Page 148 of 293 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 5859

We just ran Party Crashers together for the first time this afternoon. She was less than thrilled with it, although its one of my son's favorites. She was instantly sad that Nibbles was gone (from the Anniversary party). She was also quite upset that the pink fairies were mean, even when I explained that they were only illusions. The fire giant was trying to stomp her. She had trouble jumping to the balcony (clerics, especially halfling clerics can't jump.) Didn't seem interested in the poisonmaster or the spellmaster parts.

The parts she did enjoy:
    All the moving illusions from the balcony. "Look all the kobolds are gone!"
    Changing the statue into a pig. "Oink Oink Oink."
    Changing the theater backdrops. I sort of told her it was her story, since it started in Korthos and went to the harbor. I glossed over the grave bit.
    Pretending we had to go to the bathroom to trick a bad guy.
    Sneaking out of the bathroom to take on the hidden tiefling groups one by one.
    End fight, with no fight, as I read Cyan's lines and the Tiefling's with my version of their character voices. In my mind the Tiefling at the end sounds like Vizzini from the Princess Bride.

We skipped the Abishai.

She's getting a lot better at moving her character around. Her melee skills are still pretty poor but at least she swings at enemies now instead of instantly running away. She barely uses her spells yet... they're just visual effects as far as she's concerned at this time. So its all about exploration, story and new sights.

By the way, last night before she ditched me for Korthos we ran A Small Problem, and today she was thrilled to discover that the dwarf in the theater was replaced by Brawnpits. She agrees he makes a much better giant actor. But she asked a great question... why is the dragon not played by a kobold?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    We just ran Party Crashers together for the first time this afternoon. She was less than thrilled with it, although its one of my son's favorites. She was instantly sad that Nibbles was gone (from the Anniversary party). She was also quite upset that the pink fairies were mean, even when I explained that they were only illusions. The fire giant was trying to stomp her. She had trouble jumping to the balcony (clerics, especially halfling clerics can't jump.) Didn't seem interested in the poisonmaster or the spellmaster parts.

The parts she did enjoy:
    All the moving illusions from the balcony. "Look all the kobolds are gone!"
    Changing the statue into a pig. "Oink Oink Oink."
    Changing the theater backdrops. I sort of told her it was her story, since it started in Korthos and went to the harbor. I glossed over the grave bit.
    Pretending we had to go to the bathroom to trick a bad guy.
    Sneaking out of the bathroom to take on the hidden tiefling groups one by one.
    End fight, with no fight, as I read Cyan's lines and the Tiefling's with my version of their character voices. In my mind the Tiefling at the end sounds like Vizzini from the Princess Bride.

We skipped the Abishai.

She's getting a lot better at moving her character around. Her melee skills are still pretty poor but at least she swings at enemies now instead of instantly running away. She barely uses her spells yet... they're just visual effects as far as she's concerned at this time. So its all about exploration, story and new sights.

By the way, last night before she ditched me for Korthos we ran A Small Problem, and today she was thrilled to discover that the dwarf in the theater was replaced by Brawnpits. She agrees he makes a much better giant actor. But she asked a great question... why is the dragon not played by a kobold?
    So much fun to hear about your adventures. This will have me smiling as I soon answer the call of my pillow.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Hey y'all. Got a favor to ask.

One of my few HS friends and original D&D groupies just got news their mother (& basically my 2nd mom) has stage 3/4 lymphoma. Her 82nd birthday is coming up and they're organizing a card shower for her, aiming for at least 82 cards. Since we cover a large portion of the globe, I'm asking if any of ya'll would send cards from your home turfs. I think it'd be awesome to see her reaction when she gets cards from around the world.

I'm deciding against posting her address openly, but anyone interested in sending a birthday card please PM me for the address.

Muchly appreciated.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Collectibles

*Stomps into Tavern...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Afternoon All

8-12 in's of snow they said....
    What do we get...

A cold wet bucket of &@$!

What does it do...?

THIS!

I'm so mad right now!
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post

I'm so mad right now!

Yuck!

Not sure why your local people weren't calling for a heavy fall. That's what our local guys here were saying was headed your way. (Tho I think they were calling the heaviest to track a little further North of you, up across NY.)

Still that's some royal suckage there. Your fence, or neighbor's?
    Collectibles

<snip>
    I'm so mad right now!
    Perhaps some of this will cheer you up.

Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Yuck!

Not sure why your local people weren't calling for a heavy fall. That's what our local guys here were saying was headed your way. (Tho I think they were calling the heaviest to track a little further North of you, up across NY.)

Still that's some royal suckage there. Your fence, or neighbor's?
    My fence... Of course...

But, it looks like the homeowners will cover it... But its still a pain.
    The oldest has some buddies who do tree removal so ol' Groot in the back yard there is going bye-bye!
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Perhaps some of this will cheer you up.

Heh, heh.

And While I'm here...

*Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

My fence... Of course...

The oldest has some buddies who do tree removal so ol' Groot in the back yard there is going bye-bye!

Bye Groot.
    Collectibles

One of my few HS friends and original D&D groupies just got news their mother (& basically my 2nd mom) has stage 3/4 lymphoma. Her 82nd birthday is coming up and they're organizing a card shower for her, aiming for at least 82 cards. Since we cover a large portion of the globe, I'm asking if any of ya'll would send cards from your home turfs. I think it'd be awesome to see her reaction when she gets cards from around the world.

I'm deciding against posting her address openly, but anyone interested in sending a birthday card please PM me for the address.

Muchly appreciated.
    i'll just check if i can send mail from my college. if i can, i'll shoot you a PM.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    i'll just check if i can send mail from my college. if i can, i'll shoot you a PM.
    Awesome! Thanks DB.

Dropped the address in your mailbox just in case it works out.
    Collectibles

Muchly appreciated.

Am hoping Iss stops by soon, and can throw a note at Maz. That'll cover NZ and Auzzieland.

Anyone else in? Have 12 days to make my evil plan work....

Last edited by cdbd3rd; 03-15-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    Collectibles

My fence... Of course...

Groot is never really gone.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

Morning All !!!
    Yes, it is most definitely morning.

And way to cold for my taste. 22F in March? In Georgia?

Am hoping Iss stops by soon, and can throw a note at Maz. That'll cover NZ and Auzzieland.

Anyone else in? Have 12 days to make my evil plan work....

My son and I will be sending them this weekend.

Bye Groot.
    Trust me; I really hate to take down such a tree.
    But to look at it I just can't help but feel like it's in pain.
    So I would rather remove so it doesn't suffer anymore.

Page 148 of 293 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast