Page 79 of 293 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 5859
    Community Member

DB... Hang in there buddy, and always chat about it. Even if it's just to us here.
    Don't ever underestimate the power of talking about stuff, getting it out in the open is a major tool in coping as you'll realize pretty quick your not alone.

Best of luck on the overseas spots

Community Member

and now that we have finally pushed over to the new page some game talk.... whats the word on gnomes? a success or just a reskin?

Quote Originally Posted by IssianasGhost View Post
    and a hi ho all from down under.

been the usual head down bum up routine.. and no that doesn't have anything to do with the sticky chairs...

Had some rather annoying family dramas to deal with in the name of a runaway child. Turns out it was an issue at school with her and teacher to which she thought noone would believe her (Nothing touchy feelly) and her only option was to bolt. Once I got wind of it all and did a thorough investigation it was a quick move of schools. However to do so meant I have had to move out of home with her to our old house so she was in the correct school zone for the school we desired for her. So now "officially" I have parted with wife for the time been and am living with my my daughter in our old house which is currently rented by my sister. The fun things we have to do to get the kids educated these days and keep them safe.

Have had many a discussion with people and the end reply I have has always been "how much better off would we have been if our parents had listened to our concerns as kids?" It sure is an interesting thought to contemplate because I know I'd be a lot different from how I am know if my parents had listened and acted in my interests instead of theirs. My daughter is now a very happy content young women excited about going to school again so I have no regrets about what I have done. My wife on the other hand.... well all I will say is she is failing to see the big picture here.
    That is an interesting thought. I have come to know about many difficult lives, where life turned out wrong for a child. I one case the child grew up as a reclusive yet respected person, who was very bad to anyone close.
    In another case the child grew up compassionate yet having deep emotional scars and viewing life as very dark and hopeless. The difference seems to be the love. The child who was unconditionally loved by one person grew to be good, one who was not loved in the same way grew up bad.

I am moving for my new job during summer. Teaching science and math in very small senior high(?). I will come to know every student personally.
    Also I will be paying for three apartments for some time.

and a hi ho all from down under.

been the usual head down bum up routine.. and no that doesn't have anything to do with the sticky chairs...

Had some rather annoying family dramas to deal with in the name of a runaway child. Turns out it was an issue at school with her and teacher to which she thought noone would believe her (Nothing touchy feelly) and her only option was to bolt. Once I got wind of it all and did a thorough investigation it was a quick move of schools. However to do so meant I have had to move out of home with her to our old house so she was in the correct school zone for the school we desired for her. So now "officially" I have parted with wife for the time been and am living with my my daughter in our old house which is currently rented by my sister. The fun things we have to do to get the kids educated these days and keep them safe.

Have had many a discussion with people and the end reply I have has always been "how much better off would we have been if our parents had listened to our concerns as kids?" It sure is an interesting thought to contemplate because I know I'd be a lot different from how I am know if my parents had listened and acted in my interests instead of theirs. My daughter is now a very happy content young women excited about going to school again so I have no regrets about what I have done. My wife on the other hand.... well all I will say is she is failing to see the big picture here.

Good job on handling the issues. Hope the wife comes around before too long, too.

As for the 'what ifs' of looking back - there are a LOT of things that could have been done differently/better/worse by those who raised us. However, those same 'what ifs' are also what give us the tools to recognize signs in our own kids of potential issues.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

and now that we have finally pushed over to the new page some game talk.... whats the word on gnomes? a success or just a reskin?
    Just a necessary ebil that had to be done to open the pathway to finally getting PC Kobolds.
    Collectibles

Today's DD roll:

Collectibles

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    That is an interesting thought. I have come to know about many difficult lives, where life turned out wrong for a child. I one case the child grew up as a reclusive yet respected person, who was very bad to anyone close.
    In another case the child grew up compassionate yet having deep emotional scars and viewing life as very dark and hopeless. The difference seems to be the love. The child who was unconditionally loved by one person grew to be good, one who was not loved in the same way grew up bad.

I am moving for my new job during summer. Teaching science and math in very small senior high(?). I will come to know every student personally.
    Also I will be paying for three apartments for some time.
    Yip, life has a way of creating things, some good some bad.

3 appartments... teaching pays good

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Good job on handling the issues. Hope the wife comes around before too long, too.

As for the 'what ifs' of looking back - there are a LOT of things that could have been done differently/better/worse by those who raised us. However, those same 'what ifs' are also what give us the tools to recognize signs in our own kids of potential issues.
    I am a little with you on this as I am what I am and can do what I do because of my life experiences. But then as missing as rightly pointed out in the past, my personality type is to take anything and make it the best possible. Not everyone shares that view so i do wonder how much different things would be. Would I even have this personality type???

As I said, interesting thought to consider over a drink with friends one day when your all pondering the meaning of life in general and feeling all philosophical

Community Member

Today's DD roll:

officially we should say grats!
    unofficially we all hate your luck, lol.

How many jackpots is that now? enough to consider that trip to vegas worthwhile yet?

officially we should say grats!
    unofficially we all hate your luck, lol.

How many jackpots is that now? enough to consider that trip to vegas worthwhile yet?
    Definitely not. That's one roll out of all the servers, so for each 'win', I've rolled a LOT of duds.
    Collectibles

Welp, the Tuesday version of a Monday is upon us.

Luckily, having slept thru half of it, *I* only have to deal with half of it.
    Collectibles

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Mirror's Edge Catalyst comes out day after almost pre-loaded for me.

Apart from that, got a pre order for No Man's Sky.

Bought Star Citizen for 60$, but getting a refund for it. Planning on maybe buying Overwatch with it, or Titanfall 2, if pre orders open with it's premiere on the 12th.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

*climbs in through window*
    *makes way to safe via rafters*
    *listens*
    *sniffs*
    *acquires chocolate fudge from Bekki's secret stash*
    *leaves the same way, remembering to close the window*

1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Definitely not. That's one roll out of all the servers, so for each 'win', I've rolled a LOT of duds.
    Kinda like yesterday. My freebie roll was junk, so went ahead and rolled the discounted Gold since it's a double XP weekend...

Collectibles

As I said, interesting thought to consider over a drink with friends one day when your all pondering the meaning of life in general and feeling all philosophical
    Heh...

Considering what I've been thinking through relating to independence vs dependence and linking such to fidelity, religion, and community... which then lead into individuality vs hive mind and linking such to business success, work, and community, I've about got a solid essay setup in my head that I should probably put down into record able media.

P.S... I hate yardwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post

P.S... I hate yardwork.

Ditto. In my defense, I *did* look out the window today and thought to myself I should be doing some of that.

Then I went shopping...

On a gov't auction site I'm registered on, I keep seeing a lot of large industrial machinery being sold dirt cheap. Some working, some not. But selling for way cheaper than even scrapping it would bring in - just because of the logistical hassle of moving the stuff. For instance, a nearby town with a prison has updated their HVAC equipment and are selling 8 building dehumidifiers in working condition. $10 each. These are huge monsters...

So I'm thinking to myself... I thinks, "Self, maybe you should see about buying a truck a then buying this cheap stuff and try flipping/scrapping it." I then answers myself, thinking, "Okay, let's look..."

And amongst the debris, chaff, and downright wrecks, I find this beautiful gem...

A MK48 with Mk14 flatbed cargo trailer.... Currently about $5500.00. *Sigh*

Collectibles

I was about to post the front view and ooh-aah about how cute she is... then I see another gem off to the side....

So what's the next best thing to dragging a heavy piece of something onto a truck and hauling it somewhere?
    Picking it up and FLYING it somewhere, of course!!!

*Runs off mumbling incoherently.*

*Returns moments later.*

*Sad*

They're not selling the Huey.
    Collectibles

Community Member

They're not selling the Huey.
    That's probably not a bad thing really. Those things at this age would be rather costly to maintain not to mention the tail booms are probably expired by now. Our Air Force was just doing a reboom on our fleet when i parted company with them 25ish years ago at 1 million per boom.

That "bargin" Huey probably isn't much of a bargin if it was for sale, hehe.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Heh...

Considering what I've been thinking through relating to independence vs dependence and linking such to fidelity, religion, and community... which then lead into individuality vs hive mind and linking such to business success, work, and community, I've about got a solid essay setup in my head that I should probably put down into record able media.

P.S... I hate yardwork.
    soo.... your saying yard work brings on this sort of free thinking.... 'bout time yard work got outlawed by the Govt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    *climbs in through window*
    *makes way to safe via rafters*
    *listens*
    *sniffs*
    *acquires chocolate fudge from Bekki's secret stash*
    *leaves the same way, remembering to close the window*

Finally back home safe from the nightly thievery, she opens the bag to enjoy the plunder only to wonder where it all is.......

"NOM, NOM, NOM" ... yummy ... (theres no honor among theives )

Page 79 of 293 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast