Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers suggestions

I have been trying to get the Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers and have run Two-Toed Tobias somewhere in the range of 75-100 times, chest ransacking the quest on a weekly basis and I am just wondering if there is any other way to expedite this process while on chest ransack or any other suggestions. Most of my runs have been solo but I've been branching out in an attempt to increase my chances. Now I've been posting an LFM asking for help and Khyber has been great with many nice of people joining to help, some of whom didn't even have the blade themselves. If noone joins, I have been clearing up to the boss and update the LFM offering free exp to anyone that wants to come and will wait for at least one person to join. Here are my thoughts/questions:

Does this seem like the most effective method?

Is there any other way I could bypass the chest ransack? I don't believe I could run on an alt, pull it and pass it to someone/relog and have them pass it back right?

If I'm on chest ransack, but someone else pulls it, could they still pass it to me?

I tried searching this information on the wiki and didn't have much luck, but do quest arcs have a 20th completion reward similar to raids?

Someone suggested killing the rare in the explorer area that it might drop from the chest there. However the wiki does not indicate that it has the potential to drop from there.

Any other tricks/ideas I might be missing?

There is no bypass for chest ransack. (Your own) chest ransack status only affects you, not anyone else.
    You can pass an item still in the chest to anyone who was in the quest when the chest was opened.

There are many ways to farm, none of which are really more ideal than any other. The chance of getting it is random so don't beat yourself up about it. As for myself I would not try so hard; maybe run the quest once a week on varying difficulties.

Also, you shouldn't expect someone to pass it to you. If they do you should compensate them quite handsomely.
    It is quite a rare find and I myself wouldn't pass it unless I already had one.

I actually got one on my main the first time I ran the quest on EN. It happens.

Community Member

What time are you on? We could get one pretty quickly. As full a party as you can get is definitely the way to go, and then just pass it over. I think it took four or five runs last time, but I brought my lucky hat.

No bypass. I tried to get http://ddowiki.com/page/Tiefling_Assassin%27s_Blade for 5 lives, over 1300 times on that chest. Nothing. Never. Nope. Didnt have the luck I guess

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    There is no bypass for chest ransack. (Your own) chest ransack status only affects you, not anyone else.
    You can pass an item still in the chest to anyone who was in the quest when the chest was opened.

There are many ways to farm, none of which are really more ideal than any other. The chance of getting it is random so don't beat yourself up about it. As for myself I would not try so hard; maybe run the quest once a week on varying difficulties.

Also, you shouldn't expect someone to pass it to you. If they do you should compensate them quite handsomely.
    It is quite a rare find and I myself wouldn't pass it unless I already had one.

I actually got one on my main the first time I ran the quest on EN. It happens.
    Yes there doesn't seem to be a consensus of what difficulty offers better drop rates for it, if any. I typically run Hard just because Elite is slower. And yes I know I shouldn't expect anyone to pass it to me, I only ask people to come if they want to help. I wouldn't be upset at all if someone pulled and wanted to keep it for themselves. It's no strings attached, but I know a few people understand the struggle who are willing to help. Luckily I actually enjoy running the quest so it's not that bad. If there was no chest ransack I would probably just run it 1,000 times until I get it, but only getting 8 chances each week and spreading it out over several months is extremely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapco View Post
    What time are you on? We could get one pretty quickly. As full a party as you can get is definitely the way to go, and then just pass it over. I think it took four or five runs last time, but I brought my lucky hat.
    Hey Scrapco, I will probably be on 5:30PM Eastern tonight if you'd like to help. Hopefully you still have that hat around, my character's name is Vexnar

Default Try Rerolling the Chest

Have you tried re-rolling the chest for shards?

I personally believe that the 1st time you re-roll a chest turbine gives you the named item you're after. It's like crack - 1st times free!

Also, re-rolling works best when half-drunk. It lessens the regret that comes with paying RL money for a chance at an item.

I've only ran the quest once, it was on EE, rerolled the chest twice and got my blade. Cost me 24 shards.

GL and if I see you on Khyber I'll try to help out!
    Khyber - Mahlii, Guyutee, Onumniwa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luxgolg View Post
    No bypass. I tried to get http://ddowiki.com/page/Tiefling_Assassin%27s_Blade for 5 lives, over 1300 times on that chest. Nothing. Never. Nope. Didnt have the luck I guess
    The wiki says that Tiefling Assassin's Blade is BtCoE so couldn't you have just bought it?

In the time it takes to go 1300quest runs, just imagine the number of favour runs you could have done to get TP for AS.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vindraxx View Post
    I have been trying to get the Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers and have run Two-Toed Tobias somewhere in the range of 75-100 times, chest ransacking the quest on a weekly basis and I am just wondering if there is any other way to expedite this process while on chest ransack or any other suggestions. Most of my runs have been solo but I've been branching out in an attempt to increase my chances. Now I've been posting an LFM asking for help and Khyber has been great with many nice of people joining to help, some of whom didn't even have the blade themselves. If noone joins, I have been clearing up to the boss and update the LFM offering free exp to anyone that wants to come and will wait for at least one person to join. Here are my thoughts/questions:

Does this seem like the most effective method?

Is there any other way I could bypass the chest ransack? I don't believe I could run on an alt, pull it and pass it to someone/relog and have them pass it back right?

If I'm on chest ransack, but someone else pulls it, could they still pass it to me?

I tried searching this information on the wiki and didn't have much luck, but do quest arcs have a 20th completion reward similar to raids?

Someone suggested killing the rare in the explorer area that it might drop from the chest there. However the wiki does not indicate that it has the potential to drop from there.

Any other tricks/ideas I might be missing?
    I've also looted the Jibber's chest around 100 times with no luck. I understand it is intentionally a very rare item and for the most part I can live with that. In general though, I would like to see the ransack mechanic removed. If I enjoy spending my time farming a chest without a week "time out", let me do it.

Community Member

Yes -you must be in the quest when the chest is opened. Using an alt on the same account will not work.

You can bring in another account as long as there is a toon at level 20. However, the toon must be in the dungeon when the chest is opened.

I personally have pulled 3 over maybe 200 runs. One on hard, two on elite. If anyone in the party does not have a blade we run EE. If everyone has one, or it's just me, we run it on EH for the XP.

Aside: once a chest reaches ransack, you will not be able to pull a named item from it for one week from the date of first opening the chest.

Don't waste shards on rerolls. You are just throwing money away IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsbeer View Post
    The wiki says that Tiefling Assassin's Blade is BtCoE so couldn't you have just bought it?

In the time it takes to go 1300quest runs, just imagine the number of favour runs you could have done to get TP for AS.....
    This was pre-3bc update. No one ran it. No one sold it.

It's all luck of the draw.
    I pulled the majority of mine rite when the pack came out. So loot drops were nice and High.

Sicne then I've only pulled One one other time.

As a previous poster said. Full group is way to go
    Nefatron - Nefron - Nefrous - Ya Know What... Just Call Me NEF ~ Ghalland ~

Quote Originally Posted by rvrtrnce View Post
    Have you tried re-rolling the chest for shards?

I personally believe that the 1st time you re-roll a chest turbine gives you the named item you're
    I personally believe Turbine employees are touting this message-I know many player who were willing to shard re roll for stuff....BIG FAT ZERO is what 99% get. Eliminate shard reroll-it was a stupid idea to reroll chests at all!
    Yea -whoever came up with this idea ,also thought the screen door on their submarine would work.

I think the drop rate on jibbers is much higher than current TOEE named items. I also think it almost never drops below EE but I have no proof of that other than my own experience.

I have jibbers on my main 4 characters and one other character and I ran it quite a bit but I didn't farm it excessively. My best guess is about 1 in 30 on EE. which is much better than TOEE named items.

Just never run that quest below EE when leveling and they will drop for you eventually. Oh and to fully disclose I soloed the quest with 2 duals so that increased my odds. I normally don't use dual boxes except in rare cases like this when I am trying to get rare items.
    Last edited by slarden; 06-03-2015 at 11:35 PM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

I got Jibbers Blade for 2 toons. Ran the quest on EN about 5-7 times. Once or twice a day (for daily play though bonus). Guess I was lucky. But I was also running the chain reward if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I think the drop rate on jibbers is much higher than current TOEE named items. I also think it almost never drops below EE but I have no proof of that other than my own experience.
    I got mine farmin normal/casual..i think it was casual it dropped in.
    Maybe less than 8 runs to get it- but i have seen many players say 30+ runs and no dice-difficulty varying.

Community Member

The quest is pretty good XP, and can be done a bit faster with a group.
    Put up an LFM, some people will join for quick XP.
    Hope they already have a Cursed Blade if they pull one.

Run it once a day with a group.

On the bright side, you are not waiting 3 days between runs like the old chattering ring runs. I had one character at 80 and another at 120 before they got the ring. I knew people with 200 runs and no ring (that's a MINIMUM of 600 days farming...)

6 box, thats how i got mine.
    Didnt take me long, pulling 2 mythic helms for my buddy and me took longer tho, drop rate for blade doesnt seem to terrible to me tbh compared to "other things"

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    6 box
    Really, if that's what the game has come to.
    ...shakes head...
    That's not my definition of having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    I got mine farmin normal/casual..i think it was casual it dropped in.
    Maybe less than 8 runs to get it- but i have seen many players say 30+ runs and no dice-difficulty varying.
    That could be I just never had any luck running EH on my weaker alts, but any sample size no matter how big by a single player is probably imperfect.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast