Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Warlock Enhancements: Souleater

Souleater
    Your pact makes you an extension of your patron's hunger. You body and mind become more inhuman, and your ability to consume the souls and life force of your enemies also feeds your patrons. Your attacks erode the life essence of your targets.

Core Abilities

• Inhuman Deadliness: You gain +1 damage with melee and ranged attacks and +5 Universal Spell Power for each core ability you take in this tree.
    • Inhuman Nature: You gain +25% Fortification and +4 Saving Throws versus Poison and Disease.
    • No Worse Fate: You gain immunity to Fear. Your melee, ranged and Eldritch Blast attacks also give the target the Shaken effect. Although this ability has no saving throw it can only occur once every second.
    • Inhuman Nature: You gain +25% Fortification and +4 Saving Throws versus Poison and Disease. Your Consume damage over time is increased by 1d10. Your Stricken damage is increased by 3d6. Your Greater Hunger on hit damage is increased by 1d6.
    • Eldritch Seeker: You gain +5% chance to critically hit with your spells and Eldritch Blast.
    • Devour the Soul: Passive: +4 Charisma. Active: Necromantic Spell. You consume the soul of your targeted enemy, killing them instantly unless they make a Will saving throw with a DC of 18 + Warlock level + Charisma bonus. This ability works on undead, but not constructs and other creatures with no lifeforce. Some bosses may be immune. If the target survives then it loses 20 PRR and MRR for 6 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds.

Tier One

• Consume: (2 AP) Ranged magical attack. Your magics consume bits of your opponent's form, disintegrating bits of them for 1d10 untyped damage every 2 seconds for a duration of 16 seconds. The effect can stack up to 3 times. Consume damage is increased with Spellpower. Your enemy is also marked with the Consumed trait. Cooldown 10 seconds.
    • Subtle Spellcasting: (1/1/1 AP) Your attacks and spells generate 10%/20%/30% less hate than they normally would, making enemies less likely to attack you.
    • Taint the Blood: (2 AP) Your Eldritch Blast, Melee and Ranged attacks reduce the Fortitude saving throw of the target by -1. The effect stacks up to 4 times.
    • Daunting Presence: (1/1/1 AP) +1/+2/+3 Bluff, Haggle, and Diplomacy. Rank 3: +1 Will saves.
    • Hungry for Destruction: (1/1/1 AP) You gain +1/+2/+3 Melee Power and Ranged Power, and +2/+4/+6 Universal Spellpower.

Tier Two

• Stricken: (1/1/1 AP) Ranged magical attack. You cause 3d6/6d6/9d6 bane damage and reduce the Healing Amplification of the opponent by 40/80/120 for 12 seconds. The reduction is negated by a Fortitude saving throw with a DC of 10/14/18 + Warlock level + the higher or Intelligence or Charisma Modifier. The damage scales with Spellpower. Your enemy is also marked with the Strickened trait. Cooldown 10 seconds.
    • Taint the Aura: (2 AP) Against targets marked by your Consume attack: Your melee, ranged and Eldritch Blast attacks reduce the Spell Resistance, PRR and MRR of the target by -2 for 10 seconds. The effect stacks up to 5 times.
    • Feeding Frenzy: (1 AP) When you use Consume on an enemy the feeding increases your movement speed by 1% per Warlock level for 20 seconds.
    • Consume Sight: (2 AP) SLA Blindness.
    • Hungry for Destruction: (1/1/1 AP) You gain +1/+2/+3 Melee Power and Ranged Power, and +2/+4/+6 Universal Spellpower.

Tier Three

• Dark Feeding: (2 AP) Multi-selector: Choose a magical attack with a cooldown of 16 seconds. Enemies can negate the ability score damage (but not your ability score gain) with a Will saving throw: DC of 14 + Character Level + Charisma Modifier. These effects do not stack with themselves.
      • Your Flesh is Weak: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Strength damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Strength for 20 seconds.
      • You Cannot Evade Me: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Dexterity damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Dexterity for 20 seconds.
      • Your Will is Mine: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Wisdom damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Wisdom for 20 seconds.
      • Food For Thought: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Intelligence damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Intelligence for 20 seconds.
      • Blood Feast: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Constitution damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Constitution for 20 seconds.

• Strickened Soul: (1 AP) Against targets marked by your Stricken attack: Your Eldritch Blast, Melee and Ranged attacks reduce the target's Melee Power, Ranged Power and Spellpower by 10 + 1/2 Warlock level for 10 seconds.
    • Eldritch Projection: (2 AP) Toggle. Your Eldritch Blast now acts as a cone attack, but has Standard Cone AoE range.
    • SLA: Burning Blood. (1 AP) Cooldown 10 seconds.
    • Charisma/Intelligence (2 AP)

Tier Four

• Greater Hunger: (2 AP) Your Consume damage over time is increased by 1d10. Your Stricken damage is increased by 3d6. Your melee, ranged and Eldritch Blast attacks do 2d6 untyped damage when striking an opponent marked by your Consume attack.
    • Strickened Form: (2 AP) Against targets marked by your Stricken attack: Your melee, ranged and Eldritch Blast attacks cause 1 Vulnerability for 10 seconds. (Vulnerability: You take 1% more damage for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times, and loses one stack on expiration.)
    • Steal Lifeforce: (1/1/1 AP) Multiselector:
      • Activated Attack: You cause 3d6/6d6/9d6 damage to your target and heal with positive energy for the same amount. This damage and healing scales with Spellpower. Cooldown 20 seconds.
      • Activated Attack: You cause 3d6/6d6/9d6 damage to your target and heal with negative energy the same amount. This damage and healing scales with Spellpower. Cooldown 20 seconds.

• Immortal Will: +1 to the DC of Enchantment, Illusion and Necromancy spells.
    • Charisma/Intelligence

Tier Five

• Supreme Hunger: (2 AP) Your Consume damage over time is increased by 1d10. Your Stricken damage is increased by 3d6. Your Greater Hunger on hit damage is increased by 1d6.
    • Eldritch Wave: (2 AP) Activated Attack. Your create a cone of eldritch energy that strikes all opponents in the area with three consecutive Eldritch Blasts. Cooldown 8 seconds.
    • Feed on Magic: (2 AP) When you strike an opponent with your melee attacks, ranged attacks or Eldritch Blast there is a chance equal to half Warlock level for you to gain 30 temporary spell points. This can occur no more than once per 6 seconds.
    • Spell Tearing: (2 AP) You gain +3% chance to critically hit with your spells and Eldritch Blast.
    • SLA: Finger of Death. (2 AP) Cooldown 15 seconds

Note the Souleater is not planned for the first Lamannia release. Players will likely see it in action for the second Lamannia release.

Sev~
    Last edited by Severlin; 05-21-2015 at 04:32 PM.

So um.... Wiz17/Warlock3? Though then you lose lich form
    Food For Thought: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Intelligence damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Intelligence for 20 seconds.

Devour the Soul: Needs to be updated with: "You 'produce' an associated soul gem on successful devouring".
    *Singing* This is where your soul gem comes out.

Not much "repair/reconstruct" in any part of warlock base, spells or enhancements for warforged warlocks is there.... Or did I miss something? Do they have Warforged Warlocks in Eberron at all and if so how do they stay alivewood?

Sev, lots of stuff in here for ranged, melee and eldritch blast attacks. How do you see the interplay of that working with the toggle between activating eldritch blast versus using the weapons in hand? At a minimum is that a 2-click switch over (one to put not-spell power/spell-damage items in hand and one to disable eldritch blast toggle from main attack)? Any chance of a new key(bind) for eldritch-attack for when it is toggled off?
    Casual DDOaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Sev, lots of stuff in here for ranged, melee and eldritch blast attacks. How do you see the interplay of that working with the toggle between activating eldritch blast versus using the weapons in hand? At a minimum is that a 2-click switch over (one to put not-spell power/spell-damage items in hand and one to disable eldritch blast toggle from main attack)? Any chance of a new key(bind) for eldritch-attack for when it is toggled off?
    I am not sure what you are asking? The activated magical attacks like Consume and Stricken don't require Eldritch Blast to be toggled on so it should work just fine for Souleaters who prefer weapon attacks.

Sev~

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Just to clarify, it seems like soul eaters are designed primarily to be nasty boss killers, with eldritch blast/waves for aoe clear when needed?

It's a little odd seeing how you implemented melee/ranged in this tree with just power. I'm not sure if I could give a suggestion for something otherwise, though.

I also hope you realize that this capstone because of it's will save will be the best ranged insta-kill in the game, given that it'll have the same DC as most of the epic spells.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

No Spell power modification difference between standard single target eldricth blast and cone shaped blast? What is the modifier for eldricth blast tentatively set at to begin testing? Straight modifier per damage type as a normal spell, or is there a +spellpower modifier to help epic scaling?

Will the capstone consume the soul be blocked by deathward?
    Last edited by Jetrule; 05-21-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Jetrule View Post
    No Spell power modification difference between standard single target eldricth blast and cone shaped blast? What is the modifier for eldricth blast tentatively set at to begin testing? Straight modifier per damage type as a normal spell, or is there a +spellpower modifier to help epic scaling?
    There will likely be a scaling difference for the cone toggle, but the value isn't finalized for testing yet.

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    I am not sure what you are asking? The activated magical attacks like Consume and Stricken don't require Eldritch Blast to be toggled on so it should work just fine for Souleaters who prefer weapon attacks.

Sev~
    This tree gives a plethora of bumps to both weapon attacks and Eldritch Blast attacks as well as having specialized cone Eldritch Blast attacks (which I'm guessing requires the toggle to be set to Eldritch Blast), but the example given of in game switching between your weapons and your Eldritch Blast attack seems UI intensive/onerous in that you need at least a toggle hit and for efficiency probably a weapon swap... so you're talking a 2 second downtime for those two actions if say you wanted to swap between melee and an eldritch t5 cone attack. Where-as if you had a single key to kick out Eldritch Blasts while the toggle is off, you could make use of both sides of this trees' benefits with less UI downtime (and take the loss of having to find other equipment slots for your spell damage bumps).
    Casual DDOaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    This tree gives a plethora of bumps to both weapon attacks and Eldritch Blast attacks as well as having specialized cone Eldritch Blast attacks (which I'm guessing requires the toggle to be set to Eldritch Blast), but the example given of in game switching between your weapons and your Eldritch Blast attack seems UI intensive/onerous in that you need at least a toggle hit and for efficiency probably a weapon swap... so you're talking a 2 second downtime for those two actions if say you wanted to swap between melee and an eldritch t5 cone attack. Where-as if you had a single key to kick out Eldritch Blasts while the toggle is off, you could make use of both sides of this trees' benefits with less UI downtime.
    The activated cone attack doesn't require Eldritch Blast to be toggled on. It will just fire. The cone toggle will indeed require you to toggle Eldritch Blast on and off if you intend to interweave it with weapon or ranged attacks. Toggling Eldritch Blast on and off shouldn't affect the state of the cone toggle, however, so you don't have to double toggle to go back using the normal cone shaped Eldritch Blast.

Sev~

I like this, though I wonder if Steal Life Force might be too powerful. You really went for high power on this proposal, too....

On the other hand... I see the stat damage attacks, and remember how enemies in epic elite get a 50% chance to nullify stat damage. I think they also regenerate it, too.

Concerning the SLAs (I assume these will have an SP cost):

1) Blindness is fine, assuming it can be Heightened. Perhaps something that benefits weapon attacks could be an option in this space, for those of us who do melee? Something similar to that enhancement in Swashbuckler that causes Destruction/Improved Destruction on-hit.

2) Burning Blood is a versatile and appropriate DoT effect, but it should be noted that undead are specifically immune to this effect.

There are synergies to be had in this tree but on first glance this tree looks like a pure warlock caster tree. I think this class will be the strongest casterish class available. Prepare for the onslaught of requests to buff other casters. If you can fill us in a bit more on the tree details as you progress. For example is the steal life force sla subject to a save? is it neg damage? for the option designed to heal undead shrouded characters is it also negative or untyped ect.. I love the Steal life force by the way. is it touch or ranged? (I suggest short ranged) subject to meta magics like maximize empower heal ect? I am now very excited for the class release. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Jetrule; 05-21-2015 at 05:44 PM.
    Percivaul Dusol, BadRandall and Shortpact--The Silver Legion

This looks extremely cool.

Actually, please ignore my previous comments about any overpoweredness in this tree. I just went back and realized how little spellpower warlocks are actually getting amongst all of their enhancement trees!

The name Souleater to me sounds like undead and thus should be healed by death aura. Am I wrong?
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robai View Post
    The name Souleater to me sounds like undead and thus should be healed by death aura. Am I wrong?
    No, there are some fey who eat souls. According to the source material I read, it mentions having to learn how to eat souls from some fey creature. Not sure if that's homebrew or not, though.

• Inhuman Deadliness: You gain +1 damage with melee and ranged attacks and +5 Universal Spell Power for each core ability you take in this tree.
    • Inhuman Nature: You gain +25% Fortification and +4 Saving Throws versus Poison and Disease.
    What are the bonus types for these affects? It's peculiar to see 50% nonstacking fortification, but 50% stacking fortification seems too strong.

• Dark Feeding: (2 AP) Multi-selector: Choose a magical attack with a cooldown of 16 seconds. Enemies can negate the ability score damage (but not your ability score gain) with a Will saving throw: DC of 14 + Character Level + Charisma Modifier. These effects do not stack with themselves.
      • Your Flesh is Weak: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Strength damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Strength for 20 seconds.
      • You Cannot Evade Me: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Dexterity damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Dexterity for 20 seconds.
      • Your Will is Mine: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Wisdom damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Wisdom for 20 seconds.
      • Food For Thought: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Intelligence damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Intelligence for 20 seconds.
      • Blood Feast: Activate this ability to cause 1d8+2 Constitution damage to your opponent for 20 seconds. You gain an Insight bonus of 1d8+2 Constitution for 20 seconds.
    I see a problem here. Say you use this ability twice, the second time immediately after it comes off cd. The first time you gain +10 insightful stat. The second time you gain +5 insightful stat... or at least you would if the game allow weaker effects to overwrite stronger ones. In practice you wouldn't gain the buff the second time at all (which will happen about half the time).

Solutions:
    1. Set the cooldown equal to the buff duration, to make it impossible to try and overwite a stronger buff with a weaker one.
    2. Give the buff a static value (e.g. +6 instead of 1d8+2) to make it impossible for the second buff to be weaker than the first one.

[*]Strickened Form: (2 AP) Against targets marked by your Stricken attack: Your melee, ranged and Eldritch Blast attacks cause 1 Vulnerability for 10 seconds. (Vulnerability: You take 1% more damage for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times, and loses one stack on expiration.)
    Clarify: this means that "for the next 10 seconds, all your melee/ranged/EB attacks cause a stack of vulnerability?" Any per-second limitation?

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    What are the bonus types for these affects? It's peculiar to see 50% nonstacking fortification, but 50% stacking fortification seems too strong.
    It stacks. We will watch for other feedback from Lamannia about whether this is too strong.

I see a problem here. Say you use this ability twice, the second time immediately after it comes off cd. The first time you gain +10 insightful stat. The second time you gain +5 insightful stat... or at least you would if the game allow weaker effects to overwrite stronger ones. In practice you wouldn't gain the buff the second time at all (which will happen about half the time).

Solutions:
    1. Set the cooldown equal to the buff duration, to make it impossible to try and overwite a stronger buff with a weaker one.
    2. Give the buff a static value (e.g. +6 instead of 1d8+2) to make it impossible for the second buff to be weaker than the first one.
    Good points.

Clarify: this means that "for the next 10 seconds, all your melee/ranged/EB attacks cause a stack of vulnerability?" Any per-second limitation?
    Vulnerability is an existing effect used by several enhancements so I'd have to check what that is for consistency.

Sev~
    Last edited by Severlin; 05-21-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robai View Post
    All fiends are capable of it (and most do it), many powerful Outsider Abberations (Old Ones...THINGS THAT MUST NOT BE), some fey, some very powerful undead, and some Alhoon that have tampered with themselves to 'change diet'. (Alhoon are Illithid Liches...they still eat brains normally, which they do to recharge their psionic and magical energies at an accelerated rate. Some switch to souls, since they can do that with spells instead of having to get close and use their undead tentacles, end up with something sitting in their dead stomach.)

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    No, there are some fey who eat souls. According to the source material I read, it mentions having to learn how to eat souls from some fey creature. Not sure if that's homebrew or not, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    All fiends are capable of it (and most do it), many powerful Outsider Abberations (Old Ones...THINGS THAT MUST NOT BE), some fey, some very powerful undead, and some Alhoon that have tampered with themselves to 'change diet'. (Alhoon are Illithid Liches...they still eat brains normally, which they do to recharge their psionic and magical energies at an accelerated rate. Some switch to souls, since they can do that with spells instead of having to get close and use their undead tentacles, end up with something sitting in their dead stomach.)
    Thanks!
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Default Immediate Reaction

1) Needs an Eldritch Essence; maybe reduce the damage on Consume and have it apply on Blast, or have a stat damage/waves of exhaustion on Blast, or a chance to apply Consume on Blast? I see essences as one of the defining characteristics of a warlock, and the Soul Eager tree is lacking any EB modification other than the cone shape.

2) I see some compatibility with the other two trees.The casting bonuses will help Tainted Scholars, and the melee bonuses will work for Enlightened Spirits. I can see the 17Wiz/3War build someone mentioned working.

3) Bottom line, for me, is this needs to apply some of its debuffs and damage via Blast rather than a separate mechanic. Consume can stay separate as a DoT, but Stricken as an Eldritch Essence would be potent.
    Thelanis - First Shire Dragons
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 25 FvS Evoker) // Salacya (Tiefling 28 Warlock Cenobite)

[*]SLA: Finger of Death. (2 AP) Cooldown 15 seconds
    How will the DC of the FOD be determined?
    Sarlona Server - Augon, Vitrin, Allaric, Taheghi, Dhakenshaup, Diviciacus, Loukus, Mehujael, Phreddd, Talaun, Zhugeliangg

Officer of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.shivtr.com/

The mistakes of a fighter are the scars on his face.
    The mistakes of a rogue are still locked in their place.
    The mistakes of a mage were destroyed with a boom.
    And the mistakes of a Cleric are lying in a tomb.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast