Page 40 of 293 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...

*Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Community Member Tinrae_has_cookies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Took the magic chocolate summoning spell longer than expected to draw ya back by.

...and you have NO idea how tough it was to not say anything before you got here.
    I know. I'm horrible. I'm really sorry.

Dat flu-like fatigue tho. It hits like a Mac truck at about 4 PM every. single. day.

I had to withdraw my kid from dance classes. After 3 months in, she'd still rather run around and play cars with the feral pack of boys than follow the group of (well behaved) "princesses" walking tippy toes across the mats.

EDIT: $55 recital costume is going to make a fancy playground outfit. I should take a cue from the wedding dress destruction trend and figure out a way to give it a proper send-off.
    Last edited by Tinrae_has_cookies; 10-30-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Hope you and the family have a good time trick or treating, Tinrae. Have fun at the festival.

Also hope the rest of you have a good Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinrae_has_cookies View Post
    I know. I'm horrible. I'm really sorry.

Dat flu-like fatigue tho. It hits like a Mac truck at about 4 PM every. single. day.

I had to withdraw my kid from dance classes. After 3 months in, she'd still rather run around and play cars with the feral pack of boys than follow the group of (well behaved) "princesses" walking tippy toes across the mats.

EDIT: $55 recital costume is going to make a fancy playground outfit. I should take a cue from the wedding dress destruction trend and figure out a way to give it a proper send-off.

Meh, let her run with the boys. Get her interested in Cars. Who knows, maybe in the future you'll get to save money on car repairs!

I now have a high schooler. I feel old.

The other has been struggling with Seizures for the last few months (minor ones, but numerous), have her scheduled for a 48 hour hospital stay where they will hook her up to machines and watch her brain waves, but it has been a long wait and we still have another month to go.

After that is done, we need to do another MRI on her brain to try and figure out what those "white spots" were on her last MRI, including one that is in a bad spot.

So I spend a lot of time shooting aliens these days.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member Tinrae_has_cookies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Meh, let her run with the boys. Get her interested in Cars. Who knows, maybe in the future you'll get to save money on car repairs!

I now have a high schooler. I feel old.

The other has been struggling with Seizures for the last few months (minor ones, but numerous), have her scheduled for a 48 hour hospital stay where they will hook her up to machines and watch her brain waves, but it has been a long wait and we still have another month to go.

After that is done, we need to do another MRI on her brain to try and figure out what those "white spots" were on her last MRI, including one that is in a bad spot.

Yeah, we joke that she'll be the next Danica Patrick.

I am old. And tired. I feel you.

Wow, really feel for you with your kid. I hate keeping up with all my doc stuff (high risk preg due to having HELLP last time) - don't know how I'd handle having to do that for a kid. Hope you get good, or at least less worrisome, news! /hugs to you and fam
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

That definitely sounds stressful, Gros. I hope things turn out well and they can figure things out for your kiddo.

I like your kid, Tinrae. Prancing around like a princess is over rated. It's much more fun to play with cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinrae_has_cookies View Post
    I know. I'm horrible. I'm really sorry. ....

No, no. Was pure tease. No " " 's needed here.

Good to see ya around again, and hope things keep rolling well for ya.

All those books... Probably instilled an early yearning for adventure & excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post

Understand, G. Hang in there, cuz the smiles at the other side of the tests and prodding help get ya past those times.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

The ex & I and the kids met up for dinner last night. Kind of an anniversary-not-anniversary thing.

After that, stopped by a Pet Mart for some anti-flea stuff for their cats. The local shelter has some cats displayed there for adoption... There was one old DSH that was the spitting image of our old cat, including the scarred nose. Was the only cat there that wasn't jumping up looking for attention - just laid back and stared back with a sorta "Yeah, right." expression.
    Collectibles

Still no love for pro sports, even now.

However, if the humor is there, it must be taken advantage of.

edit... I see he's been a popular meme target - by others who had a much clearer shot of him.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 11-02-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    Collectibles

So they managed to win the thing. Heh.

All I can really say is, "Hey, thanks Harvey! They couldn't have done it without ya!"

Collectibles

Okay, so parade through downtown KC... Fine, whatever. They can deal with the traffic headaches they cause down there.

But just found out they're also closing schools and colleges for the day out here in the subs. Sheesh. *smh*
    Collectibles

Community Member

Okay, so parade through downtown KC... Fine, whatever. They can deal with the traffic headaches they cause down there.

But just found out they're also closing schools and colleges for the day out here in the subs. Sheesh. *smh*
    I'm obviously not with it cause I don't get parades for winning sports teams.
    We got it over here atm as we won the Rugby world cup for a second time in a row (hasn't happened before). So now we get paraders and road closures to basically make working in chch more of a pain than it is with all the road closures from earthquake rebuilding.
    it's only a sports team, i just dont see the need for a parade...

ok back to my corner i go, enough whining from the cheap seat

KC population ~470,000.

Estimated attendance of parade and party = ~5-800,000.

I see shots of this mass of people:

Kinda reminds me of pix of the crowds massed around Hitler during some of his speeches.

...or zombies. Lots & lots of blue-clad zombies.
    Collectibles

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

The reds and greys are starting to get along a little better.
    Got one shot of the red/black before a car came down the street and sent him scampering.

Still not a very good shot -- baconing phone cam.
    Collectibles

Community Member

nope, just a mass murder of royalty. all your seeing is a sea of blue blood after the event

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

I see opportunity... Massive water balloons from above.

Good afternoon Missing.
    Let me clean this /Nabby up for you.

Page 40 of 293 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast