Page 278 of 293 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 5859

Fred piddled out but handed the baton off to Henri. Are there pool floats attached to the servers, by chance?
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Another R.I.P.

Charlie Watts, Rolling Stones drummer passed today.

Collectibles

Wrote and deleted a huge paragraph on bullying and other stuff going on IRL locally comparing it the environment out in GD today. Too many years on the wrong end of that carpfish in my young days.

Everyone has the 'bad days' when it gets too deep, so we'll just call this one mine - I just managed to grab the Delete button before the Post button. Heh. So much for stopping by to see if I needed to update DDO before firing up Hobbit-side for the afternoon.

*Picks up his fishing gear and heads off to the Trollshaws.* [[sidetracking thru YouTube and other random trails...]]
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 08-25-2021 at 04:17 PM.
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Wrote and deleted a huge paragraph on bullying and other stuff going on IRL locally comparing it the environment out in GD today. Too many years on the wrong end of that carpfish in my young days.

Everyone has the 'bad days' when it gets too deep, so we'll just call this one mine - I just managed to grab the Delete button before the Post button. Heh. So much for stopping by to see if I needed to update DDO before firing up Hobbit-side for the afternoon.

*Picks up his fishing gear and heads off to the Trollshaws.*
    Sorry you're having a bad day Cd. *hugs*
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Sorry you're having a bad day Cd. *hugs*
    Just got my latest CD purchase in the mail. Got something to listen to while I'm fishing 'over there'.

Latest Gary Numan. He's come a long way since Cars.

Collectibles

Update on daughter's war on AML. Email with doc and his answers....

----------------

She has come to the end of the third lot of consolidation and we understand her bone marrow biopsy has come back showing MRD negative which is positive news; you spoke of possibly needing either three or four consolidation courses of chemo according to the response however she believes this third one is potentially the last course. What are your thoughts and plans regarding the next step of her recovery?

[] She is recovering from the third consolidation as expected. Her WBC count from yesterday shows recovery but she continues to require platelet transfusions. I expect the platelets to recover by the end of the week.

Is she likely to need the fourth course of consolidation chemo?

[] With her marrow being MRD negative after the second consolidation, we’re thinking that the third consolidation should be adequate. One can never be sure, but no study has compared 4 cycles with 3 in this setting so I can’t say 4 are necessary and it would add additional toxicity and expense.

Will she have further bone marrow biopsies and at what stage?

[] We may repeat a marrow in 3 months, but typically surveillance marrows aren’t needed if her peripheral blood counts are good.

How long should we expect before her hb and platelets are back within normal ranges again?

[] I expect her platelets to be normal by the end of this week. The Hb may take a few months.

Can you remind me of the follow up plans long term for monitoring Angela?

[] I will be monitoring her CBC at least monthly and likely MRD testing on her peripheral blood every 2-3 months for the first year, and then gradually less often over the next 5 years. Any loss of MRD or change in blood counts would lead to a marrow exam and referral for transplant evaluation.

-----------

As of this morning's appointment, her Hb was good enough that she didn't need any additional blood. Hoping that trend holds.
    Collectibles

That's really good news Cd. *prayers for the best*
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Update on daughter's war on AML. Email with doc and his answers....

----------------

-snip-

-----------

As of this morning's appointment, her Hb was good enough that she didn't need any additional blood. Hoping that trend holds.
    some very promising and hopeful news CD, glad to hear it
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

That's really good news Cd. *prayers for the best*
    Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    some very promising and hopeful news CD, glad to hear it
    Thanks all.

Also, texted Bek checking in on him after Fred and Henri made passes up the coast. Says the big stuff missed them. Couple of tornadoes close by, but no damage. The bartender abides.
    Collectibles

The bartender abides.
    Good news. Break out the purple bottle... only joking. ;p

Good news. Break out the purple bottle...
    No!!! Not the PURPLE bottle! We'll all be....

....only joking. ;p
    ...oh, whew! You got me. I thought you'd really try it. Even *I* won't try THAT.
    Collectibles

Good morning.

I'm actually feeling almost hopeful and positive about the future.

I hope you all have a gloriously wonderful day.

/nab

*does a little dance*

I'm actually feeling almost hopeful and positive about the future.
    /nab

*does a little dance*

It's the magic of the /nab.

Glad to see your spirits up today. (well okay, yesterday)
    Collectibles

It's the magic of the /nab.

Glad to see your spirits up today. (well okay, yesterday)
    Sadly my spirits got jabbed in the eye today. Hubby told me he wants to look for another game because DDO just appeals to him less and less with each wave of changes. I don't think I ever want to play another MMO. I think, if DDO goes, from here on out I'll stick with regular multi-player PC games. Developers just don't go in with a game plan, or don't stick to their game plan and "adapt and overcome" while a pithy slogan doesn't make for enjoyable entertainment, at least not if its constantly in flux.

And strangely I'm not even especially sad just resigned. I think perhaps I've known for awhile that he was increasingly disenchanted with the direction of the game.

Sadly my spirits got jabbed in the eye today. Hubby told me he wants to look for another game because DDO just appeals to him less and less with each wave of changes. I don't think I ever want to play another MMO. I think, if DDO goes, from here on out I'll stick with regular multi-player PC games. Developers just don't go in with a game plan, or don't stick to their game plan and "adapt and overcome" while a pithy slogan doesn't make for enjoyable entertainment, at least not if its constantly in flux.

And strangely I'm not even especially sad just resigned. I think perhaps I've known for awhile that he was increasingly disenchanted with the direction of the game.
    i do get the feeling of no other game quite scratching the itch.

that said, might i recommend trying Guild Wars 2?
    no other MMO save DDO has really caught my love, interest and attention. and the base game is free.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Sadly my spirits got jabbed in the eye today. Hubby told me he wants to look for another game because DDO just appeals to him less and less with each wave of changes. I don't think I ever want to play another MMO.....
    Bummer. Daughter still playing?

If nothing else, can always join me over on Hobbit-side. The fish are always biting there.

Just between you, me, and our remaining lurkers - I've missed a few weekends of rotating thru my Gold rolls, let along spending actual play time in game. I can mostly blame Treebeard server on Hobbit-side, but... Not entirely. I've always been a role-player first and foremost in PnP. The later stages of gaming force one to start looking for the min/max meta-game, and that just doesn't do it for me. I see that play style at the top of the hill and argue with myself why even start the climb when that's looming above. .... I'm sitting here rereading this thinking I probably shouldn't say it with my outside fingers, but gonna hit the Post button anyway.
    Collectibles

Bummer. Daughter still playing?

If nothing else, can always join me over on Hobbit-side. The fish are always biting there.

Just between you, me, and our remaining lurkers - I've missed a few weekends of rotating thru my Gold rolls, let along spending actual play time in game. I can mostly blame Treebeard server on Hobbit-side, but... Not entirely. I've always been a role-player first and foremost in PnP. The later stages of gaming force one to start looking for the min/max meta-game, and that just doesn't do it for me. I see that play style at the top of the hill and argue with myself why even start the climb when that's looming above. .... I'm sitting here rereading this thinking I probably shouldn't say it with my outside fingers, but gonna hit the Post button anyway.
    My daughter plays sporadically, she prefers dress-up rpg-lite games for little kids still. My son plays pretty regularly but even he gets a wild hair and wants to play various other combat rpgs, right now he's into one that has him playing battlefields as a roman warrior with shield and spear, building siege towers, using tactics to take out an opponent's fortifications, avoiding or deflecting arrows, javelins, and other battle projectiles. It looks boring to me but he gets so excited when his team wins.

We still play PnP together 2-3 times a month but that takes a lot of prep time and effort from me, its fun but its not as relaxing as DDO most times, especially when they choose to do something I wasn't prepared for which happens at least once a session. Like the last time we played they were up against a bunch of corrupted plant creatures and my daughter just decided nope she wasn't going to fight she was going to take a walk in the other direction... by herself... away from everyone. So she took her walk, tripped down a shallow ravine, attracted unwanted attention and ended up chased and attacked by a warg and only saved at the last moment. Hopefully she learned the never split the party lesson. Or the time before that when the hasted evil bard bandit leader almost got away but my son's enraged orc barbarian decided what-the-heck he was going to throw his greatsword like a spear at the bad bard's back in the distance... then rolled two 20s in a row. So now the party knows more about the big bad and the henchman didn't escape to warn him. Or the time my hubby's cleric used a combo of a spell, and a persuasion roll to turn the tide of battle with some goblins by convincing half of them to worship his deity. Now there's a small tribe of goblins that worship the deity of luck and travel and because that would totally appeal to that deity he guides them around to other goblin tribes to convert them too. ?!? what the heck?!

Page 278 of 293 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast