Page 140 of 293 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by issiana View Post
    Finally worked out my photobucket account details
    At last I can share where i now live. so much better than the city.

<pretty pic>

This is the view from my deck. Its the little estuary at the mouth of the ashley river. Its so nice waking to this view and listening to the swans doing swan stuff out in the estuary. The sand dunes ahead lead to....

<another pretty pic>

BTW this is a busy day on the beach .. err my back door step
    needless to say i'm enjoying the time alone in such a wonderful location. Late at night the stars are so bright with no city lights to pollute the air.
    That looks very nice. Is it safe to swim there, or do you have crocogators or something?
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Finally worked out my photobucket account details
    At last I can share where i now live. so much better than the city.

[IMG]...[/IMG]

This is the view from my deck. Its the little estuary at the mouth of the ashley river. Its so nice waking to this view and listening to the swans doing swan stuff out in the estuary. The sand dunes ahead lead to....

[IMG]...[/IMG]

needless to say i'm enjoying the time alone in such a wonderful location. Late at night the stars are so bright with no city lights to pollute the air.

That (those). Spot(s). Look(-s). AWESOME!!!!
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 02-17-2017 at 06:52 AM. Reason: pluralz iz hard.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    That looks very nice. Is it safe to swim there, or do you have crocogators or something?
    What? No sense of adventure?
    Collectibles

Morning all.

Do what Betty White would do... get on a pier, wiggle your toes in the water and feed them raw chicken. ;p
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...

*Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post

*Pours morning drinks for all...

*Drops an ice cube in his morning Mt Dew.*

A spur-of-the-moment impulse buy on Amazon. The mold looked cool, but in practice.... real pain to unmold. Not worth the effort more than once.
    Collectibles

I see ticket prices to NZ have come down a lot since the last time I looked...

Round trips in the 1200-1500 range.
    Collectibles

Community Member

no ex wives swim in that lagoon

but jokes aside we have nothing in NZ that likes raw chicken per say, so yes totally safe to swim in, just a tad cold at times and a bit windy at others. But on the whole it's awesome as CD says and is making me think very seriously about staying long term and dropping my plans of a remote country retreat with horsie paddock as part of it. I will still get my horse but might graze it close by.

To many decisions atm with to much angst from the exogatorwive to plan anything atm apart from cuddling up to miss vodka and mister scotch hehe.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    I see ticket prices to NZ have come down a lot since the last time I looked...

Round trips in the 1200-1500 range.
    I know right!

I've been invited to a blokes week in vegas and LA in november and have decided to do it. No idea how i can afford it at this stage but screw it, I've always wanted to see the grand canyon so i'm coming over

Quote Originally Posted by IssianasGhost View Post
    I know right!

I've been invited to a blokes week in vegas and LA in november and have decided to do it. No idea how i can afford it at this stage but screw it, I've always wanted to see the grand canyon so i'm coming over
    Hurry over before OSHA declares it a safety hazard and fills it in.

*Drops an ice cube in his morning Mt Dew.*

<pic>

A spur-of-the-moment impulse buy on Amazon. The mold looked cool, but in practice.... real pain to unmold. Not worth the effort more than once.
    You say that now, but you will make more. It is just too cute not to.

Quote Originally Posted by IssianasGhost View Post
    I know right!

Well worth the trip, it is a once in a lifetime sight.

I think I shared some pics here somewhere...
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Here they go...

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    Grand Canyon Trip 2016

As Promised here are some Grand Canyon pics from our trip.

First two are from the Canyon Rim trail by Mathers point.

And one of me and the Mrs.

You say that now, but you will make more. It is just too cute not to.
    Maybe, but probly not. Upon a relook at the mold, I realized many of the facets actually angle inwards in the bottom half of the mold. By the time one can get enough surface melt to slide out, it's not a d20 any more. It's just a big angly piece of ice.

Can see those errant facets here:

Collectibles

Hurry over before OSHA declares it a safety hazard and fills it in.
    Don't give em any ideas!!!

Tho, if they just filled in the bottom end, it would make an ASWESOME lake.

Hm. Could hold a lot of that glacial runoff that they say is gonna raise the ocean levels when global warming really gets going. (He says while enjoying 70° weather in the middle of winter)
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 02-18-2017 at 05:21 AM.
    Collectibles

Maybe, but probly not. Upon a relook at the mold, I realized many of the facets actually angle inwards in the bottom half of the mold. By the time one can get enough surface melt to slide out, it's not a d20 any more. It's just a big angly piece of ice.

Then design and make a better mold. Three pieces instead of two, and be sure to file the patent and related papers.

*make the bottom like the top, but without the hole. The middle ring will have the same lip on both edges.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 02-18-2017 at 06:20 AM.

another classic example of misleading photos.

However the GC ones Bekki posted certainly wont be
    Somedays your the Bug
    Somedays your the Windscreen.

Then design and make a better mold. Three pieces instead of two, and be sure to file the patent and related papers.

*make the bottom like the top, but without the hole. ....
    Gotta have a hole somewhere to vent the air and allow the mold to completely fill.

Not enough motivation to do a re-design.

Collectibles

Hey guys, long time no see.
    college is going well. programming classes are a breeze, and the math classes aren't too bad either.

did a little something for Valentine's day. helped mum make some 6 batches of marshmallows, divvied it up into around 32 to 33 bags, and did deliveries on behalf of people (in college). i had set max orders to 25, ended up doing 27. 4 to men's rooms, and 23 to girls :P
    was pretty funny, as i delivered them at 9 am, so the girl would be all grumpy when answering the door, then light up when i gave her the marshmallows :P

of the remaining, I gave 2 to people who helped me deliver, a few to the volunteers for our college fest (was the first day of our fest), and, yes, one to a certain young lady
    "May the flamin' force be with you!"

Quote Originally Posted by doomboy View Post
    Hey guys, long time no see.
    college is going well. programming classes are a breeze, and the math classes aren't too bad either.

did a little something for Valentine's day. helped mum make some 6 batches of marshmallows, divvied it up into around 32 to 33 bags, and did deliveries on behalf of people (in college). i had set max orders to 25, ended up doing 27. 4 to men's rooms, and 23 to girls :P
    was pretty funny, as i delivered them at 9 am, so the girl would be all grumpy when answering the door, then light up when i gave her the marshmallows :P

of the remaining, I gave 2 to people who helped me deliver, a few to the volunteers for our college fest (was the first day of our fest), and, yes, one to a certain young lady
    Nice work, DB.

Page 140 of 293 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast