Page 25 of 293 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I'm not surprised one bit either. I mean what do we have in the US? Lolipop Chainsaw? Just... yeah.
    Ninja Geisha actually sound kinda fun.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

soooo
    dad and i made a deal.

if i get a scholarship, i get an alienware laptop.
    that works out great, since i'll only want an alienware laptop if i'm going overseas, and i'm only going overseas on a scholarship.

so... it all fits

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    soooo
    dad and i made a deal.

that works out great, since i'll only want an alienware laptop if i'm going overseas, and i'm only going overseas on a scholarship.

so... it all fits
    Get your study on, youngster.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Karma. Gotta love it when she's paying attention.

At my last stop last night I grabbed a bag of chips for the drive home. On a whim, I also grabbed a $1 lottery scratch-off. When I noticed the clerk give me an extra dollar in my change, I teased him about it holding out the fanned bills and asked what was wrong with that picture.

...that ticket was a $50 winner.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Karma. Gotta love it when she's paying attention.

At my last stop last night I grabbed a bag of chips for the drive home. On a whim, I also grabbed a $1 lottery scratch-off. When I noticed the clerk give me an extra dollar in my change, I teased him about it holding out the fanned bills and asked what was wrong with that picture.

...that ticket was a $50 winner.
    nice! what goes around comes around

the new events in gw2 seem really... useless.
    still trying to find a way to make some money.

Guess who left their Jeep windows open during the thunder-storms yesterday afternoon/evening?
    Collectibles

Guess who left their Jeep windows open during the thunder-storms yesterday afternoon/evening?
    Yeap... karma. It put you back in your place.

the new events in gw2 seem really... useless.
    still trying to find a way to make some money.
    You aren't alone. A good chunk of the forums are not happy either. I think it was poorly designed as well. It is nothing but a money sink, and I'm not talking rewards either.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...

*Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

My thanks to all of you who ever served as a soldier, a doctor, a police officer, a nurse, a fire fighter, an ambulance driver, an EMT, a counselor, or any ordinary person who stepped up to rescue, protect, or recover someone else.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    My thanks to all of you who ever served as a soldier, a doctor, a police officer, a nurse, a fire fighter, an ambulance driver, an EMT, a counselor, or any ordinary person who stepped up to rescue, protect, or recover someone else.
    *Tips hate in TY*

I was about to ask "To what do we owe the thanks for?" But then noticed the date and figured tis probably a date related thank you.

Community Member

You aren't alone. A good chunk of the forums are not happy either. I think it was poorly designed as well. It is nothing but a money sink, and I'm not talking rewards either.
    I havent logged on over there in a we while, what am I missing?

Community Member

Heh, not quite as bad as my phone call the other day but certainly in the same vain.

Boys had been on site doing roof cowls for an extraction system - they had 2x 12m long roof flashings to do then 8x 6" penetrations with cowls and boots - an easy days work all up on a roof 6m up. Due to my injury I had voted to instruct them on how to do it and then leave them to carry on as it was a pretty straight forward task, I had felt I might be able to do it but though better of trying.
    I get a call about 3.30pm that they have been forced off the roof due to high winds and it's raining. NP you've covered the holes you made and done them one at a time right?... wrong.... they had cut all 8 holes and had only put cowls in 2 of them. Needless to say yours truly had to race over put harness on and go up to seal the remaining holes so we didn't end up with a massive insurance bill from water damage pouring in through 6x 6" holes in a brand new commercial building.

Lesson learnt for the boys was to cut and seal one hole at a time! Lesson learnt by my, never assume your staff think logically!
    When I got down I was drenched, freezing (it was hailing as well, hehe) and rather sore. The youngest member of my team just dumbfoundedly stating "your a machine"
    It felt good to be able to be in a harness again and do that work after 4 months off, but did highlight I need a lot more physio work.

Community Member

soooo
    dad and i made a deal.

so... it all fits
    Grats on the new laptop, yeah I know it's not yours yet... but we believe in you so it will be yours

Quote Originally Posted by IssianasGhost View Post
    I get a call about 3.30pm that they have been forced off the roof due to high winds and it's raining. NP you've covered the holes you made and done them one at a time right?... wrong.... they had cut all 8 holes and had only put cowls in 2 of them. Needless to say yours truly had to race over put harness on and go up to seal the remaining holes so we didn't end up with a massive insurance bill from water damage pouring in through 6x 6" holes in a brand new commercial building.....
    Ain't it great being the boss?

Collectibles

I havent logged on over there in a we while, what am I missing?
    http://dulfy.net/2015/09/10/gw2-mord...n-event-guide/

Lesson learnt for the boys was to cut and seal one hole at a time! Lesson learnt by my, never assume your staff think logically!
    When I got down I was drenched, freezing (it was hailing as well, hehe) and rather sore. The youngest member of my team just dumbfoundedly stating "your a machine"
    It felt good to be able to be in a harness again and do that work after 4 months off, but did highlight I need a lot more physio work.
    Also sounds like you got a reminder of what you can do that you almost forgot you could given your incident.

Community Member

Ain't it great being the boss?

No... some days I think it was better just been the worker getting given the list of things to do.
    but then I remind myself my tax bill this year was only 1/4 of what it would have been had I been a worker. Gotta love how accountants make the figures do funky things.

Also sounds like you got a reminder of what you can do that you almost forgot you could given your incident.
    Totally agrees. In fact I've just come from going back on said roof today by myself and assembling the entire air conditioning mounting platform that they failed to get built due to the weather.
    I think I needed the push to realize I can still do this. However that said, I am still officially off work until end October as I still can't raise the arm above my head. The physio was very clear on this point, until that arm has full range of movement you are not healed and cannot return to work in my current profession.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

Have a great Weekend.
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Page 25 of 293 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast