Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member PentegarnDarras's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laurawilder View Post
    ... It would create an economy for those with ability to create and sell and create rolls in a guild...
    THIS is what we need.
    Airship bakeries!

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I don't see how it's a once and done pack. I plan to run the chain and raid alot for months to come.

It could take a long time to acquire mythics boosts in all slots. i like that items have to be earned and can't be purchased.

I've been running alot of MOD lately in full parties. That chain is almost a year old and still gets heavy playing time on Sarlona.
    Well, run until you get your items. I guess we could say that. Raid? Okay, we have 1 raid for endgame that we will abuse by running on Normal 40 times..

I wouldn't mind having quests to run after I got my items, from time to time.

MoD and necro chain are two different things. I myself still see MoDs run from time to time by Necro4 chain is pretty much dead on Argo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Well, run until you get your items. I guess we could say that. Raid? Okay, we have 1 raid for endgame that we will abuse by running on Normal 40 times..

I wouldn't mind having quests to run after I got my items, from time to time.

MoD and necro chain are two different things. I myself still see MoDs run from time to time by Necro4 chain is pretty much dead on Argo.
    As I understand it, the new raid will have mythic +2 and mythic +4 bonuses that can appear on raid loot, but Steelstar said these would rarely drop below EE. Also, these can't appear in end reward lists.

So running EN or EH 40 times or even 100 times likely won't get you 1 item with a mythic bonus.

The same is true with quests.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Founder

I see in another post that the pack is 495tp. So the adventure pack is 1/10 of the price of the EE dream visor back in the day (otto's box)....

I am not motivated by a +2 PRR/MRR bonus. I would be motivated by mythic items being BTCOE (shardable) with random +4 insight stat bonuses. Especially if you can trade it for an otto's box.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    As I understand it, the new raid will have mythic +2 and mythic +4 bonuses that can appear on raid loot, but Steelstar said these would rarely drop below EE. Also, these can't appear in end reward lists.

So running EN or EH 40 times or even 100 times likely won't get you 1 item with a mythic bonus.

The same is true with quests.
    Yeah but this doesn't change things. You run until you get your loot and then end of it. (besides, who would run EE Demon assault more than once? Quest is absolutely boring )

And also as said by maddong, I'm not really motivated by +2/+4 PRR/MRR bonus to be honest.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

Should be +2/+4 Melee/ranged/spellpower too, not sure if certain items come with either or they can be on any.

Why do people want loads of AS anyway? so you can just buy the items you cant get? if your willing to farm to get sellable loot, you can just farm for the thing you want to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by legendkilleroll View Post
    Should be +2/+4 Melee/ranged/spellpower too, not sure if certain items come with either or they can be on any.

Why do people want loads of AS anyway? so you can just buy the items you cant get? if your willing to farm to get sellable loot, you can just farm for the thing you want to buy.
    You really don't know how trading works?

I farm item I want, but it don't drop, but I get some items I don't want in progress.
    If they are bound I can at most vendor them, if I can trade them I can find someone who needs one of items I pulled and have something I need.
    Or I can sell it for any currency to buy consumables, pokemons of whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

I don't mind BtC - in fact makes much sense to me in some cases (raid loot etc).

What I do mind is BtC storage and the Reincarnation Cache.
    I would seriously pay for BtC shared bank that I don't have to empty every life.
    I would seriously pay for an interface upgrade to the existing reincarnation cache that included pagination and search.
    I would seriously pay for 300 slot long term storage bank that persists through reincarnation. For items like Lorrik's set that have been saving for upcoming cleric lives (seriously - for MANY MANY MANY lives).

If that doesn't work then make all BtC and BtCoE items BtA - character required. So items become bta, but are only equipable by one specific character. Works like race restriction. This allow Shared Bank to hold these items.

All great ideas - and IMHO worth more effort than debating about BtC vs BtA vs BtCoE vs Unbound status.

Quote Originally Posted by legendkilleroll View Post

Some of us just like trading loot or playing the Auction House. People used to sell loot for Turbine points as well.

Besides, AS are always useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    You really don't know how trading works?

I farm item I want, but it don't drop, but I get some items I don't want in progress.
    If they are bound I can at most vendor them, if I can trade them I can find someone who needs one of items I pulled and have something I need.
    Or I can sell it for any currency to buy consumables, pokemons of whatever.
    The flip side of this is that we can pass items we don't need to other players we are running with. This is a nice benefit of BTA - newer and casual players get things passed to them more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Yeah but this doesn't change things. You run until you get your loot and then end of it. (besides, who would run EE Demon assault more than once? Quest is absolutely boring )

And also as said by maddong, I'm not really motivated by +2/+4 PRR/MRR bonus to be honest.
    Understandable, but let's not confuse what the real issue is. The issue isn't that you can get all your loot in one run. Clearly that is far from the case. The issue isn't that it's not worth running EE or trying to get mythic gear. +4 on 10 items is +40 - so yeah that's a big difference. The impact is large.

The real issue is that people want to sell because they are motivated by making AS and TP codes. This is not something that is important to me - I actually like it that people are earning their own loot. However, if there is potential profit in it for Turbine they might be interested. It really boils down to whether Turbine makes more money on re-rolls or the ASAH. It's probably not something they want to even discuss.

My only issue with the new loot scheme is that I think there should be more of a progression from EN to EE instead of backloading all the bonuses to EE.

They should have an increase in +2 mythic drops on EH and then a an increase of +2 and +4 mythic drops on EE. As I understand it, it doesn't seem like there is a big increase in drop rates when progressing from EN to EH.
    Last edited by slarden; 07-23-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Founder

Turbine must have made a bunch of money after MOTU and gianthold. That is why they tried to do another expansion (coinciding with the loot changes which destroyed the value of old loot and removed the reason for +2 loot jewels...).

With shards not only do they sell the pack but they sell the items.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345