Page 132 of 293 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 5859

[QUOTE=Tscheuss;5918492]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post

An empty ship on the open sea?
    Know ye well it's pirates they be.
    Well said milady
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Good evening.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

hey guys. how's it going?
    college hasn't started yet. mostly just passing the time till it comes.

started watching anime again. saw some good ones, especially one called ReLife. it follows a guy who takes a pill to look around 10 years younger, and attends the last year of high school as part of an experiment. very interesting series.

i've got an offer to publish my stories. i just need to edit them and send them in, then they'll be made available as an ebook or a paperback, on a print on order basis. yet...

i don't know where this is coming from, but i just don't have any confidence in them. just feel low even thinking about them, and just... i don't know.

feeling same way about life, to an extent. i don't know why, i mean, studies are fine (managing so much more easily in college), and i'm getting enough free time to relax, but... just feeling lonely.

not for lack of friends, but lack of certain companionship. ah geez, it sounds pathetic, i know, and saying to others isn't likely to help, so it's why i'm only tell you guys. i feel like i've had good fortune in life in general, just that it completely drops off when romance is concerned. not like i haven't tried, but... yeah.

anyways. any good anime series i should watch? i know Gintama (one of my all time favourites) has started a new season, but i still want some comedy ones. preferably outside of high school. kinda sick of that.

i'm also open to good movies, animated or not. been watching some, like Forrest Gump and the like. wasn't too impressed by the Breakfast Club, but i could definitely appreciate the quality of writing, acting, just... everything. it just didn't evoke anything special in me.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Hang in there, DB. Either the publishing will work out, or you will get feedback on how to improve your work. As for the companionship, have you considered going traditional with arrangement? Talk with your parents.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!
    Good morning, venerable sir. *bows*

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Hang in there, DB. Either the publishing will work out, or you will get feedback on how to improve your work. As for the companionship, have you considered going traditional with arrangement? Talk with your parents.
    heh, that kind of stuff's just for marriage. besides, i'm just a college first year.

as for the publishing, it's definitely happening. i just need to make sure my work is in ship shape.

Good morning everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    heh, that kind of stuff's just for marriage. besides, i'm just a college first year.

as for the publishing, it's definitely happening. i just need to make sure my work is in ship shape.
    I don't really know you and I'm socially awkward so I can't give romantic advice. Humor and kindness were the characteristics that won me. But I've seen an insane amount of movies. Do you have a favorite genre? I like comedies, fantasy, and action/adventure best, preferably all three together, but I also watch family, sci-fi, historical, some supernatural/horror but not serial killer stuff more like non-gore haunting which seems to have gone out of style. Any of those genres interest you? What I recommend might be considered classics now-a-days.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

.... ReLife. it follows a guy who takes a pill to look around 10 years younger, and attends the last year of high school as part of an experiment. ....
    I'm sure they'd make a law against that in "ReLife" ...(RL)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

"venerable"??

Bring forth the Pill of ReLife!

--------------

Also...

Postcount nab:

Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-11-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Good morning everybody.

I don't really know you and I'm socially awkward so I can't give romantic advice. Humor and kindness were the characteristics that won me. But I've seen an insane amount of movies. Do you have a favorite genre? I like comedies, fantasy, and action/adventure best, preferably all three together, but I also watch family, sci-fi, historical, some supernatural/horror but not serial killer stuff more like non-gore haunting which seems to have gone out of style. Any of those genres interest you? What I recommend might be considered classics now-a-days.
    my favourite genres are comedy and action, though i don't mind dramas. i'm not too big a fan of horror movies, my imagination tends to go a bit wild.

Finished reading Girls of the Wild's in just 24 hours. man. that story had me totally hooked. was reading till 6 am, then as soon as i woke up i kept reading till i finished it.
    http://www.webtoons.com/en/action/gi...st?title_no=93 <- link if you want to see it.

Hello DB

started watching anime again. saw some good ones, especially one called ReLife. it follows a guy who takes a pill to look around 10 years younger, and attends the last year of high school as part of an experiment. very interesting series.
    As a high school teacher I must say that sounds really awful idea. The kids are messed up enough already.

i've got an offer to publish my stories. i just need to edit them and send them in, then they'll be made available as an ebook or a paperback, on a print on order basis. yet...
    Congratulations!

i don't know where this is coming from, but i just don't have any confidence in them. just feel low even thinking about them, and just... i don't know.

feeling same way about life, to an extent. i don't know why, i mean, studies are fine (managing so much more easily in college), and i'm getting enough free time to relax, but... just feeling lonely.

not for lack of friends, but lack of certain companionship. ah geez, it sounds pathetic, i know, and saying to others isn't likely to help, so it's why i'm only tell you guys. i feel like i've had good fortune in life in general, just that it completely drops off when romance is concerned. not like i haven't tried, but... yeah.
    Everyone needs some friends that can be trusted to help when need is greatest and people around get scarse.
    People who can be told the things secret even from oneself. People who make us feel at ease, that we belong and are accepted just as we are.

Some courting advise then maybe: remember to be yourself, so that the other person learns to love real you.
    Everyone needs acceptance, so if you have some extra acceptance and kind words to share, people want to hang around with you. Having a mutual hobby and compatible personalities means time spent together and time spent together make romances happen. When you know you really like to be with someone it is time to ask her for a date, if it seems feelings are mutual. Somone will fall in love for you, but don't rush it.

i'm also open to good movies, animated or not. been watching some, like Forrest Gump and the like. wasn't too impressed by the Breakfast Club, but i could definitely appreciate the quality of writing, acting, just... everything. it just didn't evoke anything special in me.
    I'll recommend some webcomics: of course Girl Genius http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/
    and then a local post-apocalyptic exploration adventure:http://www.sssscomic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    ... a local post-apocalyptic exploration adventure:http://www.sssscomic.com/
    In an intriguing coincidence...

It was a good morning to sleep (like most of them are), but the dreaming this morning took me back to Tan-Tar-A resort again, but this time it was set up that everything outside the main building was paintball zombie apocalypse - including getting back 'n forth to/from our cabin. There was a real feel of danger to it, like I think they were using real zombies...

Sometimes waking up really sux.
    Collectibles

my favourite genres are comedy and action, though i don't mind dramas. i'm not too big a fan of horror movies, my imagination tends to go a bit wild.
    Comedy and Action. Okay, I warn you my sense of humor is eclectic and sometimes ribald.
    You could try Knights of Badassdom, its campy but fun there is a some gore but in an over-the-top ridiculous manner. Your Highness the unrated version is also quite humorous absolutely not for mixed company. I'm sorry about the muppet scene. That was just too much, even for me.

Yellow Beard
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Johnny Dangerously
    Kung Fu Hustle
    Midnight Madness
    Under the Rainbow
    Grosse Pointe Blank
    Galaxy Quest
    The Pirate Movie
    Ice Pirates
    A Million Ways to Die in the West
    Romancing the Stone
    Speed Racer (live action movie)
    Cannonball Run
    A Fish Called Wanda/Fierce Creatures
    True Lies
    The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
    Super Troopers
    The Man Who Knew Too Little
    anything by Mel Brooks, except Silent Movie

okay that's everything that initially comes to mind as action-comedy, romantic comedy would be a completely different list, and I wasn't sure about including the real classics like Some Like it Hot or Arsenic and Old Lace, there are also some brainless tween comedies I enjoy but they don't have much action.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Comedy and Action. Okay, I warn you my sense of humor is eclectic and sometimes ribald.
    You could try Knights of Badassdom, its campy but fun there is a some gore but in an over-the-top ridiculous manner. Your Highness the unrated version is also quite humorous absolutely not for mixed company. I'm sorry about the muppet scene. That was just too much, even for me.

Yellow Beard
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Johnny Dangerously
    Kung Fu Hustle
    Midnight Madness
    Under the Rainbow
    Grosse Pointe Blank
    Galaxy Quest
    The Pirate Movie
    Ice Pirates
    A Million Ways to Die in the West
    Romancing the Stone
    Speed Racer (live action movie)
    Cannonball Run
    A Fish Called Wanda/Fierce Creatures
    True Lies
    The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
    Super Troopers
    The Man Who Knew Too Little
    anything by Mel Brooks, except Silent Movie

okay that's everything that initially comes to mind as action-comedy, romantic comedy would be a completely different list, and I wasn't sure about including the real classics like Some Like it Hot or Arsenic and Old Lace, there are also some brainless tween comedies I enjoy but they don't have much action.
    I've seen True Lies, enjoyed that movie, and Kung Fu Hustle is one of my all time favourites (Shaolin Soccer as well)
    I've seen a few movies by Mel Brooks, favourite was Blazing Saddles.

thanks for the list, will definitely check these out
    i don't mind any kind of humour, as long as a bit of brain is applied.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!

It's the grey beard isn't it....

*Contemplates coloring his beard... remembers incident with Blue Beard ...

*Decides against it...

i don't mind any kind of humour, as long as a bit of brain is applied.
    Spoken like a real zombie.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!
    Happy Friday indeed...

Page 132 of 293 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast