Page 264 of 293 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    Sorry.

I know drama follows me due to not censoring my name. Hopefully it's not the same group cdbd3rd is PM'n about, but it wouldnt' surprise me. IN the MMORPG community there is always a group that takes the game beyond a game.
    No worries.

Has always been the #1 rule of the Tavern - drama gets left at the door. Everyone is welcome to drop in and discuss about any topic they want (within the umbrella forum rules, of course). Just gotta "be nice".

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    Sorry.

I know drama follows me due to not censoring my name. Hopefully it's not the same group cdbd3rd is PM'n about, but it wouldnt' surprise me. IN the MMORPG community there is always a group that takes the game beyond a game.
    Oh, so this is what your other face looks like. Fascinating.

And it doesn't follow you, it radiates from you like a giant megawatt light bulb.

i am confusion.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours Afternoon drinks for all...

Greetings All !!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    *Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    Heya stranger.

Good luck there, no one's dusted in weeks. Slackers we be.
    Collectibles

so, Japan has started issuing visas to students receiving the MEXT scholarship, aka a prestigious Japanese Gov scholarship.
    there are rumors that normal international students will be next.

my college says they ought to have an idea within a week. i'll need to leave by 15th Sept latest so that I can quarantine and house-hunt, if i'm attending this sem.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    so, Japan has started issuing visas to students receiving the MEXT scholarship, aka a prestigious Japanese Gov scholarship.
    there are rumors that normal international students will be next.

my college says they ought to have an idea within a week. i'll need to leave by 15th Sept latest so that I can quarantine and house-hunt, if i'm attending this sem.

Fingers crossed.
    Hope it works out for you DB.
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    Hope it works out for you DB.
    You snuck in while I was AFK scarfing some supper.

/Seconded, DB.
    Collectibles

That feeling ya get on the highway when your attention turns from the semi tail-gating you suddenly backing off to the car coming at you in your lane...

Remember that scene in Top Gun when the two jets approach each other head on and pass near by each other? Kinda like that.

Sadly, in retrospect, I didn't get as much of an adrenaline surge as I probably should have for that kind of situation. Got myself back into my original lane and watched the side view to make sure the fishhead made it to the shoulder instead of planting into one of the trucks behind me, then just rolled on home. Just kinduva "Okay, that just happened" moment.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 08-31-2020 at 06:15 AM.
    Collectibles

Default Crystal Cove

The Crystal Cove is one of ( if not ) my favorite events DDO has. Everyone that I've talked to seemed to more or less agree with me. So, why hasn't Standing Stone Games made it a yearly event? Last time it ended was around the end of June 2018. If you know the answer, please let me know!
    Thanks in advance!

Also, if you want to leave a comment about some of your favorite things about the Cove, I'd love to hear them!
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

Some of my favorite things about it were running around killing monsters while slowly recovering HP and SP, and trying to find the hidden chests. I also enjoyed the Cove its self, but I normally failed.
    Sincerely, Zorrbeania

Quote Originally Posted by Zorrbeania View Post
    Some of my favorite things about it were running around killing monsters while slowly recovering HP and SP, and trying to find the hidden chests. I also enjoyed the Cove its self, but I normally failed.
    some of my earliest memories of DDO include the cove.
    it's quite literally part of my childhood. would love to see it comeback.

*furtively looks around to see if the devs are watching, considering how prophetic some of my past statements have been*
    (would be quite funny if SSG takes decisions based on my forum comments lol)
    Last edited by doomboyv2; 09-01-2020 at 04:59 AM.

(would be quite funny if SSG takes decisions based on my forum comments lol)
    How many times have we told you not to walk past that funny smelling house with the smoke seeping out the windows? Tsk.

Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    How many times have we told you not to walk past that funny smelling house with the smoke seeping out the windows? Tsk.

but they give me free/discounted candy!

now that the free period is up, grabbed Sharn. now just need to wait 2 months to grab Ravenloft, and avoid spending my points before that

but they give me free/discounted candy!

now that the free period is up, grabbed Sharn. now just need to wait 2 months to grab Ravenloft, and avoid spending my points before that
    okay, so I log in today and i see double bonus points running as a promo.

Devs, i know you're watching me. Sup?
    (also i won't complain if you pick one of my submissions for screenshot of the week so i get some points )

Unhappy

Son starts Junior High this week. He lost a tooth today so we decided to give him the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa talk before he ends up getting bullied for being the innocent he is... he cried. I cried. I feel sad now. I gave him lots of hugs but its that childhood magic ending. No more Neverland. I feel like I made a bad decision and now my heart hurts.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Son starts Junior High this week. He lost a tooth today so we decided to give him the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa talk before he ends up getting bullied for being the innocent he is... he cried. I cried. I feel sad now. I gave him lots of hugs but its that childhood magic ending. No more Neverland. I feel like I made a bad decision and now my heart hurts.
    You did good. Finding out from you will be a LOT better for him in the long run over experiencing that revelation at school. A LOT LOT better...

The Great Pumpkin, on the other hand...

*parent hug*
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    you made the right call. better from you or your spouse than anyone else.

so. college contacts me, says it'll likely take 2 months or so for them to get my Certificate of Eligibility.
    this is a document i need to apply for my long term visa to Japan.

i say alright, fair enough. i'll take a leave of absence then, and join next sem onwards.
    two days later, they tell me they received my CoE.

I say great! i'll start prepping my visa application.

they say, "Hold on, India is still blocked from entering Japan"

...GRAAAAAAARGH

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    You did good. Finding out from you will be a LOT better for him in the long run over experiencing that revelation at school. A LOT LOT better...
    The Great Pumpkin, on the other hand...

*parent hug*
    you made the right call. better from you or your spouse than anyone else.
    Thanks guys. I'm sure you're right. Its just hard to let go and see them grow up. Hubby was poking fun, saying it was amazing son had reached 11 still believing and all because I keep the kids too sheltered. But my childhood was almost the opposite. Anything but sheltered. There has to be a happy middle ground.

I say great! i'll start prepping my visa application.
    they say, "Hold on, India is still blocked from entering Japan"
    ...GRAAAAAAARGH
    That must be frustrating. What will you do? Do they have any idea how long the no-travel restriction will continue? I haven't actually been much affected by this pandemic other than home-schooling/virtual schooling the kids because I'm such a hermit I hardly go anywhere anyways. I can't imagine what you must be going through ready to take a next step in life and stymied by circumstances beyond your control. Hang in there, don't give up hope.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 264 of 293 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast