Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Not sure what your point is. I agree that +5 stat items are garbage. I don't agree that sora kell is comparable, as I have three or four different characters with upgraded sora kell sets with the +6 stats, true seeing and +2 damage bonus. Mmmm, love me some sora kell.
    we have had this conversation before about the set. I wasn't making a comparison with the loot. I was saying that because the items have +5 stats on them when I can wear +6 at level 9 or 11, I would pass up on the new loot. +6 items go a lot further than +5s do and the higher the level, if you run quests like Stormhorns, Amrath and Wheloon, those new items are nothing better than a couple levels.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    Lol! You're doing it wrong.

You don't run MoD on EE hoping to get your item in the chest. You run it on EN for 20th completion rewards to get what you want for sure!

Psshht, dont give out insider info!
    (like anyone in the whole ddo multiverse didnt do it exactly this way)

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Well, it saves you a yellow augment slot or two.
    Huh?

I can retest again on lama, but im pretty sure it stacks with everything

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Huh?

I can retest again on lama, but im pretty sure it stacks with everything
    yup I erred, let's blame the wiki! it should stack. sorry for the confusion.

what does seeker 12 and Dex 11 have to do with being silent?

These items make no sense, offer either nothing interesting or are clearly best in slot (Arcane Augmentation, Druid Cloak, 75HAMP+4Luck Bonus).

Who designed these? It seems like there is no theme or connection among any of them and they are just completely random agglomerations of abilities that someone said "no wait you should put it on this slot too for these builds".

While there is a few unique and therefore useful abilities on a few of these items in a vaccum (MP/RP bonus, 4 Luck Bonus, Arcane Aug), they are by and large totally bizarre and largely just power creep items, offering almost nothing of interest or unique nature. Raid items are supposed to do things other items simply don't do, with some kicker bonuses to make them overall an interesting and hard choice versus all the other items available in a slot, or allowing for a nuanced and different gameplay experience due to an ability that is unique.

Unless you just want to run around bluffing things constantly 10% faster than usual, none of these items accomplish any of that.
    good at business

Here are some suggestions:

-Give all of the weapons unique Damage types, ie Light or Force based on description. Aren't these planar and archon based?
    -Where is the light damage mitigation?
    -Where is the alignment and metal bypassing? These items are for fighting against planar demons and devils
    -Why dont they all have some sort of banishing? Make up something interesting in this regard
    -One of these items should provide teleportation
    -No bows?
    -No handwraps?
    -Stop putting Seeker 12 on EVERYTHING
    -How many items do we already have for 11 Dexterity? How many do we have for other stats? Do the math. We don't need any more 11 Dex items
    -We need more Insight 4 Items besides Necklace from HH. Stop inventing new stacking categories and just round out the selection of +3/4 Insight items/stats
    -We need more Body sources of Deception V-X, and Insight Deception
    -Find more places for Armor Piercing. The new cloak is a nice start
    -How about items that provide increasing vulnerability to damage types via stacks? Maybe Light Vuln
    -Put a 45 sec. cooldown Rejuv Coc. clicky on the Cloak affected by Pos Spell Power
    -Make some gloves that give a Dex or Int based chance to throw an extra projectile with throwing weapons when equipped (but not Shuriken)

There are SO MANY more interesting things that could go on a new XPacks items that includes a raid at end game.

Why are these so power creepy and unimaginative? Or totally useless?
    good at business

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    -We need more Insight 4 Items besides Necklace from HH. Stop inventing new stacking categories and just round out the selection of +3/4 Insight items/stats
    ^THIS^

There's almost no charisma, intelligence, or wisdom insightful items in the higher epic levels, and now you're bringing in yet another stacking bonus type? Why?

First I want to say thank you for all the constructive feedback.

Then I want to remind everyone that this list is NOT complete nor exhaustive. There are more items coming that didn't make it into this build.

I also want to remind everyone that the items that are showing are still Lamannia versions - and we should realize they are not finished. (ie FF clicky not working etc.). Kindly bug report them.

Then I want to also remind everyone that the Dev's did not have to share this with us - and so show some decorum and be polite and respectful.

Finally do keep posting feedback - questions and bugs. Just kindly post reasons as well as opinions.

(updating OP)

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    ^THIS^

There's almost no charisma, intelligence, or wisdom insightful items in the higher epic levels, and now you're bringing in yet another stacking bonus type? Why?

What strikes me is, that we are getting str 12 item that anyone can afford to slot.
    Also existing dex/str/int 11 gear is easy to be used by almost any build.
    What about charisma for noncasters?
    I have no idea where to slot it so im using 8 char augment.

More option for itemization would be cool.
    I want to scratch my head for days, weeks when deciding on a gear setup

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    there has been feedback on items with permanent FF that FF was not desired full time & a clicky would be preferable.
    The FF clicky is an absolutely stupid idea for high level loot.

The excuse for not wanting FF full time is a lame excuse. We have FF items that can be swapped temporarily. We have scrolls that can UMDed at level 28, and if your character can't do that at level 28, you are either building your character wrong or a barbarian with HP that can take the fall. You could ask for a team player to cast FF on you.

Or the Devs could go the route of introducing a freaking FF potion in one of the 1000s of collectibles added to the game. May I suggest the Champion trader since players can get tons of frags at all levels (except when you run none at level Epics).

BTW one of the reasons I believe that the FF clicky disappeared (besides the fact that someone at Turbine killed clickies on items) was that years ago there were players (usually monks) that kept bugging GMs about players casting FF on them. How do I know this? Because I got contacted more than once by GMs for casting FF on myself and it hit other players, so apparently at least one of them turned me in for "spoiling their game".

Still, if a player need a FF clicky at level 28, they are doing it wrong in every conceivable way.

Community Member

FF clicky is very dumb.

Only 6 raid items? Are there missing items or some type of crafting system that hasn't been spoiled yet?

Many of the items here are worth farming for given stacking bonuses. With a DC caster main, I'm particularly excited about the raid gloves and the enchantment/illusion ring (which is a badly needed additional way to slot enchantment focus).

Complaining about the FF clicky is silly. Judge the rest of the item, consider FF to be just a random extra that's tacked on.
    Member of Storm Lords on Thelanis.
    Portalcat (Completionist, Epic Completionist), Catwithnuke, Catwithaxe

I'm on the road and can't do a full response right now, but wanted to say /read by a dev.

Yes, we had feedback from some players that they'd rather have a Feather Falling clicky than a permanent FF on an item. It seems there isn't a consensus on that opinion, however. The FF was mostly for flavor anyway, so we'll probably just remove it from the item if it's going to cause that much of a stir.

After all, you could just equip a ML2 item instead, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleanincubus View Post
    With Feather Falling items dropping in level 2 quests, with no minimum levels to them.
    Back to the road!
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    I'm on the road and can't do a full response right now, but wanted to say /read by a dev.

Yes, we had feedback from some players that they'd rather have a Feather Falling clicky than a permanent FF on an item. It seems there isn't a consensus on that opinion, however. The FF was mostly for flavor anyway, so we'll probably just remove it from the item if it's going to cause that much of a stir.

Back to the road!
    Exactly.

Keep up the good work Steel.

Oh, by the way Steep. It would be a good idea to add archon armor loot into the raid (or quest). 1 for melee, ranged and caster. Maybe melee/caster or ranged/caster mix = total 2 armors. Not sure about the wings, but this is such a good opportunity, and I'm sure archon armors are most desirable.
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 07-11-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Community Member

Please don't remove the FF clicky. Some people both like flavor and the ability to jump down quickly instead of floating for an hour.

Also...

Please devs, do not assume that, every single player in the game has grinded the **** out of every high lvl Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    Exactly.

Keep up the good work Steel.

Oh, by the way Steep. It would be a good idea to add archon armor loot into the raid (or quest). 1 for melee, ranged and caster. Maybe melee/caster or ranged/caster mix = total 2 armors. Not sure about the wings, but this is such a good opportunity, and I'm sure archon armors are most desirable.
    Some light armor based on the traits of an Eryines would be cool, for Ranged/Casty. And maybe something medium based on Astral Devas for Casty/Melee.

And if we ever go to Dolurrh or get tangled up with Mechanus, Mechanus Plate would be awesome. (In 3.5, when the best AC you could get from a base suit of armor was 9 from fullplate, Mechanus Plate started with 10. It's the perfected incarnation of full plate. As produced by the Plane of pure Law. Non-magical, just a base item. it, of course, could be enchanted for more awesomeness.)

Quote Originally Posted by rmi View Post
    Please don't remove the FF clicky. Some people both like flavor and the ability to jump down quickly instead of floating for an hour.

Also...

Please devs, do not assume that, every single player in the game has grinded the **** out of every high lvl Raid.
    Lol?
    Are you serious?
    When you use a perma ff item, you can unequip it and that way reduce the drop time..

When you use a ff clickie you are stuck with at least 1 min 30 seconds of a useless buff.
    Your argument makes 0 sense

Back to the road!
    That level 28 trinket is good for nothing other than flavor.. if it doesn't have some awesome hidden effect.. it is a disgrace. cant see that one coming out of the chest. let alone replace any other trinket in the game.

Stat +5 on level 13 named items.. seriously.. that's just sad..
    Halcyonia - not bad.. Quality +2 wisom is interesting.. but seriously +2 heal skill on a level 28 item..... omg.. what are you guys thinking...
    Healers bounty.. if its the same healers bounty as on the http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Levik's_Defender ..come on.. its supposed to be level 28 and most recent release of content .. not contempt.....
    Druid cloak.. interesting...
    Resonation.. interesting..
    melee weapons.. meh.. boring.. same as random gen scrap. same basic weapon damage profiles.. yawn.. nothing to see here...
    Artificer stick looks alright..
    Shields.. meh... I see no WF/Bladeforged love here for the devotion shield..
    Memoriam.. interesting... for someone who cant wear litany/Epic litany..

rest.. meh underwhelmed....
    Last edited by JOTMON; 07-13-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Quote Originally Posted by rmi View Post

Also...

Seriously? .. its a quest end reward in the starter zone level 1 Korthos.. http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Feather_Cloak

The better permanent version can be found in many harbour quest end reward lists .. level 1 FF boots tht you can swap in whenever you like...
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Back to the road!
    when does loot NOT cause a stir? for me, the clicky is useless because I like to control my descent by equipping a FF item. there are actually some players that still cast FF spell so they would probably like it more. wont hurt my feelings any if you remove it or not. its not that big of a stir to me.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast