Page 41 of 293 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Community Member

I had forgotten how nice this was straight.....
    and I doubt much of the bottle will be left by tomorrow. Sometimes life has a way of tossing you such a curve ball that there is just no easy way to deal with it.

In short my Manager resigned today. I knew something was up as she hasn't been her same playful self these past few weeks and with her hubby's health on the down and his business needing a lot of help from her it was no surprise that she has gone to help him, but by golly does it hurt. We made one heck of an awesome team to the point of been able to finish each others sentences and know what we each thought. She helped me take my company from a one man band struggling to get going to a 9 person million dollar turn over company in the past 18 months.

I know I will be able to replace her position eventually, but I doubt I will ever be able to replace her The teamwork and level of trust/ loyalty we had in each other is not easily replaced. She was my constant in all the dramas that have gone down this past year and I will miss her so much.

No I do not plan on crawling into a bottle or doing anything stupid, I'm just feeling rather overwhelmed atm and have chosen to raise my middle finger toward the world for the night knowing that tomorrow will be better. It always is and every time I'm concerned about things I know that I am always provided for. I know there's a hand guiding this, just wish it didn't have to hurt like i've lost someone dear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by IssianasGhost View Post

No I do not plan on crawling into a bottle or doing anything stupid, I'm just feeling rather overwhelmed atm and have chosen to raise my middle finger toward the world for the night knowing that tomorrow will be better. It always is and every time I'm concerned about things I know that I am always provided for. I know there's a hand guiding this, just wish it didn't have to hurt like i've lost someone dear to me.

Enjoy the evening/weekend, Iss, and hit it all head-on again tomorrow.

Nothing wrong with taking an occasional EffTeeDubya night.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post

That is intriguing - I'm just surprised the article skipped past the elephant standing behind that discovery.

Alcohol (as we know it here) is basically yeast poo after it consumes sugars. Yeast is a life form...

And sugar. Not sure how one would create sugar without plants.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 11-06-2015 at 06:19 PM.
    Collectibles

Am surprised I haven't see any mention of game/site outages this morning.

I was doing my Hobbit-land chores and tried to switch servers. LOTRO and DDO log ins started erroring out, and couldn't get to either web page.

...so I renewed my D2 chars and went to sleep. Such a shame to sleep thru most of a Friday.
    Collectibles

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    ...Such a shame to sleep thru most of a Friday.
    hah, well i just slept through most of my saturday which is your friday so i'll say nothing wrong with that
    mind you mine was probably due to 3/4 of that bottle going missing last night

Forced rest, something i've needed for a long time and it has finally happened as i wont be below he legal limit to drive for at least another few hours, hehe

Community Member

So after a nice rest i'm still rather sad at fridays events but have some idea of how to proceed forward. Anyone want to move down here to work? I have a job vacancy for a person of exceptional clerical skill and great communication skills going

And I also dropped by SWTOR as I saw some big changes have been made. I'd have to say I like it. The whole game is rather simple now and very very more star warsy than it was before. Playing as a trooper it actually felt like a clone wars style event as the story continuation is so much better now you can actually go from story to story without having to stop and go grind something before you can move on. As I said, good changes.

Am surprised I haven't see any mention of game/site outages this morning.

I was doing my Hobbit-land chores and tried to switch servers. LOTRO and DDO log ins started erroring out, and couldn't get to either web page.

...so I renewed my D2 chars and went to sleep. Such a shame to sleep thru most of a Friday.
    Sounds more like your home network could have been having issue. Been there, thought that, I was wrong.

But something else to prove nature doesn't take well when you remove ways to get some.
    http://cheezburger.com/8583026432/sc...f=mosaicthumb3

Sounds more like your home network could have been having issue. Been there, thought that, I was wrong....
    Dunno.

Everything else was going thru fine - websites, email, games. Was back to working when I woke up, so didn't pop a headache over it.
    Collectibles

Youngest's regional Special Olympics bowling tournament was earlier today (Saturday).

It was close with a slow start, but she managed to pull a Gold! ...so on to State next March.
    Collectibles

Community Member

Youngest's regional Special Olympics bowling tournament was earlier today (Saturday).

It was close with a slow start, but she managed to pull a Gold! ...so on to State next March.
    Thats awesome. grats

Congrats to her! That's awesome she got gold.

Quote Originally Posted by IssianasGhost View Post
    Thats awesome. grats
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCide View Post
    Congrats to her! That's awesome she got gold.
    Thanks.

We thought for sure the crowd and chaos was gonna get her this year. The first 4 frames of her first game were mostly gutters. However, with some encouragement (and maybe a few bowling alley tater tots) she settled in and bowled really well after that.
    Collectibles

Got to a store last night right after a female had her car stolen. Was sympathetic to her hysterical cries of woe - right up to the point of her comment, "I've had my car stolen before, but all my stuff was in there this time."...
    Collectibles

got glasses.
    is... interesting. at least i can see outlines properly now.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    got glasses.
    is... interesting. at least i can see outlines properly now.
    It is funny how actually seeing the world can make a difference in your life. And also help your vision from getting worse. (case depending).

Hoping through Merriam-Webster (yes, I'm at work if that tells you anything.) I came across this one. I couldn't help but think of Trump.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/top-t...llygoster.html

Dunno.

Everything else was going thru fine - websites, email, games. Was back to working when I woke up, so didn't pop a headache over it.
    Outstanding!!!

Congrats to her!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

While I'm here...

*Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Afternoon All !!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

It is funny how actually seeing the world can make a difference in your life. And also help your vision from getting worse. (case depending).
    Still remember the first time I put on a pair of glasses and suddenly realized that Dr Seuss DIDN'T have trees drawn correctly - they have LEAVES!

(Am currently overdue for a new round of Lazik. Am seeing Seuss trees again this past year.)
    Collectibles

Community Member

Still remember the first time I put on a pair of glasses and suddenly realized that Dr Seuss DIDN'T have trees drawn correctly - they have LEAVES!

(Am currently overdue for a new round of Lazik. Am seeing Seuss trees again this past year.)
    What I still remember the most vivid was how the world jumped up to meet me at each step I took until my brain got used to the fact things where now focused. It was quite euphoric and has never come back again no matter how long i dont wear glasses for before putting them back on.

Page 41 of 293 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast