Page 101 of 293 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5859

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    PSA: When leaving your abode with your kid, and you both realize you've left your abode without your cell phones, at 10:30 at night, taking a load of totes to a storage facility on the other side of town - do not, I mean DO NOT - carry on bragging about how daring, adventurous, and bad-ass you are for braving the city wilderness without your cellular life-lines....

For surely enough, Karma will notice your stately bravado and reward you with a stalled car, inside a gated storage facility, 1-2 miles from the nearest convenience store.

1) You will walk to the front gate and find that your little personal bodies are not massive enough to trigger the motion sensor that opens the gate from the inside.
    2) Once your sturdy able-bodied son scales the surrounding wall and codes the gate open from outside, you will then walk the 1-2 miles to the nearest QT convenience store.
    3) Once to said QT store, you will try to not drip too much sweat on his clean counter as you ask him to borrow his phone.
    4) Night assistant will reply, "no."
    5) You, knowing this is not normal procedure because you are one of the vendor reps for QT stores, will laugh at the asst's joke and repeat the request for the phone.
    6) The asst will not laugh, and repeat the "no" answer explaining that the store manager has ruled no one will use the company phone in order to keep the crack-heads off their phone.
    7) You will then explain that you are one of their company vendor reps, NOT a random crack-head, and continue to name-drop and explain several who-is's of the company (including the guy who was probably this newb's trainer).
    8) Once convinced you and your son are apparently actually not random crack-heads, you are finally allowed to make a call to daughter and organize a rescue party armed with jumper cables.

So, umm, yeah... Don't do that.^^
    A little adventure with a short walk. Sounds like a fun LARP. Is your son a rogue?

Edit: You should have shown your teeth for Diplo or Intim buff.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 09-04-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Understandable. **extra hugs**

Thanks for sharing the /nabs.

As for my story, my youngest summed it up pretty well once we finally got back to their place. "That was pretty silly, dad." Yep. It was.
    Thank you. *hugs*

You're welcome. Glad to be of help.

Silly can make for great stories. Glad you were able to get a rescue.

Community Member Tinrae_has_cookies's Avatar

/hugs to Funny

/thanks to Tscheuss for le Lotro infoz

/pats to CD for your wild adventure

Went to Ren Fest today with our wee ones. Because they're both so young we pretty much just wandered around, ate some food, and played at the playground instead of watching shows and shopping.

...and my lil girl blew kisses at this guy, randomly lol. Of course he spotted her and she was just as giddy as could be that he was playing along. Baby crush, already? Chip off the ol' block, says I.

And btw, this stuff is pretty darn good.

*Might* go geocaching tomorrow, especially if grandma is free to watch the kids for a bit so hubs & I can have some couple time.
    Last edited by Tinrae_has_cookies; 09-04-2016 at 08:04 PM.
    “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

your little personal bodies are not massive enough to trigger the motion sensor that opens the gate from the inside.
    Might be magnetic, not weight. Too bad you didn't have a WF in the group, or that fighter with 14 weapons and 5 plate armors in the backpack.
    Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tinrae_has_cookies View Post
    /hugs to Funny

/thanks to Tscheuss for le Lotro infoz

/pats to CD for your wild adventure

Went to Ren Fest today with our wee ones. Because they're both so young we pretty much just wandered around, ate some food, and played at the playground instead of watching shows and shopping.

...and my lil girl blew kisses at this guy, randomly lol. Of course he spotted her and she was just as giddy as could be that he was playing along. Baby crush, already? Chip off the ol' block, says I.

And btw, this stuff is pretty darn good.

*Might* go geocaching tomorrow, especially if grandma is free to watch the kids for a bit so hubs & I can have some couple time.
    /hugs back

Glad you had fun at the Ren fest. Sounds like your peanut had a grand time.

Food is one of the reasons to go to those festivals. The shows and shopping are just a bonus. hehe.

Hope you got to do some geocaching.

We just got home a bit ago. The cats were very happy to see us after about three days of being home on their own. Some friends did check on them for us while we were gone. Missed them a lot this time though. We were so not ready to go on a trip but we felt we needed to get down and see grandma. So we sucked up and did so.

It was worth the smile on her face. She had no idea that we were coming. My mother-in-law did some really good cooking too. It was still rough emotion wise for me this weekend but God saw me through.

Heh, didn't stop either. My mom called while we were on our way back and I feel like I'm being more support for her vs. her supporting me. I have a harder time reminiscing with her about Cocoa too, not entirely sure why unless it's because she was there for a lot of it. Then we got home and I had a sympathy card from some friends and from the vets. That was nice of them all. Still hits on the hard side.

Now to go cuddle my kitties some more.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCide View Post
    We just got home a bit ago. The cats were very happy to see us after about three days of being home on their own. Some friends did check on them for us while we were gone. Missed them a lot this time though. We were so not ready to go on a trip but we felt we needed to get down and see grandma. So we sucked up and did so.

It was worth the smile on her face. She had no idea that we were coming. My mother-in-law did some really good cooking too. It was still rough emotion wise for me this weekend but God saw me through.

Heh, didn't stop either. My mom called while we were on our way back and I feel like I'm being more support for her vs. her supporting me. I have a harder time reminiscing with her about Cocoa too, not entirely sure why unless it's because she was there for a lot of it. Then we got home and I had a sympathy card from some friends and from the vets. That was nice of them all. Still hits on the hard side.

Now to go cuddle my kitties some more.
    I am glad to hear you had a good visit with family. I called on my great-great aunt a few weeks ago, and I was thinking of bringing my guitar with me next time to play some songs for her. I missed my chance. Funeral services are this coming weekend. Time to visit Mom and have a good cry together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    I am glad to hear you had a good visit with family. I called on my great-great aunt a few weeks ago, and I was thinking of bringing my guitar with me next time to play some songs for her. I missed my chance. Funeral services are this coming weekend. Time to visit Mom and have a good cry together.
    Thank you.

/hugs

I'm sorry to hear that about your great-great aunt. I hope you and your mother will be good support for each other. At least you got to see your aunt a few weeks ago.

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...
    *Preps the food and drinks for the day...
    *Pours morning drinks for all...

Morning All !!!

/Hugs to Tscheuss, sorry to hear about your great-great aunt.

/Hugs to FunnyCide... We understand. I wish I could say something smart or funny
    To make you both feel better but I'm just not that smrt.
    But It will take some time. But it will get better.
    Last edited by Bekki; 09-06-2016 at 07:30 AM.
    Official Muskateers Bartender
    Proud Officer of Acme Fighting Co.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinrae_has_cookies View Post
    We just got rid of our Jeep Grand Cherokee, happily.

I made a new Beorning but just haven't gotten into it. Maybe it just feels lonely, or something.

I don't have a hoverboard yet. The game also has an extensive housing system but again I don't have a house yet for details. Doesn't appear to be a pay-to-win game either, just perusing the cash shop.

Little man just got his next series of immunizations and has been fussy fussy, so will most likely try to stay home as much as possible for a couple days. We want to go to the Pittsburgh Ren Fest this weekend so he needs to be rested up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Ren Fest! Pretty dresses, messy lipstick, and putting lots of kiss prints on strange cute guys. XD
    I've been going to the wrong Ren Fest....
    Really CD...? Surely I would have though you of All people would have spent time at a Ren Faire! If only for the Washing Well Wenches!

Last edited by Bekki; 09-06-2016 at 07:13 AM.
    "It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, Frodo my boy." He used to say. "You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." ~ Frodo Baggins (Quoting Bilbo Baggins)

So, I went to the Pensyvania Ren Faire.
    My Fencing record is now 1-1.

(I'll have to figure out how to share the Facebook video...)

The oldest got lucky as... Heck, and managed to get me...
    But Whomped him on the Archery Dangit!
    And I got him on the Strengrh Challenge whet you ring the Bell.

Didn't quite ring the Bell but I got all they way upto Royalty...
    (I literally can within an inch of the dang bell!)

But we had a lot of fun! We plan on going back...

A bit of not-so-great was the finale. (The ultimate Joust) It was great
    Till the fireworks started... Bekki don't do so well with with the simulated mortars...

But aside from that it was a great time.
    Last edited by Bekki; 09-06-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
    Really CD...? Surely I would have though you of All people would have spent time at a Ren Faire! If only for the Washing Well Wenches!

I've been out there a couple times, but never had the pleasure of receiving random kisses from any of the Rennie lasses. 'Course, I had my own wench along with me each time, so maybe that dissuaded some attentions. Shame really, she would've enjoyed seeing that.

Sounds like Pennsylvania Ren may be a little more interactive than ours here.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Something completely different.

RPG club is starting slowly. We have had two meetings: First with three boys and youth worker, and second time with one of the boys, youth worker, new boy and a girl.

The first boy is very enthusiastic, and the girl also will definitely continue, but the new boy is "maybe" and the youth worker will continue until someone comes to take over her rogue. This time we were playing in the local youth center, so we had some spectators who could be potential players later on.
    They were blasting through D&D starter set's first cave bypassing most hazards by sheer luck, and actually killed the boss there in their fourth fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Drelak View Post
    Something completely different.

RPG club is starting slowly. We have had two meetings: First with three boys and youth worker, and second time with one of the boys, youth worker, new boy and a girl.

The first boy is very enthusiastic, and the girl also will definitely continue, but the new boy is "maybe" and the youth worker will continue until someone comes to take over her rogue. This time we were playing in the local youth center, so we had some spectators who could be potential players later on.
    They were blasting through D&D starter set's first cave bypassing most hazards by sheer luck, and actually killed the boss there in their fourth fight...
    I suspect that the youth worker is OP, and she needs to be nerfed. XD

Seriously, congratulations on a successful start.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyCide View Post
    Thank you.

/hugs

I'm sorry to hear that about your great-great aunt. I hope you and your mother will be good support for each other. At least you got to see your aunt a few weeks ago.

/Hugs to FunnyCide... We understand. I wish I could say something smart or funny
    Thank you.

' And all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well in the end'. ~Julian of Norwich

*Bekki wanders in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Morning All !!!

/hugs

Thanks, Bekki.

Agreed, it will get better with time. I know there isn't any quick fix for grief. Thankfully God has given me husband, cats, friends, and family to help.
    Last edited by FunnyCide; 09-07-2016 at 10:41 AM.

*Bekki runs in...
    *Heads to the bar....
    *Sets up and restocks...

Afternoon All !!!

so. seems i'm now in charge of video game events at college.
    huh.
    Doppelganger? Whatever are you talking about, my dear?

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    huh.
    Cool!

Keep notes. When it comes time for resumes/job hunting, things like that make good additions. Shows an aptitude for leadership and organizational skills.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Quote Originally Posted by doomboyv2 View Post
    huh.
    Congratulations!

Our plan is working on schedule. Now you need to get everyone into Korthos to begin their journey to greatness in DDO. Muah ha ha ha!

Page 101 of 293 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast