Page 121 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 5859

Tavern Entrance:

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Lady not sir. You may need to define crazy, I've been seeing so much of it lately its becoming the new norm.
    Lies!!!!!! we all know there's no such thing as females on the internet let alone involved in D&D.. thats.. that's just heresy

however, in the case that i am pleasantly proved less that fully correct (after all I may not be right but i'm never wrong ) I shall accept your gracious words of wisdom and consider them for the inevitable future greetings we shall have (aka awesome to meet yet another female, we M's shall have to be careful as the scale is starting to shift from the M to F scale in numbers, hehe)
    Somedays your the Bug
    Somedays your the Windscreen.

Morning Bekki.

Morning Midori for me please

and i guess if your up then I really should be in bed as i'm starting the w thingy in 5 hours time.
    Somedays your the Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Don't mind Iss, miss. He gets a little confused on the other side of the world.

*cleans up /nab
    "cleans up nab".. yeah right, not the only thing you'll be cleaning up with a cheeky slur on us future dwelling world leaders
    Somedays your the Bug

Arrow

Citrus infused Turkey Brine:
    (From Acme Markets Website.)

https://www.facebook.com/acmemarkets...3441327948145/

2 Cups Kosher Salt
    4 Oranges: ( Sliced)
    Orange Zest (from 2 oranges)
    1 red onion (Sliced)
    1/4 cup Black Peppercorns
    12 cloves of Garlic
    2 oz Tyme ( I used blend of Tyme Rosmary an Parsley from BJ's Wholesale
    2 cups Maple Syrup
    1 Gallon Warm water
    4 to 5 lbs of Ice
    Cold water till bird is submerged.

Brine for 12 to 36 hrs.
    ( I brined it for about 24 hrs.)
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Hmm still cant work out getting a pic on here. I think this was mentioned to me months back but i'm lost.
    little help?
    Somedays your the Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    snip

Brine for 12 to 36 hrs.
    I'm guessing that makes for a very juicy moist bird when cooked? I always seem to end up with dry turkey when I roast them.
    Somedays your the Bug

Quote Originally Posted by issiana View Post
    Hmm still cant work out getting a pic on here. I think this was mentioned to me months back but i'm lost.
    little help?
    [IMG] link [/IMG]

Make sure the link is a .jpg

I'm guessing that makes for a very juicy moist bird when cooked? I always seem to end up with dry turkey when I roast them.
    Was very happy with the results.

Last year I also fried it for the first time as well.
    It turned out awesome.

When you roast use plenty of turkey or Chicken broth as well in the pan.
    Cover with aluminum foil until the last 30 mins. Or so and baste often.

But I figure you already know this but that's just some turkey tips
    From you friendly neighborhood bartender...

*Slides a Midori of to Issiana...
    Last edited by Bekki; 11-23-2016 at 06:12 AM.

little help?
    Gotta set up an off-forum photo storing site and upload your photos to that. Google "online photo storage".

Then copy the URL of that picture onto your forum post inside IMG tags as Bekki posted above.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Lies!!!!!! we all know there's no such thing as females on the internet let alone involved in D&D.. thats.. that's just heresy

however, in the case that i am pleasantly proved less that fully correct (after all I may not be right but i'm never wrong ) I shall accept your gracious words of wisdom and consider them for the inevitable future greetings we shall have (aka awesome to meet yet another female, we M's shall have to be careful as the scale is starting to shift from the M to F scale in numbers, hehe)
    I remember the days in DDO when guys would trip over themselves once they realized I was female. Got to the point I wouldn't use voice chat in PuGs. I even ended up with a stalker for a bit which I took care of by putting him on my ignore list.

2 Cups Kosher Salt
    1 red onion (Sliced)
    12 cloves of Garlic
    2 cups Maple Syrup
    1 Gallon Warm water
    4 to 5 lbs of Ice

Brine for 12 to 36 hrs.
    Just took the pumpkin pie out of the oven a few mintues ago and whipped up some homemade whipped cream to go with it tomorrow. Yummm.

Let us know how the turkey turns out. =3

2 Cups Kosher Salt
    1 red onion (Sliced)
    12 cloves of Garlic
    2 cups Maple Syrup
    1 Gallon Warm water
    4 to 5 lbs of Ice

Brine for 12 to 36 hrs.
    Mine's very similar, no maple syrup though and about half the garlic. My spice/seasoning mix is a combination of rosemary, basil, fennel and savory (powdered). I also glaze the turkey in a combination of these spices plus real butter, fresh ground pepper and a little garlic powder (before and several times while cooking). When the turkey goes in the oven I bake it upside down for the first 3 to 4 hours depending on size. We then turn the bird over for the last hour and it comes out so moist and falling off the bones. That is one drawback... it doesn't so much carve as fall apart in fear of the knife. But that's how my family likes it. We'd never get a good photo of it anyway... my hubby starts devouring the crispy skin as soon as he takes it out of the oven.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCide View Post
    I remember the days in DDO when guys would trip over themselves once they realized I was female. Got to the point I wouldn't use voice chat in PuGs. I even ended up with a stalker for a bit which I took care of by putting him on my ignore list.
    I've never had any issues (being a female gamer) but I didn't get a mic until last year and by then I'd already got set in my ways about which groups I'll join and with whom I'm comfortable playing. I do PuG occasionally but not as much since having the kids. I feel guilty if I have to drop group or go extended AFK for a kid emergency but family takes priority.

Really most of my worst experiences in-game were playing as a cleric (my main) in PuGs (~2010 to 2011 or so) getting verbally harassed for not following the leading meathead around and acting like his personal healer hireling. This was almost exclusively barbarian players that always seemed unaware they were obviously faster than my cleric and there was absolutely nothing I could do to keep up with them. There was also one bard that I put on ignore for this same behavior and surprisingly the bard was being played by a fellow female player. As a result I almost never PuG on my cleric anymore, because its the only class that other players treated differently.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I've never had any issues (being a female gamer) but I didn't get a mic until last year and by then I'd already got set in my ways about which groups I'll join and with whom I'm comfortable playing. I do PuG occasionally but not as much since having the kids. I feel guilty if I have to drop group or go extended AFK for a kid emergency but family takes priority.

Really most of my worst experiences in-game were playing as a cleric (my main) in PuGs (~2010 to 2011 or so) getting verbally harassed for not following the leading meathead around and acting like his personal healer hireling. This was almost exclusively barbarian players that always seemed unaware they were obviously faster than my cleric and there was absolutely nothing I could do to keep up with them. There was also one bard that I put on ignore for this same behavior and surprisingly the bard was being played by a fellow female player. As a result I almost never PuG on my cleric anymore, because its the only class that other players treated differently.
    Be thankful. Those early experiences in the first couple of years playing DDO really shaped how I approach MMO's. Well, most the other players in MMO's. My husband and I mostly played with a friend of ours for several years and we had our own guild where it was basically just us. So we'd mostly trio stuff but on occasion when neither of them would be on I would go find a PuG to run stuff since you didn't solo things in those days. Ha, which reminds me of when there was no AH yet too.

I never made a cleric until near my end of playing DDO. I had seen too many times where if you had a cleric, that is all you got to play. So I refused to make one so I wouldn't get stuck playing one. Our last guild we were in had so many clerics and people that liked to play them that it turned into a non-issue. By that point I refused to PuG at all anymore because of the elitist attitude that had taken over most of the game. Have a lot of fond memories of the game and still miss a couple of my characters but I know I'll never play it again.

I remember the days in DDO when guys would trip over themselves once they realized I was female. Got to the point I wouldn't use voice chat in PuGs. I even ended up with a stalker for a bit which I took care of by marrying him.
    That^^ would've been funnier.
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    That^^ would've been funnier.
    Maybe hypothetically but considering the guy didn't even care that I was engaged, um no. Missing is a much better catch.

Collectibles

"cleans up nab".. yeah right, not the only thing you'll be cleaning up with a cheeky slur on us future dwelling world leaders
    Hey, I said "other" side, not "under" side.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Be thankful. Those early experiences in the first couple of years playing DDO really shaped how I approach MMO's. Well, most the other players in MMO's. My husband and I mostly played with a friend of ours for several years and we had our own guild where it was basically just us. So we'd mostly trio stuff but on occasion when neither of them would be on I would go find a PuG to run stuff since you didn't solo things in those days. Ha, which reminds me of when there was no AH yet too.

I never made a cleric until near my end of playing DDO. I had seen too many times where if you had a cleric, that is all you got to play. So I refused to make one so I wouldn't get stuck playing one. Our last guild we were in had so many clerics and people that liked to play them that it turned into a non-issue. By that point I refused to PuG at all anymore because of the elitist attitude that had taken over most of the game. Have a lot of fond memories of the game and still miss a couple of my characters but I know I'll never play it again.
    That sounds so sad. I have found a lot of very nice people in the game. It might not be so bad to log in and take a peek once in a while.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Page 121 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast