Page 91 of 293 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    Nice!
    Grants on the score.

How do you like vallejo paints in comparison to the citadel ones?

I always used Polly-S (until they went out of business)

And I need to find a good replacement.

I'll have to take some pictures of some of my mini's.
    just ordered the stuff yesterday. it'll take at least a week to arrive, so i'll let you know how they stack up.

i love citadel paints, personally, and apparently vallejo is supposed to be a strong competitor to them. fingers crossed the paints aren't all dried up when they arrive.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Shots (pun intended) from AGT the other night.

The flaming arrow looks really cool - as does her husband's reaction when she misses the target!

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Shots (pun intended) from AGT the other night.

The flaming arrow looks really cool - as does her husband's reaction when she misses the target!

<snip>
    Hot Tip:
    ("Heh, heh, Could've resisted but didn't.")

Don't annoy your spouse prior to having her fire flaming arrows at you!

I loved the dead-pan look on her face while they're all trying to make sure he's ok.
    Last edited by Bekki; 08-05-2016 at 11:44 AM.
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Same thing I keep thinking about New Zealand.
    Me too, I think I would love to see both New Zealand and Australia.
    If you ever get that far, make sure to look up a performance of the Irresponsibles in or around Sydney. You are sure to run into other DDO players.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Got a belated Birfamaday present this weekend;
    the kids got me nth seasons of... This

https://youtu.be/uuzx3p12kB4
    I see your funk, and raise you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFo4u_ADiw4

Quote Originally Posted by IssianasGhost View Post
    I'll top you both and gladly take all your sads in exchange for mine.....

My daughter has just been discovered to have drug, alcohol addictions, has had 2 pregnancy scares this year and has major withdrawal and anger issues atm along with suicidal thoughts as well as running away twice this last week. Having to call the police to get them to lay a trap and intercept your 15yr old daughter and get her taken to mental health services for intervention is not in the top most enjoyable parenting exercises to do.
    My house is a war zone with all the damage she has caused these last 2 days and we have to call the police every time she goes into a rage. Last night she cracked the windscreen to our car making it undriveable now.

It's been kept hidden from everyone for so long and the only reason this was finally discovered was I forcibly removed her cell phone and hacked into it by breaking the phone lock and read every facebook, txt, snapchat etc.. message and looked at every photo. It totally broke me seeing what was on it and the lies that have been spread around trying to drive everyone against each other (which was working btw..). Because of my actions I am now under investigation for child abuse and spent 1 hour yesterday answering questions. My child however has received no help at all leaving us to deal with all the issues. All I have in defence is 1 weeks worth of phone calls desperately asking for help for my daughter. It's my hope now that i'm under investigation someone will finally respond with help for her.

Anyways... thats my sadness story, top that

My back hurts majorly from been stabbed so badly in the back these last few days but I'm ok, My wife however is not ok as she has born the brunt of the lies for so long and had bought into them (had been funding the drug habit without been aware of it as well).The light is shining on the issues now so it can only get better in the long run. Small steps each day and it will eventually turn for the better.

Just needed to get this out as keeping it in is not good so sorry for the bummer news but well.. hell, no not really some things just need to be out there.

TTYL

Cocoa is looking good. His front feet are still sore from the laminitis. I'm hoping to see more improvement when I go back out on Tuesday. He is out of pain medication so I know that has 'set him back' some. Here's praying for more improvement. I really would rather not add to the vet bill. However it took a good 2-3 weeks for him to recover his first time and it may take longer this one because he was much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCide View Post
    Cocoa is looking good. His front feet are still sore from the laminitis. I'm hoping to see more improvement when I go back out on Tuesday. He is out of pain medication so I know that has 'set him back' some. Here's praying for more improvement. I really would rather not add to the vet bill. However it took a good 2-3 weeks for him to recover his first time and it may take longer this one because he was much worse.
    Happy to hear he is doing better. Will be happier yet when he is fully recovered.

Default This thing is still going eh?

****Backs up the Ale Truck****

***Pours an ale for everyone***

Wow, it's been 10 years and the Cupcake Musketeers thread is still going. Crazy!
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |.....ALE TRUCK......| ||'|";, ___.
    |_...._....._____===|=||_|__|..., ]
    "(@)'(@)"***|(@)(@)**''(@)
    _________________Thanks to Hunglo for the Ale Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Dariuss View Post
    ****Backs up the Ale Truck****

***Pours an ale for everyone***

Wow, it's been 10 years and the Cupcake Musketeers thread is still going. Crazy!
    Hol-y sh...shtuff!!!

(Tho you obviously have forgotten how to properly spell "MuskAteers!)

Well, you managed to find us in our new digs. Seems we broke the forumses and Cordo built us a new pad. Not as cushy and scarred up as the old one, but it's worked out okay. Folks have come, folks have gone, and every once in a rare while someone follows their feet back home again.

Do tell, Mr last-post-in-2009, whatcha been up to all these years??
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Hol-y sh...shtuff!!!

(Tho you obviously have forgotten how to properly spell "MuskAteers!)

Well, you managed to find us in our new digs. Seems we broke the forumses and Cordo built us a new pad. Not as cushy and scarred up as the old one, but it's worked out okay. Folks have come, folks have gone, and every once in a rare while someone follows their feet back home again.

Do tell, Mr last-post-in-2009, whatcha been up to all these years??
    Wow... 2009? That is a long darn time ago.

Honestly I have just been living life. Got married, got divorced, started a company, had a baby (who is AWESOME). I don't have a lot of time to play games really, been doing the browser game thing:

Pretty fun card-based combat game: Kingdoms CCG
    Pretty fun space 4X game: AD2460

I've always had the RPG itch though. And I haven't really ever found something that fits my play time needs. So I was poking around the other day and said to myself "Self", (and I knew it was me because I recognized my voice), "why don't you load up DDO?". So I did
    Last edited by Dariuss; 08-09-2016 at 03:49 AM.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Happy to hear he is doing better. Will be happier yet when he is fully recovered.
    Thank you!

When I saw him yesterday he was doing a whole let better yet. Glad to see he's starting to really bounce back.

Well, I did the almost unthinkable...I downloaded LOTRO again. I figure I can mess with it a bit here and there. I'm a few expansions behind on played content. I have two that I've bought and not played. Then there's Helm's Deep. I have almost 20k TP stored up, I don't think buying it will be a problem if I ever get that far...

I'll admit to being a bit lost on my lvl 65 Hobbit Hunter. I think I'll slowly get it all figured out again but they changed the trait system so it will take a bit longer than otherwise. I rather liked the old one since it was relatively simple.

Oh and my account over there is apparently seven years old...I had three account birthday gifts waiting for me. Funny how the game has never really caught my attention yet I like to keep going back to it anyway... Oh yeah...probably the horses.

*Bekki wanders in all bleary eyed and tired....
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Trips over the pile of kegs in the tavern...
    "Whadaheck!?"
    *Looks at the thread...
    "Dariuss!?!?!?"
    "Holy heck man! How the heck are ya!?"
    *puts away all the random kegs lying around...
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

soo...
    i'm gonna try to become a small business owner...

lemme explain my plan.

Warhammer is pretty much non existent in India, sans a few sets which are stupidly inflated in price.

so, the simple solution is I make an online storefront for it. As and when someone orders a set, I buy the set from Games Workshop at a wholesale price, and have it shipped to the customer.

either Games Workshop themselves can do the shipping, or I can get another shipping company to handle it.

either way, i won't have to maintain inventory, so i just have to pay for the website costs as a recurring cost (which comes to maybe 40$ a month) and the one time cost of registering my business.

so. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    soo...
    i'm gonna try to become a small business owner...

{{{STUFF}}}

so. thoughts?
    Well, I don't see your value add here. First, you say WH40K (assuming that's the Warhammer we're talking about) isn't all that prevalent in India. That tells me there's little demand. You'd have to create a demand before even contemplating this endeavor. Second, you won't be maintaining any inventory. That game almost demands on-hand stock since most players, in this country anyway, impulse buy almost every fig that'll turn a profit. If you don't carry it, they'll get it elsewhere. Lastly, they'll get it elsewhere anyway once they figure out all you're doing is having it drop shipped to their location. Without a reason to pay a premium, why come to you when they can order it themselves?

If you want to do this, you'll need to host events and tournaments (sanctioned at some point) to generate interest and demand. You'll have to give your customers a reason to buy stuff from you, and not because you're a righteous dude.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    Well, I don't see your value add here. First, you say WH40K (assuming that's the Warhammer we're talking about) isn't all that prevalent in India. That tells me there's little demand. You'd have to create a demand before even contemplating this endeavor. Second, you won't be maintaining any inventory. That game almost demands on-hand stock since most players, in this country anyway, impulse buy almost every fig that'll turn a profit. If you don't carry it, they'll get it elsewhere. Lastly, they'll get it elsewhere anyway once they figure out all you're doing is having it drop shipped to their location. Without a reason to pay a premium, why come to you when they can order it themselves?

If you want to do this, you'll need to host events and tournaments (sanctioned at some point) to generate interest and demand. You'll have to give your customers a reason to buy stuff from you, and not because you're a righteous dude.
    the demand isn't there because wargaming is almost non-existent here. it's like introducing a totally new thing tot he country.

secondly, my prices would be lower than Games Workshop's prices, and it's extremely hard to find a website that ships to India (speaking from experience). Games Workshop offers much lower prices when selling to its stockists as compared to the store price.

as for tournaments and events, once the game gets a good following, i'll definitely hold those.

the entire reason for this coming about is because of my experience with trying to get anything wargaming related in india. it's been extremely frustrating.

so, i saw a problem, and i've come up with my own solution.

*Backs the Ale Truck up*
    *Hauls in a few more kegs*

Well hey there Bekki! Long time no see! I like what you've done with the place
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

Quote Originally Posted by Dariuss View Post
    *Backs the Ale Truck up*
    *Hauls in a few more kegs*

Well hey there Bekki! Long time no see! I like what you've done with the place
    Btw, welcome back, Dariuss.

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    as for tournaments and events, once the game gets a good following, i'll definitely hold those.
    That is the problem. You'll have to hold a tournament and then some in order to get interest. Videos and such is only a 10% effort. You have to get the pieces into people's hands. You have to talk to them and get their attention directly.

Think about how you got introduce and into such when you weren't aware. To generate actual interest will take a lot of effort and probably a bit of capital to really make it work. At least with American culture and I doubt teenagers over there are that much different.

Page 91 of 293 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast