Page 44 of 293 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IssianasGhost View Post
    sadness day today.
    You could call her and say, "hey, want to grab a drink?"

or did I miss something?

It is sad when someone has to leave like that but there should be options for friends.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 11-27-2015 at 02:45 PM.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    The new TVs might even act like the old tube models if one follows the energy-saving tips at the end of the article. "Turn off the Fast Start feature." Lol. So your new-fangled TV will take time to come on just like the old tubed ones.
    Uh ... no.

I still have, sitting in a corner, a tube TV from the 90's. It takes under 10 seconds to warm up. That's a tiny bit faster than my flat-screen (about 5 years old now) is from a cold start. Okay ... so that would be a yes. :-)

My parents have an ancient (1970s colour) and it takes several minutes to warm up.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 11-27-2015 at 02:44 PM.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    You could call her and say, "hey, want to grab a drink?"

or did I miss something?

It is sad when someone has to leave like that but there should be options for friends.
    oh fear not, for that will be occurring. it's just not the same when it's once every few weeks vs all day every day.

I was humbled quite heavily the day she left as one of my friends called me latter at night just to see how I was doing as he knew i'd be sad. The genuine concern in his voice was very moving to say the least and made me wonder just what i've done in life to gain friends like that. Not ashamed to say it bought a tear to the eye.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post

My parents have an ancient (1970s colour) and it takes several minutes to warm up.
    hehe, one still lives? Every one of the "older" TV's i've seen has ended up in a fair ground toss bricks at it till it breaks type activity... which is a heck of a lot of fun by the way

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post

Doomsday thought of the moment. Climate change of 2 degrees.

You know... we or nature could artificially cool the earth to give us time to fix things, but would the current technology and profiteering market allow us to actually fix it while it chills?

By artificial... just have a large volcano or an asteroid hit the Earth such that massive amounts of particulate blocks sunlight causing a decreases in temperatures globally.

*Bekki runs in...

*huff puff, huff puff...*

*Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

*Runs back out...

Yes; it's been that kind of week...

Laters...
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCide View Post
    /Seconded.

Doomsday thought of the moment. Climate change of 2 degrees.

You know... we or nature could artificially cool the earth to give us time to fix things, but would the current technology and profiteering market allow us to actually fix it while it chills?

By artificial... just have a large volcano or an asteroid hit the Earth such that massive amounts of particulate blocks sunlight causing a decreases in temperatures globally.
    There's also the option presented in Kingsman.

Tho since I lack both power & wealth to get included in the special group, I'm holding out for the Zombies to take over and fix everything.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Tho since I lack both power & wealth to get included in the special group, I'm holding out for the Zombies to take over and fix everything.
    Baring an outbreak of rabies, the zombies won't be happening. This isn't to say 12 Monkeys couldn't. It is closer to the scenario I'd expect honestly.

Remember.. the Mondays...

http://cheezburger.com/5721273600

A few clicks away from that one...

This dude be HOOFing it!

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

A few clicks away from that one...

This dude be HOOFing it!

Nice tackle by the cop though.

Ended up buying Skyrim for $10 (including all DLC) during Steam's Thanksgiving sale. I'm actually rather enjoying it more than I though I would. It reminds me a lot of Oblivion but with a lot of the updates they did from Fallout 3. So it's ended up a nice mix.

Oh and of course I've modded it some...mostly for looks of environment but also made the horses and npc's that follow you essential so they can't be killed. heh.

The AI is a bit odd ball when it comes to the horse though...I've dismounted my horse to fight wolves and it goes running off in some random direction... So, I've had to continue on foot because I can't find it once the wolves are dead but then I got in combat again and in came the horse to help kill the critter. I also had to fast travel once (I try to do as little of that as possible) because my horse decided to help kill a bandit cheiftan and then fell off the bridge we were on. The horse got stuck on the pillar partway down so I couldn't get to it... screenshot

I'm here and alive.

Spent much of this week on in the hospital with the little one for her scheduled seizure monitoring, very boring and we didn't catch as much as we had hoped (but at least got some).

Otherwise, it's busy and then squeezing some DDO time in now and then.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Page 44 of 293 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast