keep a wary eye out for trouble starting at age 12? Gee, I don't have too many years to prepare before my son is in that zone. *starts building barricades* Never too early to prepare. ;p
    It all balances out.

"Look, mom! I got a chest hair!"
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Default The continuing adventures of a little girl cleric...

So my little girl and I finally finished the Red Fens series. There were a lot of stops and starts because every time we entered she wanted to go search for rainbows and pots of gold. She hunted down waterfalls to decide which were the best water slides. She also runs away from mudmen and oozes which makes leading her to locations and quest entrances a zig-zaggy process. She found a deep spot in the swamp water today and complained for the next few minutes that some got in her mouth all the while making pretend coughs.

Did you know all the pink Sauhaugin are girls? She has decided it is so, and so it must be. Many, many sauhaugin received Searing Light to the face, and I feel any day now the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Marine Humanoids is going to have serious words with us.

Finally getting her all the way through Claw of the Vulkoor took monumental effort, from both of us, she just isn't coordinated enough for the jumping. Fathom the Depths was very amusing, especially letting her hit the lever that released the water... she almost toppled out of the computer chair in her startlement. There was momentary panic until she realized we both had water breathing items then she was very excited about a quest with so much swimming. She also liked freeing the slaves from the fishfaces. I was very proud of her when we had finally circled back to the first room and she recognized it as where we began even with the water walls down. By the way she really liked the walls of water and the way the light rippled and reflected in this quest.

Into the Deep. The last quest took us almost two hours. Why, you ask? Because there was so much for her to explore and look at here. Maybe someday the devs can make a wilderness area that is almost exclusively underwater because that was approximately how she treated this quest. It would help I think if they could make it more like "flying" underwater so that you could could go up and down in the water like the sauhaugin do. She enjoyed picking plants and finding shells with pearls. She kept pointing out all the colorful fish schools that swam past us. She insisted the blue ones were Dory and her family. Swimming in magic bubbles, and making *blup blup* noises. At first she wouldn't let me talk, because she insisted she wouldn't be able to understand or hear me underwater. Eventually, I got through to her that the "magic bubbles" allowed us to communicate. She *pretends* more seriously than I do.

I'm not sure how much of the story-line she understood even though I read all the dialogue to her. She rightly pointed out the good fishguys were difficult to tell from the bad fishguys except that the bad ones attack when they see you. Maybe the good guys should have been an absolutely unique color, or wear a particular item that none of the bad guys wear. I know most/all the good guys were blue but some of the bad guys were too so that didn't really help. For her end reward she got a Sacred Helm which I told her was made from a large seashell, like the conch shell in our bay window.

All in all, I think when she racks up enough points from just playing, that Red Fens will go on the list of packs she should get... based on enjoyment criteria alone.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    ... She *pretends* more seriously than I do....
    I chuckled out loud at that one.

It's her job, mom.
    Collectibles

So... Ex passes me the info on this years Real Voices conference for special needs. The one at Tan-Tar-A resort.

Yeah. Guess what weekend it falls on?

So cancel Gen Con downtown hotel cuz I can't shorten it to a 2-day stay, and I'm NOT paying $200 dollars for a night I won't get to use.**
    Reserve a suburban hotel room for 2 nights. (Cuts cost down from 740 to 165.)
    Will now leave Indy Saturday evening, drive home. (10 hours)
    Pick up ex & youngest, turn around drive 3 more hours to resort for check in.

Heh. Guess who's gonna be sleeping thru the first day of seminars.

**Whoever was first on the Omni waiting list - you're welcome.
    Collectibles

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Looks around, notices everything in the same place as yesterday...
    "Wow! That's what I call a quiet day."
    *Shrugs...
    *Sets up and restocks... refreshes all the drinks and food...

Morning All !!!
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    8<snip>8
    *Looks around, notices everything in the same place as yesterday...
    *Shrugs...
    *Sets up and restocks... refreshes all the drinks and food...
    8<snip>8
    *walks thru and moves things three inches in random directions

Morning all.

Well I have a chest cold and you know that old saying... "When Mom is sick nothing gets done."

*orders hot tea with lemon and honey*

I'll cough over here in the corner.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

*Shrugs...
    Just cuz I got here before you did yesterday.

Last night's big excitement...

Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Just cuz I got here before you did yesterday.

Last night's big excitement...

Wow!
    My 2003 is catching up to you.... it's approaching 150,000...

Wow!
    My 2003 is catching up to you.... it's approaching 150,000...
    Yeah, I been slacking off on leveling my Jeep. Been running the Escape alt cuz of the sat radio. Escape just passed 100K about a week ago.
    Collectibles

*walks in, and trips over table leg*

hey, who moved that table three inches to the left?

two weeks to college finals.
    then summer school in july. hoo boy.

sent in my application to be an orientation week volunteer. if i get in, i'll get to guide the young juniors when they join mid august.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    *walks in, and trips over table leg*

hey, who moved that table three inches to the left?

two weeks to college finals.
    then summer school in july. hoo boy.

sent in my application to be an orientation week volunteer. if i get in, i'll get to guide the young juniors when they join mid august.
    *toses an ice pack your way

Ummmmm, dunno.

*wanders around, moving things three inches in random directions some more

*Casts a stern eye Phoenicis' direction...
    *Waggles a heavy finger at Phoenicis...
    "Now that you've had your fun... you can put everything back..."

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!

*Casts a stern eye Phoenicis' direction...
    *Waggles a heavy finger at Phoenicis...
    "Now that you've had your fun... you can put everything back..."
    *grins wickedly

OK.

*wanders around moving things three inches in different random directions

What? you expect me to remember which random direction I moved them the first time?

Bad Lip Reading. (Few weeks old)

Collectibles

Now I remember what In was gonna post before everyone went home for the weekend. Heh. Remember the uproar about GTA: Vice City when the car started bouncing while your character was in there with an (alledged) prostitute? (She was never formally charged.)

Saw this commercial air yesterday...

Last edited by cdbd3rd; 04-28-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    Collectibles

finals week is around the corner. a friend of mine, let's call her M, has been rather stressed lately.

seems she's pulling around though, now. she was pretty excited, and that was nice to see. was sitting in the mess hall and reading a book at around midnight when she came by.
    seems she was taking a break, so we talked for a bit.

i've tried to look out for her, just make sure she was okay.

she told me something that's lingered in my mind. seems for most of last month, she held the opinion that men were disgusting pigs, driven by lust and whatnot.
    apparently i was one of the people who sort of stood out as a counterexample. said i was a genuinely good person, which felt really nice to hear.
    then she straightened her three middle fingers, kissed them and placed them against my cheek, and went back to work.
    friend told me that's a way of showing trust.

just... felt nice.

i have another friend who's recovering after she was sexually... molested, or something. she doesn't want to discuss it and i won't pry. hope she can also pull around, hopefully the upcoming summer break will give her enough time to seek counseling and recover.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    finals week is around the corner. a friend of mine, let's call her M, has been rather stressed lately.

seems she's pulling around though, now. she was pretty excited, and that was nice to see. was sitting in the mess hall and reading a book at around midnight when she came by.
    seems she was taking a break, so we talked for a bit.

i've tried to look out for her, just make sure she was okay.

she told me something that's lingered in my mind. seems for most of last month, she held the opinion that men were disgusting pigs, driven by lust and whatnot.
    apparently i was one of the people who sort of stood out as a counterexample. said i was a genuinely good person, which felt really nice to hear.
    then she straightened her three middle fingers, kissed them and placed them against my cheek, and went back to work.
    friend told me that's a way of showing trust.

just... felt nice.

i have another friend who's recovering after she was sexually... molested, or something. she doesn't want to discuss it and i won't pry. hope she can also pull around, hopefully the upcoming summer break will give her enough time to seek counseling and recover.
    Unfortunately, she is in many cases, not all, but many cases correct. That she could/would speak of that feeling to you speaks volumes for the level of trust and respect she has for you.

The reason behind her impression is SO many men have no/poor role models for how to behave. Why THAT has happened, well, I have my opinions, but I'll leave that to the individual to reason out.

That said, good on ya for being one of the good ones.

Page 159 of 293 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast