Page 199 of 293 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 5859

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...

*Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!
    Last edited by Bekki; 01-19-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

https://www.amazon.com/BIC-Fashion-R.../dp/B005YGLA5Y

read the Q&A and the reviews. Very helpful for the missus... missuses? missi?
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    I'd get some lukkosula from nearest market, but it appears there is no translation for that (anti-freeze for locks), so that might prove difficult. Hot air blower (or hair dryer) is much better idea than using hot water, as slower thawing causes less damage, and everything does not end up wet. Oiling the lock will help keep water away to prevent freezing in the future. (Sorry if all this is obvious to you.)
    Yep. Had some windshield De-Icer in the garage. That plus another application of the lighter on the shackle opened it up nicely. (I had heavy duty bolt cutters as a back-up plan. >:-) )

Am finding my habit of pack-ratting is eating up the garage space... (Been here, done this) ... again.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

My pack-ratting got reset when most of my non-washable things had to be thrown away because of some contamination I was allergic to in 2010. I still don't know if it was mold, chemicals from renovation or chemicals from previous tenant who was know user of illegal drugs. He might have made some meta in there.

Now I got home from my two hours of teaching, have a break of seven hours and continue with two hours of DMing. Not a bad w***day, I'd say.

Also I got tickets to see Helloween, and Billy Idol is booked at the same rock festival, so ticket includes that. Festival is clearly not meant for people born in this millenium.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Crazy weather we've been having. Yesterday the kids had off for Martin Luther King Jr., it was a sunny day in the mid to high 60's so we took them to the zoo. Today it was in the 30's to start with but got colder as the day progressed (25 right now) complete with sleet and a little snow. This isn't a common temperature in Houston and people are freaking out like a blizzard is coming. I don't understand all the fuss. I decided to bake a lot today, because I delight in being toasty warm in my kitchen while ice covers the ground outside.

I made blueberry muffins, coffee cake, and shepherd's pie.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

oh man.
    just spent the entire day working on a technical assessment this place sent me, where i'd applied for an internship.

the program wasn't exactly tough if you had used those tools before, but it really put me through the wringer.

felt like i went in blind and now i'm more confident in my abilities. still, i also saw how i've already grown. i knew certain tasks would have to be repeated, so i made proper, fleshed out functions for them. by the time i'd done two thirds of the program, the last third was just a few lines using the functions.

felt so good to see how i'd learned

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    oh man.
    just spent the entire day working on a technical assessment this place sent me, where i'd applied for an internship.

the program wasn't exactly tough if you had used those tools before, but it really put me through the wringer.

felt like i went in blind and now i'm more confident in my abilities. still, i also saw how i've already grown. i knew certain tasks would have to be repeated, so i made proper, fleshed out functions for them. by the time i'd done two thirds of the program, the last third was just a few lines using the functions.

felt so good to see how i'd learned
    Good on ya.

Great foresight to recognize that tasks would be repeated too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Crazy weather we've been having. Yesterday the kids had off for Martin Luther King Jr., it was a sunny day in the mid to high 60's so we took them to the zoo. Today it was in the 30's to start with but got colder as the day progressed (25 right now) complete with sleet and a little snow. This isn't a common temperature in Houston and people are freaking out like a blizzard is coming. I don't understand all the fuss. I decided to bake a lot today, because I delight in being toasty warm in my kitchen while ice covers the ground outside.

I made blueberry muffins, coffee cake, and shepherd's pie.
    Last couple days we've finally gotten back out of the <20s.

Weather man has enjoyed pointing out that we've been colder than most of Alaska on some days. (He likes the cold & snow. Weird guy - but in the good way.)

Gonna celebrate the weather by pushing thru the last of the move, I hope. Am realizing the sad fact that moving things apart is easier than moving them back together.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-19-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    Collectibles

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!
    Last edited by Bekki; 01-19-2018 at 01:13 PM.

*looks left

*looks right

Only #nab on 00s right?

*nabs snacks instead

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    *looks left

*looks right

Only #nab on 00s right?

*nabs snacks instead
    Hundreds,
    Mirrored (1221 Etc.),
    Sequential, (12345, 4321, etc.)
    Fibonacci numbers...
    Numbers with special meaning...
    And there were some other that have since been forgotten...

Good afternoon all.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Am realizing the sad fact that moving things apart is easier than moving them back together.
    *Assumes a sage tone* It sounds profound but may be the result of our manufacturing system, I will give a counter example: it is much easier to accumulate mess on a child (bringing things together) than to remove the resultant mess and stains from the child and all nearby surfaces.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Good afternoon all.

*Assumes a sage tone* It sounds profound but may be the result of our manufacturing system, I will give a counter example: it is much easier to accumulate mess on a child (bringing things together) than to remove the resultant mess and stains from the child and all nearby surfaces.
    Yep, similar. Similar.

My reference was when we divorced, we moved our stuff out of the house = half to her storage, half to mine. Easy peasy (emotional trama aside).

Now. Her place full of stuff. My place full of stuff. Plus I had never gotten around to emptying my storage, so more stuff. Now trying to cram it all into one space. OH! ...and my mother will be living with us. So even MORE stuff.

Moral of the story? We should have bought a bigger house.

--------

Storage... Ugh. 10 years, 3 months. Most of those years were $150/mo. Last few years, owners had been jacking the rent up. This past year has been $175/mo. I know better than to do the math...

15(175) + 12(165) + 12(155) + 84(150)=
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-21-2018 at 01:44 AM.
    Collectibles

Good afternoon all.

...did you just solve entropy?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    ...did you just solve entropy?
    Accumulating mess is easier than removing it, yes that is enropy.

Cd, I bet you have considered building additional storage, if it is allowed. That is the traditional way.

Cd, I bet you have considered building additional storage, if it is allowed. That is the traditional way.
    Yeah, once upon a time I'd be all about that. Nowadays, I'm more of a 'point-and-make-it-happen' guy.

Options either way will depend on how well the future budget stays within expected bounds. Heh.
    Collectibles

Yeah, once upon a time I'd be all about that. Nowadays, I'm more of a 'point-and-make-it-happen' guy.

Options either way will depend on how well the future budget stays within expected bounds. Heh.
    Me too. There was once an adverticement that said in Finnish: "Seitsemän kymmenestä vapaa-ajan rakentajasta päätyy hirteen." It was meant to say that 7 out of 10 people who build in their free time choose massive timber.
    Another interpretation of the same sentence is that they end up hanging themselves.

Me too. There was once an adverticement that said in Finnish: "Seitsemän kymmenestä vapaa-ajan rakentajasta päätyy hirteen." It was meant to say that 7 out of 10 people who build in their free time choose massive timber.
    Another interpretation of the same sentence is that they end up hanging themselves.
    Well, the choice of a timber is an important aspect of hanging oneself. ...well, or so I hear.

Meanwhile...

Got a good deal on a display model. (Hence the color) Not the workshop/garage combo I'll be aiming for in the future, but good enough for packratting for now.

The BEST part of this was watching the driver unload the thing and move it to it's location. He had a little remote control tractor that just 'drove' it right into place.

Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-23-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Collectibles

Got a good deal on a display model. (Hence the color) Not the workshop/garage combo I'll be aiming for in the future, but good enough for packratting for now.
    That looks efficient. Bonus points for good shape of the roof.

Page 199 of 293 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast