Page 80 of 293 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Today's DD roll:

I haven't seen one of those in about a year.

Ditto. In my defense, I *did* look out the window today and thought to myself I should be doing some of that.

Then I went shopping...

On a gov't auction site I'm registered on, I keep seeing a lot of large industrial machinery being sold dirt cheap. Some working, some not. But selling for way cheaper than even scrapping it would bring in - just because of the logistical hassle of moving the stuff. For instance, a nearby town with a prison has updated their HVAC equipment and are selling 8 building dehumidifiers in working condition. $10 each. These are huge monsters...

So I'm thinking to myself... I thinks, "Self, maybe you should see about buying a truck a then buying this cheap stuff and try flipping/scrapping it." I then answers myself, thinking, "Okay, let's look..."

And amongst the debris, chaff, and downright wrecks, I find this beautiful gem...

A MK48 with Mk14 flatbed cargo trailer.... Currently about $5500.00. *Sigh*

I would prefer to have the cute/ugly truck/thing. At least I could (probably) drive it and I might be able to do maintenance on it or at least find someone to do the work at a price I can (maybe) afford.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

*Bekki wanders in...
    "Yawn..."
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by IssianasGhost View Post
    That's probably not a bad thing really. Those things at this age would be rather costly to maintain not to mention the tail booms are probably expired by now. Our Air Force was just doing a reboom on our fleet when i parted company with them 25ish years ago at 1 million per boom.

That "bargin" Huey probably isn't much of a bargain if it was for sale, hehe.

It's MY fantasy, and as such can be as economically viable as I wish it to be.

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    I would prefer to have the cute/ugly truck/thing. At least I could (probably) drive it and I might be able to do maintenance on it or at least find someone to do the work at a price I can (maybe) afford.

*grin*

It would (should?) certainly make those last second red-light runners think twice about jumping through an intersection when this rig is waiting for it's turn, maybe?
    Collectibles

Community Member

It's MY fantasy, and as such can be as economically viable as I wish it to be.

hehe, needs vs wants is a very grey topic

enjoy the fantasy, I'll stick with my wanting wings

*grin*

It would (should?) certainly make those last second red-light runners think twice about jumping through an intersection when this rig is waiting for it's turn, maybe?
    I did not see a license plate. Can you get those registered for use on roads as a private person?

Some years back someone was selling a T 34 tank for about 30.000€ here in Finland. Guns were de-activated of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    I did not see a license plate. Can you get those registered for use on roads as a private person?

Some years back someone was selling a T 34 tank for about 30.000€ here in Finland. Guns were de-activated of course.
    I'm not sure. It would be fun trying though.
    Collectibles

I'm not sure. It would be fun trying though.
    *Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Afternoon All !!!

As a matter of fact... You can...

Have a few friends who have registered them...
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!

No Gen Con for me this year. (Got my cancellation requests in just in time so I don't take as hard a hit as I thought I would)

Ex just found out about a possible chance to go to a special needs seminar/conference at Tan-Tar-A resort. As family are allowed to accompany (paying for selves, of course) it's a good opportunity to have a family outing together as well as the seminars. So diverting my Gen Con funds to a much more worthy cause.

Back when I was a stripling, my mother worked for Farm Bureau insurance and their annual meetings used to be here. Has been decades since I've been, will be cool to see it again after all this time.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 06-12-2016 at 01:04 AM. Reason: diverge != divert. >_<
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Cool, but...

He saw the bike theft, then unloaded his horse, then geared it up with bridle/saddle/etc, then chased down the thief to lasso him?

I'm not a horse person, but I don't recall ever seeing a horse being hauled in a trailer fully loaded ...
    Collectibles

Cool, but...

He saw the bike theft, then unloaded his horse, then geared it up with bridle/saddle/etc, then chased down the thief to lasso him?

I'm not a horse person, but I don't recall ever seeing a horse being hauled in a trailer fully loaded ...
    I don't know... Maybe Funny can shed some light in this one...

*shrugs...

*grin*

I have always said that if I ever get a big pickup truck, I would put one of those ram bars on the front (like the Police cars have) and then go to a wrecking yard to borrow some car parts to put streaks of assorted paint on the ram bars. You know, for style (and traffic lights).

Cool, but...

It says he had his horse already saddled and setup in the trailer. Not something we agree with, but with that being the case, the lasso would be in easy reach so all he's have to do is drop the door, have his horse pop out, which maybe the horse was already facing the way out. For a professional, hop up and go, would take maybe a second, to 2 seconds, which so long as he can keep a look out for the kid's direction, plenty of time to catch up. Esp if that horse races barrels or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    I have always said that if I ever get a big pickup truck, I would put one of those ram bars on the front (like the Police cars have) and then go to a wrecking yard to borrow some car parts to put streaks of assorted paint on the ram bars. You know, for style (and traffic lights).
    I would distress those parts like they'd been ripped loose from the other vehicles, then weld them to the front bar. THAT would get attention.
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    It says he had his horse already saddled and setup in the trailer. ...
    Ah, k. Missed that bit.
    Collectibles

20 minutes to go before EA's press event at E3 starts. Staying up late getting hyped for Titanfall 2, and the leaked details have done nothing but add steam.

can't wait to pre order it, just need a refund to be processed from another game and then i can get this
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    20 minutes to go before EA's press event at E3 starts. Staying up late getting hyped for Titanfall 2, and the leaked details have done nothing but add steam.

can't wait to pre order it, just need a refund to be processed from another game and then i can get this
    E3 press conference day is my Super Bowl.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    E3 press conference day is my Super Bowl.
    So, was there anything good? Who won? Who was even playing?

Why was there no big DDO announcement at E3?

Page 80 of 293 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast