Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post

Question:

Are there mythic versions of any of this? Please say yes...
    See the handwraps above.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Raid Items:

Sightless Solid Item - as long as enhancement bonuses to melee/ranged power aren't handed out elsewhere (Hint: Weapons - you're killing the incentive for wearing this helm and a weapon from the new pack - it's not a smart move to undermine their compatability).

Memoriam: This is essentially just a healing amp item. Litany is better.

Gauntlets of the Arcane Solider Ok this is a badass item. Keep as is.

Many-Hooked Greaves: The Str +12 caught me by surprise - definitely desirable for only that reason. I suggest replacing one of the slots with permanent haste. It's a pain in the ass to look for haste elsewhere.

Reonsation: This item sucks. Sounding is a drop in the bucket when we spellcast for thousands of points of damage. That 4-24 is a tickle. +4 MRR is also a drop in the bucket. Very weak item.

Question (same as above):

Please tell me there are mythic versions here?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    See the handwraps above.
    Oh they have a mythic boost on them, nice I missed that.

Can I assume that these weapons will all have a similar version?

Never know what to assume with these updates anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by moo_cow View Post
    These wraps are nothing compared to TF. But not bad if you don't have em.

Greater reinforced fists, hmm does it stack with regular?
    I can see uses for this if yes, since its screaming treebuilds /:
    Not really for regular monks tbh
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 07-15-2015 at 12:16 AM.

Not for regular monks?! It adds 3 dice to their unarmed attacks, which I suspect highly stacks with GMoF's fire stance dice booster. And if you can get away with keeping the Sun Soul set going on, you'll proc Cure Mod and Restoration on yourself constantly while you fight like that in Fire Stance. And it spams out light and holy damage. For a straight-up monk (not some kind of centered kensai or ninja-splash) it's a very powerful set of wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    Not for regular monks?! It adds 3 dice to their unarmed attacks, which I suspect highly stacks with GMoF's fire stance dice booster. And if you can get away with keeping the Sun Soul set going on, you'll proc Cure Mod and Restoration on yourself constantly while you fight like that in Fire Stance. And it spams out light and holy damage. For a straight-up monk (not some kind of centered kensai or ninja-splash) it's a very powerful set of wraps.
    Th forged are better id say but its suberb item for avatar monks imo.
    I know i want it

Steel: the Tower shield Ultimatum is missing it's +[W] I assume that's a bug, it's actually lower DPS than the non-raid Buckler due to this, and it appears to be an offensively focused shield so that's a problem. It appears to be Raid loot, IMO raid loot should very much be designed with older raid loot that already does something similar in mind (More so than Quest loot IMO). For this reason I'd like to Point out that Madstone Aegis in FoT is a much better offensive shield and is much lower ML, this shield would be sweet with "Impact V" that the buckler has.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Besides, Illusion is worthless. Can we agree on that?
    Nope I like my mid 70's DC phantasmal killer SLA with 6 second cool down, getting a bump; so no we can't agree on that, now kindly stop trying to ruin a nice piece of gear for someone else by insisting that everything be perfectly suited to you. Just because you can't see how useful a spammable phantasmal killer SLA is on an Archmage doesn't mean someone else hasn't.
    Last edited by IronClan; 07-15-2015 at 03:57 AM.

Epic Riftmaker: This hurts me. You guys almost never release hand crafted named Two handers anymore, and when you do - you create a very un-fun item like this. There's nothing special about this. Nothing. This could have melee power +30 and still be frowned upon in comparison to thunderforged. I suggest making hand-crafted GREATAXES have a x4 multiplier at the very least. As this stands, you guys are spending time adding an item that contributes nothing to the loot tables of this long-awaited adventure pack. Get creative guys, make this greataxe shine. Try this angle, give me your most overpowered version for critique - because everything for now is very much underpowered as far as weapons are concerned. Then we can tone it down or maybe move it over to the raid items (since that section is severely lacking in quantity anyway)
    I agree, that thing is lackluster, i was hoping on a upgrade myself (many items in game can be upgraded through collectibles from other packs)
    even as a cheap weapon for newbies to help m catch up with people who already did all the effort to craft thunderforged this g-axe fails to deliver the punch without anything to break the dr.
    I would like to see a weapon in the game to strive for, the last named item that was worth that was the ESoS.....4-5 years ago?
    The rest was lackluster CitW stuff that had to be fully upgraded to become passeble and thunderforged crafting, 2 handed E ToEE weapons are a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Nope I like my mid 70's DC phantasmal killer SLA with 6 second cool down, getting a bump; so no we can't agree on that, now kindly stop trying to ruin a nice piece of gear for someone else by insisting that everything be perfectly suited to you. Just because you can't see how useful a spammable phantasmal killer SLA is on an Archmage doesn't mean someone else hasn't.
    So, me never actually saying that this item is not suited to me but only saying that illusion is not used much and we have only 1 spell for it is a bad argument.

But you saying that this item is perfect just for you and your archmage is THE PERFECT argument and more valid than mine.

Logic yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

So, me never actually saying that this item is not suited to me but only saying that illusion is not used much and we have only 1 spell for it is a bad argument.

But you saying that this item is perfect just for you and your archmage is THE PERFECT argument and more valid than mine.

Logic yo.
    Logic? You're asking for a good item to be more focused towards the most popular type of DC caster and I am defending the item as useful to less popular type of alternate DC caster that already suffers from poor spell selection and thus probably could stand to have some DC buffs like this ring. For this to have any logic implication your stance would have to be similar to mine, but your stance is clearly not similar to mine.

So whats wrong with my Logic again? Oh yeah, it needs more Necro... so that it's pure win for a typical PM with the typical Necro+Enchantment focus.

Every piece of loot does not need to be generically useful for the most mainstream builds, let alone make the strong stronger; they have said this over and over, and some people you in particular have ignored that over and over, you suggested Necro perks... so you're clearly asking for the item be changed to focus on the most common DC casting spec in the game which already has lots of strong options for gear.

If a piece of loot has utility even outside of mainstream builds it's good loot, I would submit that every Enchantment "secondary" caster in the game already wants that ring, So Necro focused "primary" DC casters will hunt this ring down because most of them are Enchant as their secondary focus. IT'S ALREADY desirable gear that almost every Necro spec will want even if only as a swap in, but that's not good enough, you want it to be tailored even better towards Necro focused casters.

There's plenty of meh loot in this pack from the looks of it (that greataxe for starters) this it not the meh loot you're looking for.
    Last edited by IronClan; 07-15-2015 at 04:44 AM.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

Are there mythic versions of any of this? Please say yes...
    Answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    This is correct. All items in this pack (both Quest and Raid) have a chance to drop with Mythic bonuses.

Every piece of loot does not need to generically fit every class or build and make the strong stronger; they have said this over and over, and some people you in particular have ignored that over and over
    Think this is same problem everytime loot is shown, people dont give fair recommendations they just want things added that fits their build or something they have just lost by replacing another item.

How about random two schools on that ring ? I'd love Enchant/Necro on wizzy, but Conj/Evo on fvs would be great too
    More versions with +3 stats, 6 spell school, or Dex/Con/Str version of raid boots for example. Dex/Str/Con/Wis/Char/Int version of the cloak.
    Like you guys did with epic GH helms, Planar trinkets or Optics.
    Both seeker and except seeker versions.
    Stuff like that.
    Just more gearing options.
    I think robust semi random useful loot system is missing atm. Stuff that allows more flexibility and not to be locked into some "must have" item.
    Random gen does not cut it against any named item. At this point maybe EE raid random junk could have a chance for extra prefix/suffix ? 10 charisma, 9 con, 10 Dodge of natural armour 9 ring or necklace for example would make you think about changing your gear.
    Or Featherfall toggle on that trinket.

Make the stuff COMPLETELY unbound except raid named items, but that's not gonna happen right ?
    Who needs trading in a mmorpg.
    Last edited by Wipey; 07-15-2015 at 05:02 AM.

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Logic? You're asking for a good item to be more focused towards the most popular type of DC caster and I am defending the item as useful to less popular type of alternate DC caster that already suffers from poor spell selection and thus probably could stand to have some DC buffs like this ring.

So whats wrong with my Logic again? Oh yeah, it needs more Necro... so that it's pure win for a typical PM with the typical Necro+Enchantment focus.

Every piece of loot does not need to generically fit every class or build and make the strong stronger; they have said this over and over, and some people you in particular have ignored that over and over, you suggested Necro perks... so you're clearly asking for the item be changed to focus on the most common DC casting spec in the game.

If a piece of loot has utility even outside of mainstream builds it's good loot, I would submit that every Enchantment "secondary" caster in the game already wants that ring, So Necro focused "primary" DC casters will hunt this ring down because most of them are Enchant as their secondary focus. IT'S ALREADY desirable gear that almost every Necro spec will want even if only as a swap in, but that's not good enough, you want it to be tailored even better towards Necro focused casters.

There's plenty of meh loot in this pack from the looks of it (that greataxe for starters) this it not the meh loot you're looking for.
    Illusion is not used. This ring will be purely looked at for the Enchantment focus, that's the sad reality. So, why not make it better with something that doesn't feel like useless on it?

How many casters wear the Gloves of Master Illusionist for the Illusion focus? Heck, how many even notices it? Item equipped solely for the +11 Int.
    How many casters wear Sage's Mantle for the Illuion Focus? Yeah, same answer.

You can argue that you will equip it, and maybe I will too, but the illusion focus is and will be absolutely worthless to most players. And this is not because I dislike Illusion school but because Illusion school has exactly one spell that is absolutely mediocre.

I want to make a better-than-mediocre piece of gear into something good all around and not just for one stat on it. I suggested three different options to make this ring a bit better. Don't like them? Then keep the ring as is. My opinion is as valid as yours, so stop trying to make it look like your opinion is more valid.

Quote Originally Posted by legendkilleroll View Post
    Think this is same problem everytime loot is shown, people dont give fair recommendations they just want things added that fits their build or something they have just lost by replacing another item.
    Yeah, my build is obviously an Air Savant focused on Necromancy.

My suggestion is obviously made to fit my own agenda and my own build.

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    How about random two schools on that ring ? I'd love Enchant/Necro on wizzy, but Conj/Evo on fvs would be great too
    More versions with +3 stats, 6 spell school, or Dex/Con/Str version of raid boots for example. Dex/Str/Con/Wis/Char/Int version of the cloak.
    Like you guys did with epic GH helms, Planar trinkets or Optics.
    Both seeker and except seeker versions.
    Stuff like that.
    Just more gearing options.

Or Featherfall toggle on that trinket.

Make the stuff COMPLETELY unbound except raid items, but that's not gonna happen right ?
    Who needs trading in a mmorpg.

Thats a good suggestion! Please.. not the 8 schools of magic.. nobody want a +2dc abjuration or divination ring

Yeah, my build is obviously an Air Savant focus on Necromancy.

they have a point. like or not, some peeps use illusion.

Yeah, my build is obviously an Air Savant focused on Necromancy.

/sarcasm
    I wasnt talking specifically about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Portalcat View Post
    I, for one, welcome not having to slot the Sage's Mantle as the only way to get +5 enchant without having to give up the +1 exceptional on 2-handed Thunderforged, much less a stacking buff to enchant. This ring is an auto-slot on the standard Necro/Enchant DC caster.

I also welcome +7 to illusion DCs. That might be actually enough to make it worth running Phantasmal Killer.
    ^this

My opinion is as valid as yours, so stop trying to make it look like your opinion is more valid.
    Remember that one time long ago when you said:

Besides, Illusion is worthless. Can we agree on that? Necromancy would fit better. A discount on Heighten would fit better. Cmon, let's be creative.
    Now who's pretending to have a more valid opinion again?

Ah yes... the answer is: you are as usual

BTW kudos for using the phrase "Necromancy would fit better" and "lets be creative" in the same post... were you being intentionally ironic?

In any case I think this Ring helps Phantasmal Killer be a real option for more builds... so yeah it's a good item.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenaps View Post
    they have a point. like or not, some peeps use illusion.
    Indeed it would appear so.
    Last edited by IronClan; 07-15-2015 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legendkilleroll View Post
    I wasnt talking specifically about you.
    Obviously, now that I showed my uber Necromancy build.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast