Page 270 of 293 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    She hasn't logged into that character yet but we played together yesterday afternoon, mostly hide & Seek and a little questing in Red Fens. She did log the character I put some snowballs on and was devastated we couldn't have a snowball fight in the KotB public zone. I thought about taking her to a PvP pit but I've had jerks show up in the past in there so I've avoided them for almost a decade. Is it possible to set up private instances in them? Well anyways, I posted a thread on the PC asking if we could have some cosmetic snowballs like the pumpkin/skull grenades that just put a flurry of snow on the targeted character.
    There's an NPC in the taverns where you can set up instanced PVP sessions, like capturing the flag & such. I've never used em.

The outlying pits away from the Lobster usually never have visitors even in the open pits.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

CD strolls in the door of the Tavern, making his way to the bar. Little wisps of dust scurry away from his feet as he makes the all-too-familiar stroll across the room. He picks up a glass, looking at it a moment in silence before replacing it on it's rack. Looking around the room, his fingers trace a random pattern in the dust of the bar top. A sideways glance with a raised eyebrow brings one of the Kobold hirelings scurrying from the back room. The Kobold pauses a second giving CD a questioning look. "Nope, haven't seen him, either." The disappointed Kobold's shoulders slump and he begins dejectedly dusting and sweeping the common room. Hatrack even accommodates the short Kobold, bending down so the long unused Bowler Hat he holds can get a quick brushing. Several more bored stockroom Kobolds emerge to help clean, not having any stock to move to keep them busy.

Taking a long look around the room, CD turns towards the stairs up to his attic. He notes the old scars in the woodwork from ancient games of Axes, Daggers, and Darts. The wall of portraits of friends traveling the worlds beyond, and even passing by the fading portrait of a Dwarf wearing his signature Speedos fails to bring the usual grimace to his face. He treads the stairs, listening as each step makes it's own unique, yet familiar, creak as he climbs. He nods his usual greeting to the Attic Kobold who keeps the room livable before making his way to his recliner. However, today he does not melt into it's cozy cushions to let the weight of the world drain off him. He grabs the back of the recliner and drags it over by the attic window. There, where it's position allows a view across a whole quadrant of GD-land, and even some sighting off in the distance of the worlds beyond, he turns and settles into the familiar embrace of the cushions. His eyes wander aimlessly across the distance as his hand snakes inside his jacket and pulls a small pouch and pipe. The nearby Kobold stops his work and looks at CD quizzically. "What dat? You no smoke." CD almost chuckles as he agrees with the little guy. "You're right, I don't" but his hands continue pinching some pouch contents into the immaculate pipe. He clenches the pipe between his teeth as he returns the pouch to it's pocket. He waves off a light the Kobold proffers which gets him another curious look. "Wha... what you doing?" CD pulls the unlit pipe just far enough to speak, "Nothing much, really. Just getting a good view of the world burning down." He finishes with a wink at the Kobold who shakes his head and returns downstairs.

Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    CD strolls in the door of the Tavern, making his way to the bar. Little wisps of dust scurry away from his feet as he makes the all-too-familiar stroll across the room. He picks up a glass, looking at it a moment in silence before replacing it on it's rack. Looking around the room, his fingers trace a random pattern in the dust of the bar top. A sideways glance with a raised eyebrow brings one of the Kobold hirelings scurrying from the back room. The Kobold pauses a second giving CD a questioning look. "Nope, haven't seen him, either." The disappointed Kobold's shoulders slump and he begins dejectedly dusting and sweeping the common room. Hatrack even accommodates the short Kobold, bending down so the long unused Bowler Hat he holds can get a quick brushing. Several more bored stockroom Kobolds emerge to help clean, not having any stock to move to keep them busy.

Taking a long look around the room, CD turns towards the stairs up to his attic. He notes the old scars in the woodwork from ancient games of Axes, Daggers, and Darts. The wall of portraits of friends traveling the worlds beyond, and even passing by the fading portrait of a Dwarf wearing his signature Speedos fails to bring the usual grimace to his face. He treads the stairs, listening as each step makes it's own unique, yet familiar, creak as he climbs. He nods his usual greeting to the Attic Kobold who keeps the room livable before making his way to his recliner. However, today he does not melt into it's cozy cushions to let the weight of the world drain off him. He grabs the back of the recliner and drags it over by the attic window. There, where it's position allows a view across a whole quadrant of GD-land, and even some sighting off in the distance of the worlds beyond, he turns and settles into the familiar embrace of the cushions. His eyes wander aimlessly across the distance as his hand snakes inside his jacket and pulls a small pouch and pipe. The nearby Kobold stops his work and looks at CD quizzically. "What dat? You no smoke." CD almost chuckles as he agrees with the little guy. "You're right, I don't" but his hands continue pinching some pouch contents into the immaculate pipe. He clenches the pipe between his teeth as he returns the pouch to it's pocket. He waves off a light the Kobold proffers which gets him another curious look. "Wha... what you doing?" CD pulls the unlit pipe just far enough to speak, "Nothing much, really. Just getting a good view of the world burning down." He finishes with a wink at the Kobold who shakes his head and returns downstairs.

You would make a good writer.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

You would make a good writer.
    I've written a story or two.

Having played play-by-email D&D & Morrow Project for... decades... hasn't hurt either. Oddly, I've never really gotten into the RP scene here or hobbit-side.
    Collectibles

From an advert for a hoodie:

Collectibles

*sigh*

Things were okay, getting better even so Murphy's Law had to intervene. I'd like to share but all I feel comfortable saying is my Mom had a stroke and she's in the hospital, please send prayers, hugs and positive thoughts.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

*sigh*

Things were okay, getting better even so Murphy's Law had to intervene. I'd like to share but all I feel comfortable saying is my Mom had a stroke and she's in the hospital, please send prayers, hugs and positive thoughts.
    Nuff said. Done and done.

Positive waves to you, her, and the fam.

(Hoping she likes Vanilla - it's the first candle I found.)
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Nuff said. Done and done.

Positive waves to you, her, and the fam.

(Hoping she likes Vanilla - it's the first candle I found.)
    Thanks. Yes, I'm sure she likes vanilla. Roughest bit right now is no visitors at hospitals because pandemic. Which I understand and accept but it doesn't make it any easier to handle the situation.

She's doing a little better. Nurse said she managed to say her own name yesterday but mostly she's communicating through nods and head shakes and pointing. I spent four days (and some late nights) researching a nursing home/rehabilitation facility for her to go while she gets physical and speech therapy. I had to give her case worker 5 choices by Friday afternoon. I used patient reviews, state reviews, calls, etc. I had a list of almost 30 places to which her insurance was applicable. I feel like from my research there really was NO truly good choices just less awful ones. *sigh* Some of the stuff I read makes me hope karma is real and many people come back as cockroaches in their next life or that sludge in ice machines. Maybe that's the real origin of oozes, the reincarnated goop of people that abuse the elderly and sick.

It was a depressing, stressful week where I didn't have time for even light forum reading or daily dice for several days. And I know that's not important to anything at all. Its just this is my way to relax and when I needed most to de-stress I just didn't have the time - all other responsibilities don't take a break just because you get new ones.

Got to video call my Mom for her birthday. She looks good, her communication is better than I have any right to expect but I'm still over here tearing up. Good news is insurance will cover at least part of her physical and speech rehab so, thank goodness.

Got to video call my Mom for her birthday. She looks good, her communication is better than I have any right to expect but I'm still over here tearing up. Good news is insurance will cover at least part of her physical and speech rehab so, thank goodness.

These are good things, considering.

Today's candle is Sugared Lemon.

*hugs*
    Collectibles

Thanks. I appreciate it. *hugs*

Candle for the weekend - Blueberry.
    Collectibles

Thank you. Yesterday the nurse told me Mom said my name. I tried video-calling her again but the App wasn't letting us log-in. Hubby spent an hour figuring out what was setup wrong so it would work next time. I am not tech savvy really. I know the programs/applications I use but not really the underpinnings of how everything works together.

glad to hear there's been some progress, Aelon. fingers crossed.

CD, into scented candles now?

for the first time in a very long time, i'm keeping my grades up. got an A on my last course, and i'm relatively confident i'll get As on my current two.
    plus, keeping my apartment clean and myself fed. going to start cooking for myself soon.

guess i'm starting to adult.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    glad to hear there's been some progress, Aelon. fingers crossed.
    Thanks both of you for the kind thoughts. Did another video call with her yesterday evening her communication is improving slightly but... idk she still needs a lot of help.

Good for you but don't go overboard, take a little time here and there for fun and imagination.

Now for something that should make everyone laugh a little:

My daughter was almost late for the bus this morning and when questioned what was taking so much time - her response was almost poetic in a haiku-like fashion. Also its important, that you read the word "extreme" like it is spoken in Extreme Sports commercials or WWE promos because that was how she said it.

I had to poo a lot.
    The poo was EXTREME!
    So much poo.
    *deep breath then on the exhale-* poo.

This had me laughing all the way to the bus with tears in my eyes. I told her she was a drama-queen yesterday (about something else) and she informed me she was a drama-princess because drama-queens had a fainting couch. *smh* I know she got that idea from MLP but really?!

Condolences. Once you go Adult, you never go back.

But seriously, great news on things rolling for ya!

Throw us some pix of the scenery there when ya can.
    Collectibles

CD, into scented candles now?.
    It's the box I knew where was, and I figure the scenteds may help a little with some connectivity.

The blueberry was a big one and is still running. I don't leave it going when I'm at w***, but soon as I get home I get it lit back up again.

Collectibles

We've had a new visitor the past few weeks. I see this guy on the ground a lot, almost looking like he's stomping around where we have some mole hills. (Go Hawk!)

Finally got a halfway decent shot of him so I could ID him. He's a Red-Shouldered Hawk.

Collectibles

...and /nab.

Collectibles

Page 270 of 293 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280 ... LastLast