Page 98 of 293 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCide View Post
    On a brighter note, I got my war pony last night. ...
    Cool.

I know I should get mine. Level 90 on my Hunter now, and all those War Steed XPs going nowhere.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Cool.

I know I should get mine. Level 90 on my Hunter now, and all those War Steed XPs going nowhere.
    The steering is a bit loose compared to the northern ones and you can't strafe while galloping which annoys me... but I do like being able to walk, trot, canter, and gallop. Plus my pony looks totally beefy. She stands as high as a horse in game or close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCide View Post
    The steering is a bit loose compared to the northern ones and you can't strafe while galloping which annoys me... but I do like being able to walk, trot, canter, and gallop. Plus my pony looks totally beefy. She stands as high as a horse in game or close to it.
    Are you just talking about the speed of the warhorse, or does the gait/rhythm change?
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

I started backtracking to Langhold for my steed last night, but got sidetracked into the Wildermore.

One quest there is a 'memory play' where you defend against attacking orcs on a war steed. Luckily it's one of those where as long as you're moving around, you can mange to get thru the encounter - but as for control... I was basically in a constant sideways skid trying to turn towards the attackers. It looked chintzy.

Instead of the next Fast n Furious movie, maybe they'll throw a new
    twist at the franchise: Clumsy n Confused, Wildermore Drift.
    Collectibles

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

*a singed and smoking rogue sits at the bar*

*she lets out a satisfied sigh*

*with a brief glance and smirk at the unconscious fire lizard, she slips out the window*

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    *a singed and smoking rogue sits at the bar*

*she lets out a satisfied sigh*

*with a brief glance and smirk at the unconscious fire lizard, she slips out the window*

*Bekki watches the still smoldering rogue slip out the window...
    *Pulls the keys from his pocket... With a special Key ring designed to
    Let the fire lizard know she was allowed to be there...
    *Shakes his head...

"Did you ever stop and think to ask...? I you had only asked I could have given these to you..."
    "As chief chocolatiers you and mad cookie queen each have you own sets...
    Of course; if you would prefer to play with the fire lizard I can hang on to these..."
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    *Bekki watches the still smoldering rogue slip out the window...
    *Pulls the keys from his pocket... With a special Key ring designed to
    Let the fire lizard know she was allowed to be there...
    *Shakes his head...

"Did you ever stop and think to ask...? I you had only asked I could have given these to you..."
    "As chief chocolatiers you and mad cookie queen each have you own sets...
    Of course; if you would prefer to play with the fire lizard I can hang on to these..."
    The lizard wasn't any trouble until after I put the batter in the oven, only to discover it was not working. The fire lizard was... disgruntled... about being used to bake a cake.

The lizard wasn't any trouble until after I put the batter in the oven, only to discover it was not working. The fire lizard was... disgruntled... about being used to bake a cake.
    rofl!
    Collectibles

Moving on to more Mondayish news:

Was just reading an article about IRT trucker Daryl Ward dying in a plane crash, when eldest texts me another news flash:

Gene Wilder: http://fox4kc.com/2016/08/29/actor-g...mily-confirms/

*sigh*

...AND the fog light switch on my Jeep not staying shut off, so I've been enjoying random dead battery. (One of those fabulous ideas of putting yet another switch on the 20-function turn-signal arm.) *grumble*
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 08-29-2016 at 02:48 PM. Reason: There's no "a" in Monday... yet.
    Collectibles

Moving on to more Mondayish news:

Was just reading an article about IRT trucker Daryl Ward dying in a plane crash, when eldest texts me another news flash:

Gene Wilder: http://fox4kc.com/2016/08/29/actor-g...mily-confirms/

*sigh*

...AND the fog light switch on my Jeep not staying shut off, so I've been enjoying random dead battery. (One of those fabulous ideas of putting yet another switch on the 20-function turn-signal arm.) *grumble*
    Aww man...

And sorry to here about the issues with the Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    Aww man...

And sorry to hear about the issues with the Jeep.
    A little Googling shows that this is another common occurrence. Weak piece of plastic inside the switch that rubs against the metal push-rod that opens the connection.

Not feeling up to the disassemble/fix/reassemble routine, so is a $70 part from the parts store. Cheaper than a lot of other fixes I'm putting off.
    Collectibles

A little Googling shows that this is another common occurrence. Weak piece of plastic inside the switch that rubs against the metal push-rod that opens the connection.

Not feeling up to the disassemble/fix/reassemble routine, so is a $70 part from the parts store. Cheaper than a lot of other fixes I'm putting off.
    You will need to fix this yourself to maintain your nerd cred.

and your Jeep owner cred

I could understand you passing the job off to someone else if it were a *cough* foreign *cough* machine.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 08-29-2016 at 05:12 PM.

Unplug the fog lights until you can get it fixed. no more dead battery.

and your Jeep owner cred....
    Despite what my aptitude tests say my automotive mechanical ability *should* be, car repairs have always been cursed when I try them. In this case, the unit is sealed and would require literally breaking it apart and resealing together.

I'll settle for opting to play R&R swapsies.

[Yes, I am all too painfully aware that 'real' Jeeps are supposed to be built, not bought.]
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Unplug the fog lights until you can get it fixed. no more dead battery.
    Neat little thing I found everyone doing to avoid the issue til they got theirs fixed - simply dropping the signal arm into the left-turn position after parked. Guess that change of angle is just enough to keep the contacts from creeping together.

Pulling the fuse wasn't an option as it's a joint fuse with the turn signals.
    Collectibles

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

and your Jeep owner cred

I could understand you passing the job off to someone else if it were a *cough* foreign *cough* machine.
    While waiting a car to get oil change, I red some car magazines. They were comparing Fiat SUV to similar Jeep, because both were made in the same factory in Italy.

Are you just talking about the speed of the warhorse, or does the gait/rhythm change?
    As far strafing goes...I have to go from a stand still to strafe unlike on the normal ponies where I can strafe while galloping (horses can move on the diagonal while galloping which is why it irritates me they didn't bring that over to war ponies).

The war pony or steed can walk, trot, canter, and gallop. So they can change gaits. It depends on how long you push the forward button. Or if you're galloping how you push the backward button to slow down.

I started backtracking to Langhold for my steed last night, but got sidetracked into the Wildermore.

One quest there is a 'memory play' where you defend against attacking orcs on a war steed. Luckily it's one of those where as long as you're moving around, you can mange to get thru the encounter - but as for control... I was basically in a constant sideways skid trying to turn towards the attackers. It looked chintzy.

Instead of the next Fast n Furious movie, maybe they'll throw a new
    twist at the franchise: Clumsy n Confused, Wildermore Drift.
    Yeah, the war steeds could use some work on animation. I feel like mine is turning on grease or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    While waiting a car to get oil change, I red some car magazines. They were comparing Fiat SUV to similar Jeep, because both were made in the same factory in Italy.
    The Renegade is made in Italy on the Fiat frame. I don't think any of the models are though.

Page 98 of 293 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast