Page 191 of 293 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 5859

Burning off a couple more use-or-lose vacation days, so doesn't feel so much like a Monday to me, but for the rest of y'all...

Happy Monday!
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    Okay, new take:

In my best encouraging teacher voice: "Look, You did almost everything correctly. You forgot just one small detail and that prevented You from reaching the desired outcome. That is one of the most common mistakes in this kind of problems. You will remember it next time, right?"
    Indeed.

Collectibles

Morning all.

Ran Revels with my kids mostly this weekend. Saturday with my son, he mostly wanted the cosmetic helms so we got him the Blue Reaper Helm and the permanent Pumpkin. He actually got up in the chair and did a little jig after he got the Pumpkin. Sunday I tried to herd cats, I mean I ran with my daughter once through each quest. She has 47 of each ingredient, so it will take a little more effort (without herding cats) to get her enough for the Blue Reaper plate which is what she said she wants the most. She asked to run the quests with me but... her cleric was "scared" so much that I was just relieved when it ended. And yet... and yet before she left the computer room she hugged me and said "that was fun mommy." So she had fun pretending with her character even if I found the experience incredibly frustrating.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    ... And yet... and yet before she left the computer room she hugged me and said "that was fun mommy." So she had fun pretending with her character even if I found the experience incredibly frustrating.

Collectibles

Hm.

Collectibles

I was running one of my server favor farmer characters yesterday. I did that lords of dust chain that get him from Eberron to Eveningstar. He was lvl 16 and had sword of shadows from 10th anniversary, so he was overpovering everything on normal, so I decided to do the stop the ritual optional. Reavers kept interrupting him, so I put his cleric hire to passive and after several tries got her to pull the lever. In the chest was greater experience elixir. I tried to take couple of screenshots, but now I can't find the folder where they were supposed to go.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

My signature says it all.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

Happy Halloween!!!

Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Good Morning.

Happy Halloween! We all woke up this morning to a surprise Jack O' Lantern that hubby had carved after we went to sleep. It had a battery operated light inside that I switched on for the kids delight. Of course when I went to the fridge to make the kids' breakfast there was a pot inside with pumpkin innards... and a note attached: "Hey Babe can I have a pumpkin pie please?"

Looks like I'm making a pie today. Have fun everyone.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I was a little lazy, I used a Keebler graham cracker pie shell. After cooking down and blending all the pumpkin I had to freeze at least 3/4 of it. I think there's enough there for 4 or 5 more pies.

The whole pumpkin cost $2.50, a can of processed pumpkin costs $2. I think the companies selling the pumpkin in cans are making an awful lot of money off of people that don't want to go to the effort of prepping the pumpkin to make pie. But who am I to complain? I just used a $2.50 pre-made graham cracker pie shell because I didn't want to go to the effort of mixing pie dough and rolling it out and fitting it into the pie pan.

I was a little lazy, I used a Keebler graham cracker pie shell. After cooking down and blending all the pumpkin I had to freeze at least 3/4 of it. I think there's enough there for 4 or 5 more pies.

The whole pumpkin cost $2.50, a can of processed pumpkin costs $2. I think the companies selling the pumpkin in cans are making an awful lot of money off of people that don't want to go to the effort of prepping the pumpkin to make pie. But who am I to complain? I just used a $2.50 pre-made graham cracker pie shell because I didn't want to go to the effort of mixing pie dough and rolling it out and fitting it into the pie pan.
    Here literally time is money, or using money saves time. If you calculate how much money you save per hour doing the thing yourself, buying gets much easier to justify.
    On the other hand there are the arguments about slow food and slow life and doing things together.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Good afternoon all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    Here literally time is money, or using money saves time. If you calculate how much money you save per hour doing the thing yourself, buying gets much easier to justify.
    On the other hand there are the arguments about slow food and slow life and doing things together.

Hmmm. I think softening and prepping the pumpkin took hours (mostly on the stove), whereas the pie shell would have taken 10 mins tops but pie dough is finicky, sometimes sticky, and cleaning it off my rolling pin and fingernails... grrrr.

Once a year I make a family recipe of my husband's that comes from his paternal grandmother. Bohemian dumplings. I call them Gravy Sponges. It takes an hour from start to finish to make one full recipe, but I usually make it three times, so he has enough for all Thanksgiving leftovers and some can be frozen till Christmas. It is the messiest recipe I have ever tried. I require someone else clean the kitchen and all pots, mixing bowls and counter surfaces after that ordeal. Most peculiarly they require slicing by thread. By thread!

Good afternoon all.

Hmmm. I think softening and prepping the pumpkin took hours (mostly on the stove), whereas the pie shell would have taken 10 mins tops but pie dough is finicky, sometimes sticky, and cleaning it off my rolling pin and fingernails... grrrr.

Once a year I make a family recipe of my husband's that comes from his paternal grandmother. Bohemian dumplings. I call them Gravy Sponges. It takes an hour from start to finish to make one full recipe, but I usually make it three times, so he has enough for all Thanksgiving leftovers and some can be frozen till Christmas. It is the messiest recipe I have ever tried. I require someone else clean the kitchen and all pots, mixing bowls and counter surfaces after that ordeal. Most peculiarly they require slicing by thread. By thread!
    SSOIDH.

Better yet, a copy of said recipe and a comprehensive youtube video link.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

*drops down from rafters*
    *slips over to eastern window and opens shutters*

Happy Friday.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    *drops down from rafters*
    *slips over to eastern window and opens shutters*

Happy Friday.

Friday?

Awesome. Friday's are excellent for sleeping.

Collectibles

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

Happy Friday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Friday?

Awesome. Friday's are excellent for sleeping.

Smiles evilly...,

Casts invisibility on blanket...

*sees CD lying down without a blanket.*
    oh, he'll get cold.

*puts a blanket on top of him*
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    SSOIDH.

Better yet, a copy of said recipe and a comprehensive youtube video link.
    I have no video of myself making said recipe but if you want it here it is:

1 cup All purpose flour
    1 cup Self rising flour
    2 tsp salt
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp dried rosemary
    5 slices of bread (cut into cubes)

2 eggs
    1/2 cup warm milk

1/4 cup or so extra flour for kneading process

Large, wide pot for boiling. I use a gallon size pot. Fill it halfway with water and set to boil.

Mix dry ingredients in one mixing bowl, blend liquid ingredients in another (or measuring cup as I do), then mix together.
    Spread a 1/4 cup extra flour on a large, clean surface to knead the resulting mess, I mean mixture, when it all looks roughly the same form it into a ball and slowly shape the ball into a large roll. Slice moist roll in half with knife and drop both rolls in the boiling water. I boil it for 20 minutes, although the original recipe only called for 15, because the center of the rolls don't seem to cook all the way through at 15 minutes. When done the outside will look wet and sloppy and the rolls swell to twice their original size... but use tongs or a pair of forks to pull them out of the boiling water (which now looks gross from flour goop) and place them on a large flat plate or clean cutting board. Then take a piece of thread about 12-14 inches long, loop it around your fingers, slide it under the roll and pull up carefully slicing the roll into rounds about the width of a slice of bread. They will look a lot like regular bread but be about 2 or 3 times more dense. I usually end up crossing the ends of the thread over the top of the roll before each slice like a garrote because its easier to control the slice that way, but its tedious and takes longer. By the way I learned to do that in sculpture class with clay and wire.

Congratulations you should now have approximately 1 and 1/2 gallon freezer bags worth of gravy sponges, I mean Bohemian dumplings, enjoy. Also I have on a couple of occasions used this recipe to make dumplings (regular golf ball sized dumplings) for turkey soup and my hubby loved it.

Page 191 of 293 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast