Page 162 of 293 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Wind blew over the cherry tree I planted in the front yard several years back. Tried digging around the root structure to see if I could just dig under and set it in a little deeper, but dumb tree sent it's main tap root off at a 90° angle along the top soil instead of straight down. So, had to put my pet tree to sleep.
    Odd. Do you have rock or a clay layer under the surface? Only reasons I can think of for a tap root to run parallel with the surface.

Good morning all.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Good morning all.
    Good evening and congratulations!

Good morning all.
    Morning, errrr, afternoon Aelowny.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    Odd. Do you have rock or a clay layer under the surface? Only reasons I can think of for a tap root to run parallel with the surface.
    I planted it in the spot an old elm had died and been taken out a couple years before.
    But yeah, when I tried digging under the current root system, I did run into packed clay. Good call.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    Good evening and congratulations!
    On Player's Council? Thanks. Almost didn't apply, seen many people get verbally harassed for it. Hope no one takes umbrage with me.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

On Player's Council? Thanks. Almost didn't apply, seen many people get verbally harassed for it. Hope no one takes umbrage with me.
    Not in here they won't.
    Collectibles

Not in here they won't.
    /signed

I planted it in the spot an old elm had died and been taken out a couple years before.
    But yeah, when I tried digging under the current root system, I did run into packed clay. Good call.
    May be the reason the previous tree died as well.

If you plan on replacing the tree it might be worth the effort to dig a deeper hole. That clay layer may not be very thick.

A deeper hole might give the taproot enough space to get started in the right direction and push into the clay.

The odd things you pick up when grandparents were farmers...

May be the reason the previous tree died as well....
    The previous tree was a matched Elm to the one left standing (barely). They're old and took unkindly to a past trim job. The one still standing is on it's last year. Just waited for the squirrels who live there to get the pups raised old enough to handle a forced move.

Won't be replacing the lil tree.
    Collectibles

The odd things you pick up when grandparents were farmers...
    Same.

Some lessons more painful than others - like how that cute little calf running at you is gonna knock you on your behind despite it's size. (But my grandpa and uncle were amused.)
    Collectibles

Morning all.

Not in here they won't.
    Thank you. This is probably the kindest and coziest place on the entire forums though. My little girl is growing so she's been sleeping a lot lately. I've been taking advantage of the quiet time trying to craft some gear in the new CC system. I don't think I've ever spent so much time in a game... not really playing. I don't know how I feel about it, exactly, but it sure beats inventory maintenance and its massively cutting down on all the things I've kept because I thought they'd be useful someday.

Morning all.

Thank you. This is probably the kindest and coziest place on the entire forums though. My little girl is growing so she's been sleeping a lot lately. I've been taking advantage of the quiet time trying to craft some gear in the new CC system. I don't think I've ever spent so much time in a game... not really playing. I don't know how I feel about it, exactly, but it sure beats inventory maintenance and its massively cutting down on all the things I've kept because I thought they'd be useful someday.
    I've been doing the same on a couple characters here and there. Ran short of some collectables so there are a few pieces that aren't completely finished right now. So easy to sell named and decon rand gen stuff and not worry about 'am I gonna need that...'

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Cd; Sorry about the tree.

Aelowny; Congrats on the council!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    *Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!
    *snags some of this and one of those on his way to his accustomed table

Morning. Anything interesting over the weekend?

Congratulations. I hope you find it as rewarding as I did.

I was on the PC a few years ago (shortly after joining DDO). Maybe I got lucky but there was very little grief directed to me. There was the general "the PC should ..." and other less than helpful suggestions in the forums but nothing specific at me. Maybe I got lucky.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Good evening.

Thanks Bek. Thanks Hazel. I doubt anyone will find something to heckle me with but I've been dismayed by some of the arguments on the forums in the past and the way they carry on beyond all reason. So I'm just going to hope I avoid the laser eye of belligerence. Huh, I think I just realized some of the forum denizens are actually beholders in disguise. *Ack!*

Morning all.

Morning all.
    Yep, barely.

Cool days, especially the last couple rainy ones, so very good for sleeping.
    Collectibles

Page 162 of 293 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast